Supply and fit Roush Axle-back

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
I am pretty sure this is the exhaust mod I want to make, can anyone recommend a supplier who can fit it as well? Ideally in the South Coast (Hampshire) ?
Are there any drawbacks with the Roush Axle-back?
Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
It's insanely loud! :lol:
Ignore him.

Its a perfect blend of opening up the V8 roar whilst still being semi socially correct and less than half the cost of full systems that dont sound much better.

I got mine supplied and fitted by GT101 in Colchester. Yeh, not the south coast but made a day of it and worth the trip to have these guys work on your car. Its like the difference between NHS and Bupa. Both do the same jobs but feels a bit special going private!

Cost me around £600 I think. I can look up the invoice if you really want to know what I paid.

Only draw back is cutting up the original system but how many people really intend put it back on?

[ame]

OP
OP

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Great thanks. I am a little worried its too loud, but I heard an AMG Merc C Class yesterday and the V8 sounded far better than the stock mustang...... So that meant planning the first upgrade when she arrives early next year......

browny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT
Had my Roush Axle back put on within 2hrs of picking up the car. Ordered from American Muscle and had my local mechanic/garage fit it in approx 1hr. Fitting cost me £50.
The sound is an absolute joy !! Seriously worth every penny. Quite loud on cold starts but once warmed up, gives a beautiful deep V8 rumble on normal driving. Of course, hammer your foot down and everyone within a mile will hear you !!

Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I just put one on mine and while it is definitely louder than stock, it is just the right amount of noise for a daily driver IMO. There is a bit of drone on the highway doing 70-80 MPH(so like 110-125KMH?) but if you listen to the radio like I do, you won't even notice. It is one of the more tame exhausts you can get for this car I think. I am in love with it though!

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls
Ignore him.

Its a perfect blend of opening up the V8 roar whilst still being semi socially correct and less than half the cost of full systems that dont sound much better.

I got mine supplied and fitted by GT101 in Colchester. Yeh, not the south coast but made a day of it and worth the trip to have these guys work on your car. Its like the difference between NHS and Bupa. Both do the same jobs but feels a bit special going private!

Cost me around £600 I think. I can look up the invoice if you really want to know what I paid.

Only draw back is cutting up the original system but how many people really intend put it back on?

Nice vid and nice sound.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Great thanks. I am a little worried its too loud, but I heard an AMG Merc C Class yesterday and the V8 sounded far better than the stock mustang...... So that meant planning the first upgrade when she arrives early next year......
Pretty sure we could cross paths and meet up sometime in the new year and you can listen to and come for a drive in mine.

OP
OP

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
That would be awesome SteveC. Happy to drive to you at some point.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest, if I had a GT, I'd probably have a roush AB on it, or one of the Corsa Cat Back systems. The Roush gets a brilliant sound out of the car, my only draw back to it, is, that it requires cutting of the stock system (Which is trash anyway....), but still, not something I'd have been prepared to do myself.

Now that being said, someone to supply and fit maybe a pick n mix match. [MENTION=19416]Guy@NemesisUK[/MENTION] can supply, however most bodyshops or garages will be able to fit this for you. GT101 maybe a bit far for you to drive, as may Modurstang, so maybe your local bloke with a saw maybe the closest and best option?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Thanks Manders, GT101 may work well, my brother is up in Ipswich, good excuse to drive it on a descent run. :headbang:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
mountune is in essex and is official roush distributor for uk though no idea how far away that is from you. its all just "south" to me :)

OP
OP

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
I am in Fareham, just West of Portsmouth.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ignore him.

Ignore HIM^. :D

TBF, I was remembering this yellow one from Northampton but looks like it has an H-pipe as well:

[ame]
Sponsored