Sponsored

Suspension Creaking

MustangerS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The rear suspension (or at least what i think it's the suspension) has a very loud creaking sound when starting from a dead stop. Doesn't creak at any other time and turning the wheels doesn't seem to make it better/worse. I read around a little bit and on the old gens it seemed to be a factor of a loose bolt on the control arm in the rear. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue. Car is a GT/PP and the only suspension mod is the Steeda Bushing Subframe inserts which have been on the car for months without issue.
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Might be that the inserts are a strong point making a weak point louder.

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Got this on mine too. I was going to get it up on a lift and double check the torque on everything to see if it was something come loose. Almost sounds like a sway bar bushing without any grease.

OrangeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I've got the creaking in my Ecoboost. At 2k miles I had the dealer check it out and they couldn't replicate it, but they greased the sway bar bushings anyway.

When I bring mine in next time I will have it addressed again because what they tried didn't fix it.

Jq42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I am having the same issue. Are all you guys lowered?

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I have a similar issue. Mine is stock with Steeda wheel hop eliminator inserts. From a dead stop doesn't matter forward or reverse, the suspension makes a clunking noise. Took it to the dealer they said its the drive shaft moving a little which was normal but it has nothing to do with the thud noise. It happens going over bumps in low speeds as well. My guess is the cv joint or ball bearings.

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
A few days ago i started to notice some creaking sound form the right side of the car on passing bumps at low speeds, ut nothing at all pulling gas at dead stops. I guess that it may be a problem with the hanging/fastening points of the right foothold. Let's see...

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
A few days ago i started to notice some creaking sound form the right side of the car on passing bumps at low speeds, ut nothing at all pulling gas at dead stops. I guess that it may be a problem with the hanging/fastening points of the right foothold. Let's see...

I had this for about a month, but it has since stopped.

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
I had this for about a month, but it has since stopped.
Didn't you get the car serviced? I have not gone to the dealer yet, but it seems to me this is going to be hard to be fixed.

Sometimes the noise decreases, almost dissapear, and there are not enough Stangs yet in Spain (mine is one of the firts units delivered, 8 months old right now) so mechanics and tecnicians are not fmiliar yet with the car...

Sponsored

j_dhillon21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
I had the same problem. It was my rear wheel bearings. Got them replaced by ford and no more creeking!

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Got the thud as well going over sharp bumps ... checked the suspension and nothing obvious. Not a creaking like dhillon said for me.

Almost like something's hitting the body.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I had the same problem. It was my rear wheel bearings. Got them replaced by ford and no more creeking!
How often did your car make noise?

Glad you got it fixed.

j_dhillon21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
How often did your car make noise?

Glad you got it fixed.
Pretty much all the time. As soon as I let the clutch out you could hear a creaking noise coming from the rear. Ford replaced my left rear wheel bearing and said that the noise was gone but I can still hear it a tiny bit when I go over speed bumps. Nothing compared to the creak I was getting before though. I took the car back to ford today and asked them to change the other bearing and they said that it wasnt the bearing causing the noise it was my aftermarket sway bars and springs :doh:
Sponsored