Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
One would have to question why a person would want a SC on a free revving FPC..?

Once that is revealed, you might have the answer to the question.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Understood.

My point about the boss engine was that Ford didn't have to, but they fortified the engine to accept modifications that increased power well beyond its factory intended threshold.

I expect the voodoo follow that pattern.
Thats not how it works. They build an engine to suit whatever design parameters they are aiming for. If it happens to take boost and provide a good amount of whp over stock than that's an added side benefit. They aren't going to build an engine to be stronger (increasing cost) just because someone may want to throw an aftermarket supercharger or turbos on it.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
I for one will appreciate all the effort from those who bolt on turbo and supercharging kits to their GT350's. I will reap the benefit of all those destroyed cars that are then sold for parts. I can see several of them up for picking apart at the local "U-Pull-It".

Please...by all means ...boost away.

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Honestly...if someone wants to add FI to the new 5.2...let em' have at it. There is no doubt in my mind that the 5.2 can handle a little boost. Plenty of Honda engines rev to the moon and people have still boosted them without blowing them up (safely of course)...think K20 and F20 engines specifically.

FPC's have been boosted before, too, with the likes of BMW and Ferrari. Hell, look at motorcycles. They rev faster/higher than any car could hope to...and with HIGH compression ratios, to boot.

Now, if I actually do buy a GT350 (still going back and forth between a few other cars)...it would probably be the first vehicle I've ever owned, not to be messed with. That's just a personal preference. If I wanted to mod something, I'd start with a GT Premium and zero options.

Just my 0.02...

NicksM3

Trak Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
E92 M3 Competition
Nick, I had an ESS kit, hated it, it ruined the driving experience, which is why i see where the non-boost crowd is coming from. However, after selling the ESS, i went with Evolve, and its absoloutley awesome. Hence i know from experience the difference in boosting it on a budget, and one thats well thought out. Mine retains every aspect of the NA S65, just more power everywhere (since it was lacking)

For the NA only guys, it will by my car, and i want it boosted. Its really that simple. Secondly, you sound like the M fanboys who feel its a sin to add boost to such a great NA motor. Yes, the FPC will be great in NA, but it will be awesome with 8psi as well. There has been much , MUCH improvement on high compression motors and FI.

The car is meant to be driven, and im going to drive the F out of it, when it comes time to sell, its worth what its worth, but I will have gotten my value out of it.. and then have a s/c kit for sale to someone else who wants to S/C a GT350 :)
Shit...you are the first ive read and heard of anyone hating the ESS Kit. I love NA motors, but that surge of power i love aswell and miss. Coming from a 500 WHP STI and a C6 Z06....i do miss that freakish power when it hits. As for my M3 im leaving it NA....if i dont sell my M for the 350...or try to keep her and manage financing the 350....maybe just maybe doing a 4.6 Stroker 530-550 to the wheels is more than enough for me, this is ofcoarse when some $$ comes along.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
It's interesting that it is ok for you to not like something, but it's not for me.

I never said that it wasn't the car for them. If someone wants a supercharged gt350, there's pretty much only one car you can use to get there.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Oh no...I'm definitely encouraging you to boost the hell out of your GT350.

It could only help the used parts resale market. We all benefit from your short term joy in the long term.

Boost, boost, boost.

BADASS03SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Why?

The person who put a blower on a GT350 bought the wrong car.
for the same reasons people make kits to put a GT500 blower on a 3v....:cheers:

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Why?

The person who put a blower on a GT350 bought the wrong car.
I totally agree, if you want to change the horse power, wait for the GT500 or take a regular GT, that does not have such small, light pistons "soup" this one up. All your going to do is cut the engine life in half, and knock down the value of this rare beauty (GT350) as well. And this is coming from a guy that Supercharges everything he gets. My hummer H2 was supercharge last week, and my 2015 Wrangler would have a Maguson Supercharger on it but they delayed it due to eletronic on the ECU, when they get this figured out I will get it as well, But my new GT350 is going to be left alone. (for now...:thumbsup: can I get an..:amen:

Garrett94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
1966 fastback project
Personally I wouldn't supercharge a 350 you add weight to the nose, screw up the balance, the rpms would fall, and the motor wouldn't rev as freely, and all of those things are what makes the car unique it would be counterproductive not to mention there's going to be issues with clearance that hood is really low but hey if you buy the car and you want to run boost then by all means run boost it's your car

BADASS03SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
some of you need to buy the R model. You talking as if its a sacred car or something...lol. Strain, balance, weight can all be changed.. Unique? yes but its not a limited production car. Ford said similar numbers sold like the GT500 in previous years. Why a GT or GT500 deserves mods but not this car is pretty funny.

Senator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Turbo Cobra
It's really no one's place to tell anyone else what they can/can't do their car. Especially one, no one owns yet...lol

Personally, I love the GT350, but I'm waiting to see what the GT500 offers as FI does in fact interest me, then decide from there.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think it's great that some people have the money and intestinal fortitude to modify a brand new car. Cool stuff.
Sponsored