Supporting mods for procharger?

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
I am looking at adding a procharger to my GT manual sometime in the next 6 months as the wallet and time allow. My question is for the guys who are running forced induction already. What type of supporting mods would be necessary for spirited driving with this setup without worries about breaking factory components. Specifically talking about the clutch/flywheel combo, driveshaft and halfshafts. Are most guys running factory halfshafts and driveshaft still and just upgrading the clutch to hold the extra power? Any information is appreciated.
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I am looking at adding a procharger to my GT manual sometime in the next 6 months as the wallet and time allow. My question is for the guys who are running forced induction already. What type of supporting mods would be necessary for spirited driving with this setup without worries about breaking factory components. Specifically talking about the clutch/flywheel combo, driveshaft and halfshafts. Are most guys running factory halfshafts and driveshaft still and just upgrading the clutch to hold the extra power? Any information is appreciated.
Doing the same here. Supporting mods I have installed and parts I have waiting to be installed;

1) Dynotech one piece Aluminum DS. Rated 800hp (installed)
2) McLeod RXT Twin Disc Clutch and lightened steel flywheel (not installed)
3) DSS 800hp half shafts (not installed)
4) JMS plug and play BAP (not installed)
5) Procharger HO kit (not installed)

I have a lot of work left to do before spring :) I have a lot of other supporting mods but they are not must haves. The list above is my opinion of must haves but others are running FI without some or most of these...up to you.

Do you have your Procharger kit purchased yet?

OP
OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Doing the same here. Supporting mods I have installed and parts I have waiting to be installed;

I have a lot of work left to do before spring :) I have a lot of other supporting mods but they are not must haves. The list above is my opinion of must haves but others are running FI without some or most of these...up to you.

That's basically what I was figuring would be the essentials. I was hoping the halfshafts would hold up ok but that was just me wishing I wouldn't have to spend more money haha. I haven't ordered mine yet. Going to get it all at once and knock it all out at the same time. I'm probably going to go with the beefcake special since it includes the ID1000 injectors and I can get the boost a pump with their kit.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
That's basically what I was figuring would be the essentials. I was hoping the halfshafts would hold up ok but that was just me wishing I wouldn't have to spend more money haha. I haven't ordered mine yet. Going to get it all at once and knock it all out at the same time. I'm probably going to go with the beefcake special since it includes the ID1000 injectors and I can get the boost a pump with their kit.
From all that I have been reading, the half shafts are mandatory if you have a manual with better tires. Folks are breaking them even without FI.

Going with procharger stage II (i think) jan or feb. Going to keep it tamed, only upgrade might be a bap

Sponsored

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
Half shafts are a must.

I have a clutch/flywheel sitting in my living room right now, waiting for my whipple to burn through the stocker but she's holding tough even with how I beat on it.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Half shafts are a must.

I have a clutch/flywheel sitting in my living room right now, waiting for my whipple to burn through the stocker but she's holding tough even with how I beat on it.
I agree! The stock clutch was surprisingly strong. I swapped it out for a ACT clutch, horrible mistake. Now I am ordering a Mcleod:thumbsup:

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
I agree! The stock clutch was surprisingly strong. I swapped it out for a ACT clutch, horrible mistake. Now I am ordering a Mcleod:thumbsup:
I've got a mcleod hanging out waiting, it's sort of blowing my mind how well the stock clutch is holding on.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I think the supporting mods like half shafts and clutch upgrade are great for piece of mind, but not necessarily needed for a street car with radials especially with higher gears like 3.73. Stock half shafts and rear ends brake due to wheel hop mostly so I would make that a must due item, get suspension components to control wheel hop first.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Your next immediate cost will involve suspension to get hooked up! You can go basic or put a ton of $ under there! Next tires, you'll want to look at some sort of drag/street radials.Your PZero's will get you by but you will want to find something better. As far as clutch and half shafts and drive train, my plan is to upgrade as they break. My dealer and speed shop (2 separate sources) told me clutch and drive train is rated up to 900 horse at the crank. This is the plan I'm taking, so far so good on drive train and I'm at about 650rwhp and try and use every bit of them!:ford:

Sponsored
OP
OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I've got a mcleod hanging out waiting, it's sort of blowing my mind how well the stock clutch is holding on.
That's good to know, thanks for the information!

OP
OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I think the supporting mods like half shafts and clutch upgrade are great for piece of mind, but not necessarily needed for a street car with radials especially with higher gears like 3.73. Stock half shafts and rear ends brake due to wheel hop mostly so I would make that a must due item, get suspension components to control wheel hop first.
Ya, that was the first thing I attacked. I have the full complement of Steeda goodies under the car. Wheel hop is gone. :thumbsup:

Your next immediate cost will involve suspension to get hooked up! You can go basic or put a ton of $ under there! Next tires, you'll want to look at some sort of drag/street radials.Your PZero's will get you by but you will want to find something better. As far as clutch and half shafts and drive train, my plan is to upgrade as they break. My dealer and speed shop (2 separate sources) told me clutch and drive train is rated up to 900 horse at the crank. This is the plan I'm taking, so far so good on drive train and I'm at about 650rwhp and try and use every bit of them!:ford:
Good to hear that its holding up! My suspension is basically done with all the Steeda components right now. I have a set of Nitto Invo's under the car also. I am hoping to not have the clutch destroy itself since I rely on the car as a daily driver so I may swap that out but maybe I can hold off on halfshafts for a little while. :cheers:

OP
OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
From all that I have been reading, the half shafts are mandatory if you have a manual with better tires. Folks are breaking them even without FI.

Going with procharger stage II (i think) jan or feb. Going to keep it tamed, only upgrade might be a bap
Ya I did hear about guys snapping some without FI, I'm not building it to be a drag car so it wont see any crazy launches and I'm hoping they will be okay because of that. I'm daily driving it and it will see an occasional road course track day.

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack

No oil pump gears and sprocket?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Again aggressive launching with sticky tires and wheel hop will break the stock shafts. Street cars with wheel hop control mods should not be a problem with stock half shafts.
Sponsored