Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I totally agree, if you want to change the horse power, wait for the GT500 or take a regular GT, that does not have such small, light pistons "soup" this one up. All your going to do is cut the engine life in half, and knock down the value of this rare beauty (GT350) as well. And this is coming from a guy that Supercharges everything he gets. My hummer H2 was supercharge last week, and my 2015 Wrangler would have a Maguson Supercharger on it but they delayed it due to eletronic on the ECU, when they get this figured out I will get it as well, But my new GT350 is going to be left alone. (for now...:thumbsup: can I get an..:amen:
But i want a boosted FPC 5.2L V8.. so what car should i buy? I also want the car to handle as well, have the latest tech, freshest style exterior and interior.

1.engines can be rebuilt
2. value does not decrease due to boost if you hold onto the car for more than 5 years

and this is coming from a guy that boosts everything he buys, dodge/ford/chevy/bmw whatever.. And my 350 will have boost as soon as its available, because its more badass than the plain, run-of-the-mill, stock or close to stock 350's purists will have and hard park at coffee shops :) Can I get a F@*k Yea!? :headbang:
Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Ummm..okay... "F" yeah.

But..

1. destroyed engines are better replaced when the cylinder walls are compromised.
2. Driving a car over 5 year as a DD with boost...and not decrease in value??? Ummm -> Not

I believe you've boosted everything... sounds like a heck of a lot of fun and time invested into doing so. But this is a different animal entirely.

Maybe you should get the GT350 and wait for FRPP to release the VooDoo 5.2 FI Crate engine variant released specifically for a boosted application. Then you would get a bigger return on your fun factor and enjoy the performance more without investing all the effort into an application with a minimal amount of boost. Then you could dial in the boost more aggressively without risking it all.

Just saying.

Otherwise hit me up in a PM so I can keep in touch with potential allocation of used spare parts for my GT350. ;-)

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I say, boost it. It's your car and your money.

F**k Yeah!

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
If I ever give a go at getting a GT350 I would keep it completely stock, weekend only type of car. Adding FI would destroy its resale value. Any other regular Mustang? Force Induct away at your heart's content...

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
If I ever give a go at getting a GT350 I would keep it completely stock, weekend only type of car. Adding FI would destroy its resale value. Any other regular Mustang? Force Induct away at your heart's content...
:amen:

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Can someone please explain to me how a boosted engine devalues the car? You take the kit off, sell it, and sell the car. How many "part out" threads do you see on forums?

DD'ing a boosted car will only devalue it as much as the miles and wear a DD'd car will have.

A blown engine, sure. except if your worried about blowing the engine, your probably not working with the best people, or you choose to go for more than it can take. In that regard, sure. but you get what you pay for

This is literally the same discussion people had for the M3, and look at it now, 8 years later and hundreds of 8-10 psi stockmotor, 8600 rpm, 12.1 compression motors running strong for 50-100k miles, even with a known rod bearing issue ( some stock, under 3k miles, some at 75k miles, but relatively small amount)

And the Bosted ones attend racing events several times a year.

Again, its a car, a car that will lose value as soon as you drive it, and every time you drive it, and even when its just sitting there. By the time these cars are "collectors" cars to even remotley have a chance at recouping your initial investment, the majority will be rusted out and people will gladly pay for one that well maintained, as people that are after more performance tend to do, more so than the "collector" car guys

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
If you sell the car with full disclosure and reveal it was boosted or even leave the boosted kit on it...the buyer should consider that the car was always driven at more than spirited levels or regularly raced. The boost over the already high compression would degrade all working moving parts in the internal combustion cycle exponentially faster than what the OEM spec was designed and calibrated for. Immediately voiding any warrantees for the Manufacturer on any after market boosted kits applied to it without FoMoCo's FFPP blessing.

In other words the equivalent of a 5year old DD non boosted High Compression normally aspirated car with say 50k miles on it ....would be a boosted car with maybe 20k miles on it in 2years or less.

