Sponsored

Switching between Lund ngauge and another tuner/tune

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
Are there any issues with using two different tuners to load different tunes? I primarily use a Lund ngauge but am also considering having a dyno tune done. Can I have the dyno tune on say a livewire and keep my Lund tune on the ngauge and flash the tunes without any issues?

I'm in a situation where I may not be able to have my Lund tune for my new FI and fuel system upgrades complete in enough time for me to drive the car 3.5 hours back home from the shop where the install is being done. My friend has a spare livewire tuner that I could use. I am also curious about what Chris Groves can do. He has a stellar reputation.

Thanks.
Sponsored

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
From what I understand, the Lund nGauge is locked to Lund only. Not sure the process to get it unlocked. I'm sure the Lund guys will chime in soon...

OP
OP

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
I will be loading a dyno tune on a live wire tuner and keeping my Lund tune on the ngauge. So, will I be able to flash the dyno tune onto the PCM using the live wire and then flash back to the Lund tune using the ngauge?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i dont see there being a problem. im no tuner but i feel like it would be the same as flashing any tune and then flashing back to stock. i would assume the only issue being possibly having to flash back to stock then switching tuners/tunes. i assume this cause people switch from bama to lund to dyno tunes etc all the time

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This is one of the reasons I'm highly considering the SCT X4. The Ngauge is cool and all, but I can monitor all the same parameters with the Torque app. I don't mind that it takes a few minutes extra to load a tune. I won't be switching that often and would rather have a good cell phone mount.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
I love the ngauge and Lund tune but I'm just in a little bit of a pickle.

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Yes, if your custom tuner loads his tune directly into the PCM, you can keep your nGuage connected and have the Lund tune loaded. And you should be able to switch back to the Lund tune.

But you will lose your custom tune. You will need to go back to that tuner to have it loaded back into the PCM if you change.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you can have different tuners on your car,

is there something you wanted changed on your car, lund can make changes if you need them

OP
OP

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
Really I just need my car driveable after an FI and fuel system upgrade and he will not be available when the install is complete and I live 3.5 hours from the shop. Not his fault. I just want to make sure I can safely get my car home before I get the tune compelted with Lund.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You would need to have the ngauge unlocked, you would need to reach out to them in order to get that process started. It is not free btw, but once unlocked you can have the car tuned by whom ever you want as long as they write the tune using HPT

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
He wouldn't need to unlock the nGauge for the tuner to connect to the car with HPT. He can keep it locked for Lund.

But he would need to make sure the tuner connects directly to the OBD for his dyno tuning
Sponsored