Bolt-on, slammed S197

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Anyone else have a problem getting all the bolts on? I cant get the forward most bolt on the rear of the passenger side to thread in. All the others bolted down perfectly fine.

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
I installed the jacking rails on my convertible. I did not enlarge the holes. Instead, I trimmed part of the jacking rail so that the convertible bracing would fit directly on top of the jacking rail.

Cj4428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Recaros Magnetic, Ford PP3,Corsa catback
Anyone else have a problem getting all the bolts on? I cant get the forward most bolt on the rear of the passenger side to thread in. All the others bolted down perfectly fine.
Yes on same bolt hole,had to run a tap thru it for bolt go in.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
I installed the jacking rails on my convertible. I did not enlarge the holes. Instead, I trimmed part of the jacking rail so that the convertible bracing would fit directly on top of the jacking rail.
Can you describe more of how you made these fit the vert. Any pics by chance? Would a pic of the area in question show what you did?
I guess even if you had to cut the hole pretty wide in the rail, it is still snugly sandwiched between convertible brace and frame so mount should still be solid, right?

I really want to add jacking rails to my vert. I'd imagine the BMR rails would have no chance to fit as they cannot go 'under' the rail as they are a different design.

Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will post pics as soon as I can. The best I can explain w/o pics is I trimmed off the side gusset on the rear of the jacking rail. That just left a flat piece of metal with 2 holes, which made it possible to for the vert bracing to fit on top of the jack rail.

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[/URL][/IMG]

The top rail is after , bottom is before.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
[/URL][/IMG]

The top rail is after , bottom is before.
Thanks for the pic. Any perceived downside from cutting away the side of the mounting flange on the back? Seem like any risk of the rail twisting in the back from any adverse jacking conditions with the side cut off for the vert?

Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't perceive any complications from trimming this piece off. The vert brace fits directly on top which will add more strength.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
hey guys i can not get any of my floor jacks under my jacking rails and my car isn't slammed, i am on OEM ride height for my wheels and tires but i can not get under the car with my low profile craftsman alum jack or my arcan jack. i can easily get under the rocker pinch welds but not under the jack rail. does anyone else have this issue? i think for my sake they are now useless and i may remove and return them. also i think the rails should be much longer in design to grab points closer to the wheels.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
hey guys i can not get any of my floor jacks under my jacking rails and my car isn't slammed, i am on OEM ride height for my wheels and tires but i can not get under the car with my low profile craftsman alum jack or my arcan jack. i can easily get under the rocker pinch welds but not under the jack rail. does anyone else have this issue? i think for my sake they are now useless and i may remove and return them. also i think the rails should be much longer in design to grab points closer to the wheels.
Can you measure your current ride height? Also we didn't extend the rails to accommodate the use of our subframe support braces.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Can you measure your current ride height? Also we didn't extend the rails to accommodate the use of our subframe support braces.
from the floor to the edge of each fender im about 27.25 inches dead center all around.
Sponsored