Tear in Frame

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
For reference, I just took these pics for you. Also for reference mine is a 2016 GT. The "dark" area on the driver's side is just dirt. The interesting thing is the passenger side looks a lot cleaner and neater than the drivers side. LOL
20240324_132932.jpg
20240324_132911.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Also I'm really not sure on my opinion because some things make me think it was a repair but then I look at other areas and it looks factory with lack of quality workmanship from the factory. It's weird man.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
I'll check my car, but I don't think that is a seam.
it doesn’t look like a seam to me either. To the left of the cut/tear you can see where something has scraped along the paint.

Sponsored

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Also I'm really not sure on my opinion because some things make me think it was a repair but then I look at other areas and it looks factory with lack of quality workmanship from the factory. It's weird man.
Anyway to look up from the underside of the car?

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Anyway to look up from the underside of the car?
I was thinking about offering that advice. I'm not sure though because that area is actually "trapped" I believe, so no real way of looking at it?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
As Biggus Dickus pointed out, I am attaching these pictures where it looks like more failure in the same corner.
IMG_5722.jpeg
IMG_5723.jpeg
Good luck with that - the cure is surgery, but the cure might be worse than the disease.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Maybe removing the right tail light would give him a view from the underside?
I was thinking that and then use a borescope. They don't need a very big hole in the structure to get through.

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
Well, this is a strange one. Took the car for its first wash of the season and discovered this 2-inch gash on the inside portion of the body. Car was sold clean title with no accidents. Has anything like this happened to anyone else? Do we think maybe there was an unofficial, unreported accident and repair? Had the car since August 2022 and never noticed this.

IMG_5719.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg
You could drill a small hole like 2 or 3 mm, at each end of the crack it should stop it spreading. Then seal it.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
My guess, since it's a GT 350 the right quarter panel was smacked really bad while on track and most insurance companies will not cover track damage, so the previous owner paid out of pocket for the repair. That would explain why there is no record of any damage.

OP
OP
rolfe.oliver

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
My guess, since it's a GT 350 the right quarter panel was smacked really bad while on track and most insurance companies will not cover track damage, so the previous owner paid out of pocket for the repair. That would explain why there is no record of any damage.
Even if no insurance was involved, I would imagine most reputable body shops report to whatever system is CarFax. I mean, I had curb rash repaired and I see that on the recent carfax pulled.
Sponsored