X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I saw in the earlier post that someone put an xpipe on gt exahust, it sounded great on launch but when at higher rpms, it sounded a little raspy. Do you guys think a h pipe would sound the same?
It's me, I have GT mufflers with x-pipe.
Yes it's kinda raspy at high rpms, and I got the same question!
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
seems to be a trait of our motor. sounds nice and deep below 3k, then just screams above that. I like it personally. the H pipe will have less rasp, but its still going to be there. your going to loose that smooth deep tone down low with the h pipe. they are a little rougher sounding.

scooter550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang in Comp Orange
I know this sounds like a stupid question-
Does anyone know how I could verify an exhaust system is from a V8 without actually seeing it in person?
Muffler number or some other indicator?
I am interested in doing the GT exhaust swap and saw this ad-
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/5581188911.html
The guy says he's not sure if it came from a V6 or V8.
Thanks in advance-

Zefmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6
Does anyone know how I could verify an exhaust system is from a V8 without actually seeing it in person?
Thanks in advance-
From what I know the tips are different so look at those

SBLee29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang V6 w/051a
I'm no expert, but it looks like the GT takeoffs that I put on my car [MENTION=18832]scooter550[/MENTION]

Sponsored

mark.k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Mustang V6
GT and V6 Cat Back exhaust compatibility question?

Hi Everyone,

This has been great news to find out that a stock Mustang Cat Back GT exhaust bolts right up in front of the V6 resonator location and no further modifications are necessary !!

Could I take a leap from there and assume that any aftermarket Cat Back GT exhaust should also be able to bolt right up as well?? Or am I missing something?

This would greatly increase the Cat Back Exhaust choices for the V6 Mustangs out there since there are way more aftermarket GT choices.

Has someone tried any sort of aftermarket GT Cat Back exhaust on their V6 with any success?

Thanks for your advise. :)

Mark K

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Hi Everyone,

This has been great news to find out that a stock Mustang Cat Back GT exhaust bolts right up in front of the V6 resonator location and no further modifications are necessary !!

Could I take a leap from there and assume that any aftermarket Cat Back GT exhaust should also be able to bolt right up as well?? Or am I missing something?

This would greatly increase the Cat Back Exhaust choices for the V6 Mustangs out there since there are way more aftermarket GT choices.

Has someone tried any sort of aftermarket GT Cat Back exhaust on their V6 with any success?

Thanks for your advise. :)

Mark K
Yes for the fast Backs, with the GT aftermarket usually their running 3" . That maybe tight with the vert rear support. 3" maybe a little big for the 3.7

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Thanks in advance-
Looks like GT tips but to be sure check the piping, stock GT is 2.5 after the resonator. V6 is 2.25

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34924&page=10

OP
OP
soldier989

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Thanks in advance-
Aside from the tips looking like the GTs, the GT exhaust also has a metal block like thing on the pipe that bolts up to the flex pipe. My V6 exhaust didn't have this. I can barely see the block I'm referring to in the 2nd pic. I'd say that looks like a GT exhaust.

MadMB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang v6
Hey guys just finished installing the GT exhaust and first impressions are pretty good! Audible increase in low rpm rumble and sounds great through out the rpm range. Easy installation and you can't go wrong with the GT exhaust paired with Roush CAI! Thanks to [MENTION=17867]Glacierbrew907[/MENTION] for the take off system.

Sponsored
OP
OP
soldier989

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Glad you like it MadMB!

Lol, so I just thought.... I wonder what the V6 exhaust sounds like on a GT. Of course the 2.25" pipes would restrict the exhaust even further than the 2.5", so that wouldn't be good. Just wonder what it would sound like.

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
Sorry, for my questions. I just got my v6 and i haven't even looked under it yet(4 days old). I stumbled across this post and I can get a full cat back off a GT for 100$ off craigslist. Just to make this clear. I jack the car up unbolt and pull off the exhaust at the cat. Remove it, put GT pipes back on. It's all under the axial in the back? so 2 guys and some jack stands could do this in 5 min once the cars up in the air? or a muffler shop would probably just charge an hour labor to slap it on?

Edit:
i found this pic of the underside of a GT shows where you disconnect it right behind the cats:
http://mustangforums.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/IMG_1024.jpg

scooter550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang in Comp Orange
mu5tang2016 - I found someone that is going to give me a GT exhaust.
I called a exhaust shop and was quoted an hour to do it- $80.
For me it will be well worth the money.
Good Luck !!!!

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Sorry, for my questions. I just got my v6 and i haven't even looked under it yet(4 days old). I stumbled across this post and I can get a full cat back off a GT for 100$ off craigslist. Just to make this clear. I jack the car up unbolt and pull off the exhaust at the cat. Remove it, put GT pipes back on. It's all under the axial in the back? so 2 guys and some jack stands could do this in 5 min once the cars up in the air? or a muffler shop would probably just charge an hour labor to slap it on?

Edit:
i found this pic of the underside of a GT shows where you disconnect it right behind the cats:
http://mustangforums.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/IMG_1024.jpg

Yes it's easy to swap out the entire system with two guys. Just remember to remove the two hangers just above the axle, it'll make the job easier.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
it shouldn't take a shop more than 45 min imo

charge was 75 and hour with one person if another helped with would be 75 for him so $150 if two helped and it took an hour

it was two guys working on my catback they took 20 minutes and 10 to tighten it and check the tips to see if they were aligned right and I got charged $75
Sponsored