Sponsored

Subwoofer Upgrade

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Where I mounted my bass knob, never mind the other things!

Nice Walther

Did the entire center console have to be pulled up to get the wire fed in there?
Sponsored

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Pull the 2 10mm bolts under the console mat and it will lift enough to get the wire under there. The USB/cig lighter plate just clips in and gives you access to get to the wire. The console gets to stay in.

Now my amp is located in the trunk area behind the stock sub enclosure. The remote bass knob wire runs from there, under the rear seat and under the carpet into the console.

ortovosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Mustang fastback
To all my US friends... I am lookin for a factory Shaker subwoofer to install into my Australian pony (we didn't get sub)... so if anyone is pulling theirs out to upgrade it - keen to buy one.

Thanks for any help !

ortovosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Mustang fastback
...bump...

OP
OP
Chef jpd

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
To all my US friends... I am lookin for a factory Shaker subwoofer to install into my Australian pony (we didn't get sub)... so if anyone is pulling theirs out to upgrade it - keen to buy one.

Thanks for any help !
The box is fairly large and heavy, so shipping will be $$$.
Since you are going to have to get an amp to power it anyway, you might be better served getting an aftermarket unit like a JL or Kicker or Zen.

You also need the mounting frame for the sub which is quite big. More shipping $$$$$

Last edited:

Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Since you are going to have to get an amp to power it anyway, you might be better served getting an aftermarket unit like a JL or Kicker or Zen.
^^^ THIS ^^^ A lot of folks on this forum have swapped out the factory Shaker sub for something else... the Shaker sub just doesn't have enough output. I would hate to see someone that is going to have to pay a shit-ton in shipping get one and still not be happy!

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

You also need the mounting frame for the sub which is quite big. More shipping $$$$$
Yes, shipping is very costly, I actually sold my Shaker sub to a member in Australia, shipping was $172 (US dollars) shipped via USPS

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Not sure if this has been asked or answered, but I was initially going to do the inexpensive LD-10 in line converter to the subwoofer DIY mod but then I came across this thread. It got me wondering if you could do both and would it send more power to the aftermarket sub?

OP
OP
Chef jpd

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this has been asked or answered, but I was initially going to do the inexpensive LD-10 in line converter to the subwoofer DIY mod but then I came across this thread. It got me wondering if you could do both and would it send more power to the aftermarket sub?
Can you clarify on what you are proposing?
Are you adding an amp to your setup?

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Can you clarify on what you are proposing?
Are you adding an amp to your setup?
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26886

Yes, sorry I'm not super tech savvy with audio/electronics. I hope the link works, but in the DIY section there is a post about making the factory woofer sound better using a PAC LD-10 in-line amp. I believe it is spliced in post factory amp, pre woofer. The pics no longer work, ugh.

I initially planned to do this DIY mod until I saw your thread. It got me thinking if I could combine the 2 for improved/increased sound.

Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chef jpd

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can't imagine the LD10 would make that much of a difference, and when Nitro noted there is now a loud hum coming from the sub............well, that can't be good.
Just do it in stages, replace the speaker first, see how you like it, and if you want more, you would be much better off running a small amp to power the new sub.

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
I can't imagine the LD10 would make that much of a difference, and when Nitro noted there is now a loud hum coming from the sub............well, that can't be good.
Just do it in stages, replace the speaker first, see how you like it, and if you want more, you would be much better off running a small amp to power the new sub.
Good advice, thank you!

tal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
Stock subwoofer

Do any of you guys have your old stock 8" subwoofers? (not blown of course! :lol:) I'd like to do a project.

The OEM cover would be nice too.

Donation to your PayPal account?

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
New guy here, this thread really should be broken into 3:

Center channel
Tweeters
Subs.

Anyway, I am interested in more low end.

Was there ever a consensus over whether just swapping out factory sub with aftermarket sub is alot better, does it really need a aftermarket amp?

What about just more power to factory sub?

It seems like guys were getting sub signal from rears instead of post sub amp, why? Seems like rears would have low low range cut off by amp SW.

So I love everything about this car, but the expensive radio kinda disappoints.

Help!?

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Get a single 10" and a new amp, will provide better low end over stock. My stock sub is still connected along with JL 10" in the spare tire area.
Sponsored