Sponsored

Supply and fit Roush Axle-back

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] has one booked in berks for the 17th Dec, Not sure how many will turn up as it's very close to christmas, however i'm sure there will be a few modded 550's.:thumbsup:
Had it been the 18th I might have popped up, but my brother is getting married on the 17th. Well it can wait until the new year. I'm not in any hurry.
Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Head to Haynes in Maidstone Kent, and get a Steeda Axle back fitted.

Win all round.....
I'd need to hear one before I committed to such a thing. The videos online make it sound raspy, which I do not like. But, videos aren't a good indication of the real sound, so I'd reserve judgement.

Good price though (I just saw the discount).

sunny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sunny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Black on Black
Had Roush axle backs done, but just wasn't loud enough for me.. then got H-pipes...DAYAAAM!!!! happy bunny for now!

You can see my vid..
[ame]

BTW, Dave & Lee at GT101.co.uk were awesome!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Had Roush axle backs done, but just wasn't loud enough for me.. then got H-pipes...DAYAAAM!!!! happy bunny for now!

You can see my vid..

You know you've done the right thing when you get the uncontrollable 'fuck me, thats nice' laugh like yours towards the end ;)!:headbang:

Sponsored

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Not loud enough? I was gobsmacked the difference just a pair of backboxes made, cold starts are pretty fecking loud:eyebulge: Defo wouldn't want louder for daily use, IMHO.

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls

You can see my vid..

Great Vid, Sunny.
Great sound!

sunny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sunny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Black on Black
Not loud enough? I was gobsmacked the difference just a pair of backboxes made, cold starts are pretty fecking loud:eyebulge: Defo wouldn't want louder for daily use, IMHO.
Defo agree... its my weekend toy. If for daily use would then would be more than happy with the just RAB's alone.

Inspiration from the Mustang meets, loved the sound it made... And nothing beats listening up close and personal, no matter how good your speakers are...

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I'd need to hear one before I committed to such a thing. The videos online make it sound raspy, which I do not like. But, videos aren't a good indication of the real sound, so I'd reserve judgement.

Good price though (I just saw the discount).
This is a really good customer review posted about them that addresses that "raspy" question exactly amongst other things.

https://theslanted.com/2015/09/20778/steeda-s550-mustang-gt-fastback-axle-back-exhaust-review/

The Steeda system is designed for a drone free nice V8 rumble, not the more "race-car" rasp that some systems go for.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a really good customer review posted about them that addresses that "raspy" question exactly amongst other things.

https://theslanted.com/2015/09/20778/steeda-s550-mustang-gt-fastback-axle-back-exhaust-review/

The Steeda system is designed for a drone free nice V8 rumble, not the more "race-car" rasp that some systems go for.
Okay, you have my attention. The video sound quality (at least on the laptop!) isn't great but I get the picture. Very... tempting.

Sponsored

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
[MENTION=21524]willisit[/MENTION] thats good to hear!

One of the best lines in the review for me (comedy wise) was:

" Sure, the Steeda video sounded like it was shot with a towel wrapped around the mic,"

which made me laugh, as I had thought the same thing....

As I say these are in stock and good to go. [MENTION=22729]Sam[/MENTION]H has one and he really likes it.
his review was:
"fitted mine Tuesday, i must say it sounds awesome!"

If you wanted to get it in the December sale, we could ship it straight to Modurstang for you as Mike is an official fitter for us and you mentioned you were going there in Jan?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, nothing against the Roush as it's a great system, but as we're all different i'd advise going out and hearing as many of the ones 'from youtube' that you like the sound of before buying any exhaust as it's a rather pricey mistake to make.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI, nothing against the Roush as it's a great system, but as we're all different i'd advise going out and hearing as many of the ones 'from youtube' that you like the sound of before buying any exhaust as it's a rather pricey mistake to make.
This was my point all along; very few systems I've heard on YouTube appeal to me. The Racecar, raspy noise seems very popular, but I've always been keen on old school rumbly V8s. Now, since we aren't in the age of big blocks made of Iron anymore (at least, in the sense on a 1969 carbed lump), those days are pretty much gone. However, I can get close. I don't want am 8000rpm racer, I want a lazy V8.

Both the Roush and this Steeda make a noise I'd be happy with... in videos. I need to hear more.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21524]willisit[/MENTION] thats good to hear!

One of the best lines in the review for me (comedy wise) was:

" Sure, the Steeda video sounded like it was shot with a towel wrapped around the mic,"

which made me laugh, as I had thought the same thing....

As I say these are in stock and good to go. [MENTION=22729]Sam[/MENTION]H has one and he really likes it.
his review was:
"fitted mine Tuesday, i must say it sounds awesome!"

If you wanted to get it in the December sale, we could ship it straight to Modurstang for you as Mike is an official fitter for us and you mentioned you were going there in Jan?
That is my plan, but I won't be able to take advantage of your discount I'm afraid. I've spent every penny I have!

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Nice to see how well undercoated your original exhaust was, Sunny lol
Sponsored