Its a risk to take . But if its your cup of tea to boost...then please boost.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
First off, if you take off the supercharger and then sell it, without disclosing to the new buyer it had one, that is unethical. I for one would never buy this car if I knew it had FI on it...that's me. I promise you the average guy cares if this car had it on there, and you took it off before selling it. (The average guy....Im not saying you can not fine someone who does not care) People are going to want this car original...meaning even the wheels are the same as what came on it.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
By the way...we're not talking about a regular Mustang GT, this is a Shelly GT350 the more original, the easier it is to sell, and the more money you will get for it. The only car that might make an exception is Jeep Wanglers, you can fix them up and most will not care..But !! if the previous owner thinks for a minute you off roaded the Jeep, the value goes down. Just like if someone thinks the GT350 has been tracked, or race. Just my opinion

Sponsored

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Not a Mustang
But i want a boosted FPC 5.2L V8.. so what car should i buy? I also want the car to handle as well, have the latest tech, freshest style exterior and interior.

1.engines can be rebuilt
2. value does not decrease due to boost if you hold onto the car for more than 5 years

and this is coming from a guy that boosts everything he buys, dodge/ford/chevy/bmw whatever.. And my 350 will have boost as soon as its available, because its more badass than the plain, run-of-the-mill, stock or close to stock 350's purists will have and hard park at coffee shops :) Can I get a F@*k Yea!? :headbang:
Why do you want to boost a GT350? Do you think it is underpowered or is it just for Internet bragging rights? If you actually plan to use the GT350 at the track which is where it belongs 500+ horsepower is probably more than enough. Oh wait you said hard park so you don't like to actually use your car.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Even if you're never interested in selling it...just from the wear and tear on a boosted motor.... Expect your life cycle of fun to be short lived. 5 years out with 50k on it .... might as well be 10 years old with 100k on it. And that's only if you don't beat on it.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
If you sell the car with full disclosure and reveal it was boosted or even leave the boosted kit on it...the buyer should consider that the car was always driven at more than spirited levels or regularly raced. The boost over the already high compression would degrade all working moving parts in the internal combustion cycle exponentially faster than what the OEM spec was designed and calibrated for. Immediately voiding any warrantees for the Manufacturer on any after market boosted kits applied to it without FoMoCo's FFPP blessing.

In other words the equivalent of a 5year old DD non boosted High Compression normally aspirated car with say 50k miles on it ....would be a boosted car with maybe 20k miles on it in 2years or less.

Its a risk to take . But if its your cup of tea to boost...then please boost.
Ok, so a race inspired mustang is driven more spirited than... another race inspired mustang? Dont follow the logic. any car that hits a roadcourse, what this car is designed for, which see SIGNIFICANTLY more stress than boosted car that has not seen a roadcourse.

You cant say it will overwork the motor by XYZ miles, its a race inspired motor, and surely been designed to withstand racing it, boosted or not. properly boosted cars will not show any any discernible wear over equal miles non boosted engine.

If your past 5 years, are you not already past the manufacturers warranty?

Or is everyone saying they plan on buying this car, just to sell it in less than 5 years?

First off, if you take off the supercharger and then sell it, without disclosing to the new buyer it had one, that is unethical. I for one would never buy this car if I knew it had FI on it...that's me. I promise you the average guy cares if this car had it on there, and you took it off before selling it. (The average guy....Im not saying you can not fine someone who does not care) People are going to want this car original...meaning even the wheels are the same as what came on it.

So refer to my 1st comment above, you taking this car and using it what its meant for is much much worse than a few psi. So what are you buying the car for, to drive it, or park it? when do you plan on selling it?
Of course people want original wheels, but having original parts, and be unmolested are 2 different things. Do you think you will ever take it to red line? well now, you just devalued the car, Im a car guy and I dont know how you drive. If the car is running strong and fine at the time, its running perfectly at the time. you nor I can predict the future. Your unmolested 1 time redline hitting OEM car could have gone 100rpm past the limiter and bounced it, bent/weakened a valve thats about to break in 1k miles. where as a former boosted one could just as easily be immensely longer lasting.

