Sponsored

Swapped from Lund to Palm Beach Dyno

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
How do you suddenly start having that?
Not sure. It's really weird. I thought it was maybe a bad fill up of E85 but it's been through 2 tanks of E85. I'm gonna do some data logging tomorrow and send them over.

EDIT.. I just went and topped it off (had 2 gallons left) and the car isn't doing it. I did a datalog from home, to station and back to home.. very odd.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
As vendors have said it isn't magic making power... and with that being said I ran faster and et was quicker than any PBD tuned car with same setup with Lund. Dyno's aren't the end all be all form of measurement as track times are and longevity. A car that you can hammer 24/7 and run 10.5@130 is more desirable than a car that runs 10.3@132 but is a bad tank away from detonation. Best of luck and just keep an eye on your fuel trims and check your fuel regularly if you're going to run it on the edge

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Best of luck and just keep an eye on your fuel trims and check your fuel regularly if you're going to run it on the edge
I turn on the oil temp gauge first, and wait until it's 1/3 into the green before going above 2.5k RPM, then I switch over to my A/F ratio on the screen. Do you run gauges, use the screen or your SCT tuner?

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
put my 16 on the dyno at Hypermotive this morning. I am only running the TVS 670 kit with a catback and K2 filter. I am still on the stock 85 pulley. I run a 93 tune with VP at the track. I made 669/506. I love my Lund tune. I feel a little surge part throttle but I am WOT at the track so no worries with mine

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
put my 16 on the dyno at Hypermotive this morning. I am only running the TVS 670 kit with a catback and K2 filter. I am still on the stock 85 pulley. I run a 93 tune with VP at the track. I made 669/506. I love my Lund tune. I feel a little surge part throttle but I am WOT at the track so no worries with mine
Yeah, I daily drive mine and sometimes light acceleration can easily turn into going sideways

Sponsored

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Ironically, I just made the exact same change in tune. Waiting on it from Hypermotive. I have reasons that are legit, but also chose not to air them out on a forum. I will agree on the driveability as mine too isn't progressive and does some weird stuff at different throttle inputs. I figure I'll try the PBD tune and if everything changes for the better, I found my issue. One thing I will say is if you as a tuner ask questions in a questionaire format, please pay attention to answers. Octane/fuel means a lot I would think.

demas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang 5.0
Ken B is THE MAN! super professional. Hope he can work out this busy request wave he has :)

Slow.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cedric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350
Does anybody know the rate for a N/a bolt on tune from palm beach dyno without the remote? I live local and i was planning in going there.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I can't comment on Ken B's tunes since I never had any dealings with him, but it sounds like he definitely has his sh*t together. What I can say is my dealings with Lund when I got his tune for my GT350 IM, headers, & full exhaust was right on the money. Super customer service and always answered questions in a timely manner. Soon going positive displacement FI, so we'll see how that tune goes.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Loving my PBT/KB n/a tune! Daily driveability is immensely better. MPH at the track and ET were identical on the same day switching between my other tune. Call Anthony at Hypermotive in NC.

Sponsored

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
What do you guys typically see as a turn around time on a data log submission to get a revision back from a tuner?

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Ironically, I just made the exact same change in tune. Waiting on it from Hypermotive. I have reasons that are legit, but also chose not to air them out on a forum. I will agree on the driveability as mine too isn't progressive and does some weird stuff at different throttle inputs. I figure I'll try the PBD tune and if everything changes for the better, I found my issue. One thing I will say is if you as a tuner ask questions in a questionaire format, please pay attention to answers. Octane/fuel means a lot I would think.
That last part is why I've switched to PBD. It drove me nuts that you fill out a form and they don't read it. So I started putting information in my emails and they would ask questions that I already gave them the answer to. On top of that I would ask them questions and they would respond without actually answering what I asked. They don't know what professional communication is in my experience. Lots of others have nothing but good things to say. Not me. I could go on about the tune issues I had but I've moved on from them so whatever. So far so good with PBD and their level of communication. I just got my SCT from them and will be starting my tuning this week or next so I can't speak on the tuning itself.

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
What is VP at the track and is that what got you to 669/506? I don't see how you are getting that much HP with a basic setup . I have a VMP GEN I I Stage 3 and only make 564/530 to the wheels

Azmike

9's are easy!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wow i am shocked to see the comments about Lund on here. They have been my tuner of choice on my current build. My Paxton 2200 with 3.6 pulley and Fore Fuel system tuned by lund ran 9.97 in the 1/4 mile on e55 crap arizona pump gas. Then it went and ran a 9.89 at 4000 ft DA and 146 mph on E85, Lund over the past year has answered 50 emails from me and never once has been short or untimely in response. So let's not bash a company who this weekend alone helped set the new ecoboost 1/4 mile time record along with more cars in the 8's then any or all the other tuners combined!

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What do you guys typically see as a turn around time on a data log submission to get a revision back from a tuner?
So far i am getting a revision about once a week with PBD. I even sent them a message on FB asking if that amount of time was normal and they said yes. They are very behind. Im hoping they can get caught up. Sucks to wait a week.
Sponsored