rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
Here are more pics...

Fearing an unreported repair has me in a bad sort of way. 1) value is obviously affected, 2) I bought the car August 2022, so there is no recourse with selling dealer unless they knew about damage and advertised it as clear to me (plus I'd have to see what Illinois statute of limitations is), 3) Now I question other things about the car.

IMG_5743.jpeg
IMG_5742.jpeg
IMG_5741.jpeg
IMG_5740.jpeg
IMG_5739.jpeg
IMG_5738.jpeg
IMG_5737.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
rolfe.oliver

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
For reference, I just took these pics for you. Also for reference mine is a 2016 GT. The "dark" area on the driver's side is just dirt. The interesting thing is the passenger side looks a lot cleaner and neater than the drivers side. LOL
20240324_132932.jpg
20240324_132911.jpg
That is discouraging (no offense). Your lines look great. Your driver side is "worse" than the passenger side, but obviously way better than mine. Someone else mentioned a rear end slap and quick repair, and that may be likely here.

OP
OP
rolfe.oliver

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
That's what I was thinking. I hope that's not the case because unreported issues like that should be punishable.
I was given a carfax by the selling Ford dealer, which was clean. I am the 3rd owner. I don't know of any recourse unless selling dealer knowingly lied to me, which would be fraud.

OP
OP
rolfe.oliver

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
As bad as the panel work and factory paint can be, nothing in those last two pictures looks factory to me. Even the paintwork on the outside surfaces shown in your pics looks off.

I‘d consider paying a high end body shop a few bucks to tell you if it’s been repaired. Looks like it was finished with 60 grit sandpaper and a brush.
I have a very good quality body shop a few miles from me that I have used in the past. It may be worth their hourly rate to just take a tail light out, get it on a lift, and get their professional opinion. Or, I start with the dealership if this is truly an awful Ford QC issue.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Even if no insurance was involved, I would imagine most reputable body shops report to whatever system is CarFax. I mean, I had curb rash repaired and I see that on the recent carfax pulled.
Looking at the quality of the work, I doubt it was a reputable shop.

Sponsored

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I very much doubt your car has had any work.... other than shit Ford straight from Detroit.

Here is my passenger side.. looks like ass just like yours.

I bought my car new right off the showroom floor.. has 13k miles and has never been in an accident.

IMG_6727.PNG

OP
OP
rolfe.oliver

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
I very much doubt your car has had any work.... other than shit Ford straight from Detroit.

I bought my car new right off the showroom floor.. has 13k miles and has never been in an accident.

IMG_6727.PNG
That's what we like to see!

The only bright side here is that I can sleep happy knowing that Ford is doing their part to employ as many blind workers as possible!!

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's what we like to see!

The only bright side here is that I can sleep happy knowing that Ford is doing their part to employ as many blind workers as possible!!
lol. I love my mustangs but definitely know they're not put together like a Benz.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

IMG_6727.PNG
Yep, mine looks shitty like OP's too and I bought it new

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
That is discouraging (no offense). Your lines look great. Your driver side is "worse" than the passenger side, but obviously way better than mine. Someone else mentioned a rear end slap and quick repair, and that may be likely here.
I'm sure it is. However, u have some good insight as to urs maybe factory because of what other owners are showing. I'll also say according to JD Power & assoc, from mid 2020 and current, they see the most consumer complaints in the auto industry than anytime before.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I was given a carfax by the selling Ford dealer, which was clean. I am the 3rd owner. I don't know of any recourse unless selling dealer knowingly lied to me, which would be fraud.
I’ve posted this in the past….FWIW I don’t trust Carfax…Back in 2014 my wife’s new Scion Tc was involved in two minor accidents requiring insurance claims & body work both times. After the second accident I decided to trade it in for a 2015 Ecoboost for her.The dealer put the Tc on the lot with a clean Carfax noting only a recent oil change.

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
I’ve posted this in the past….FWIW I don’t trust Carfax…Back in 2014 my wife’s new Scion Tc was involved in two minor accidents requiring insurance claims & body work both times. After the second accident I decided to trade it in for a 2015 Ecoboost for her.The dealer put the Tc on the lot with a clean Carfax noting only a recent oil change.
When I bought my Mustang the dealer provided the carfax but I paid for an autocheck anyway just to see if there were any discrepancies.

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
I just looked at mine also, not quite as bad, but not very neat either! mine is OW, bought mine new also, no wrecks.
Sponsored