Its a race inspired, dare i say dedicated, MUSTANG, its not a Lamborghini, pagani, or Ferrari. You, the owner are buying the car to use it, and the prospective buyer is buying it for the same. A well running prior boosted car is worth every penny to an equally running non boosted car, with full disclosure.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so a race inspired mustang is driven more spirited than... another race inspired mustang? Dont follow the logic. any car that hits a roadcourse, what this car is designed for, which see SIGNIFICANTLY more stress than boosted car that has not seen a roadcourse.
This is easy.... Simply because with the boosted engine there is a higher inclination to "GET ON IT" simply driving to get groceries. When the GT350 which is tracked on occassion is taken care of driving to the same grocery store.

You cant say it will overwork the motor by XYZ miles, its a race inspired motor, and surely been designed to withstand racing it, boosted or not. properly boosted cars will not show any any discernible wear over equal miles non boosted engine.
Are you referring to pitting on the Pistons and vales? That might not be noticable....But...The wear and tear is quantified by the amount of additional pressure and forces applied to the internal parts in the combustion cycle. Metal fatigue, cylinder wall wear etc,etc.

If your past 5 years, are you not already past the manufacturers warranty?

Or is everyone saying they plan on buying this car, just to sell it in less than 5 years?
I think the idea is to get the most enjoyment out of it for as long as possible without changing it from it's original state. I would not sell it ever. It would be handed down. This car would likely be treated with a bit more care than my modified S197 Coyote GT...which was purchased with the goal of boosting it and having fun with it. But, that too will be handed down.

So refer to my 1st comment above, you taking this car and using it what its meant for is much much worse than a few psi. So what are you buying the car for, to drive it, or park it? when do you plan on selling it?
Of course people want original wheels, but having original parts, and be unmolested are 2 different things. Do you think you will ever take it to red line? well now, you just devalued the car, Im a car guy and I dont know how you drive. If the car is running strong and fine at the time, its running perfectly at the time. you nor I can predict the future. Your unmolested 1 time redline hitting OEM car could have gone 100rpm past the limiter and bounced it, bent/weakened a valve thats about to break in 1k miles. where as a former boosted one could just as easily be immensely longer lasting.

Its a race inspired, dare i say dedicated, MUSTANG, its not a Lamborghini, pagani, or Ferrari. You, the owner are buying the car to use it, and the prospective buyer is buying it for the same. A well running prior boosted car is worth every penny to an equally running non boosted car, with full disclosure.
Okay...its race inspired but its also presented as a daily drivable car that can race. Not a race car that can be driven daily. Believe it not there is a difference. If you boost it then I wouldn't expect you to baby this thing as a daily driver.... you would like to get the whine of that boost to kick in and enjoy the effect of being pinned to your seat when it does kick in. And you know what...I understand. Which is why if I boost it....I would choose to build a FPC motor specifically for that application. That would net me a race inspired car designed for boost.

BADASS03SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Are you referring to pitting on the Pistons and vales? That might not be noticable....But...The wear and tear is quantified by the amount of additional pressure and forces applied to the internal parts in the combustion cycle. Metal fatigue, cylinder wall wear etc,etc.

I think the idea is to get the most enjoyment out of it for as long as possible without changing it from it's original state. I would not sell it ever. It would be handed down. This car would likely be treated with a bit more care than my modified S197 Coyote GT...which was purchased with the goal of boosting it and having fun with it. But, that too will be handed down.
I for one treat all of my cars the same. Why you would treat one better than another is beyond me. Your boost GT done right prob has just as much money into it as your stock GT350 will. I don't get this logic at all. Tires wear out, brakes wear out, leather wears out. Maybe leave it in the garage and when you hand it down the next person will actually enjoy it. Tell all the people paying $20-25k for a 12 year old Terminator how bad its worn out. LOL. In the end its a Mustang, not a Ferrari. Its a car, drive it. If you like it stock, leave it stock. If you like tinkering and enjoying the car to its utmost potential then mod it up. Will the car with less miles and stock get more money on resale? Maybe but is the few grand you'd gain worth your happiness? Not mine. Life is short and you can't take money with you.
Sponsored