Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
from the floor to the edge of each fender im about 27.25 inches dead center all around.
Our engineers would like you to measure from the center of the hub to the wheel opening. This is more accurate to avoid any inconsistencies with the floor surface.
Sponsored

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Our engineers would like you to measure from the center of the hub to the wheel opening. This is more accurate to avoid any inconsistencies with the floor surface.
David i measure 14.5-14.75 inches from the middle of center cap to the edge of the fender all around dead center. the rails seem to be useless for me since i can not get any of my jacks under the car. I even had a hard time getting on a 4 post alignment rack the other day because of the rails. I already called the dealer i bought them from to see if i can return them i think they will contact you guys.

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
On my car with the 20" Foundry wheels and Steeda Progressive springs I am measuring 14" from center of the hub to the wheel opening front and back.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
just took this photo and it drives me crazy that i cant even jack my car up at all now even from the original pinch weld area. FYI i have used the same jacks to lift my old C6 Vette, 997 Porsche and my neighbors F430 Ferrari. this is ridiculous with just a 1 inch drop on the Mustang. I really want to send them back for a refund.
IMG-20151208-03117.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
just took this photo and it drives me crazy that i cant even jack my car up at all now even from the original pinch weld area. FYI i have used the same jacks to lift my old C6 Vette, 997 Porsche and my neighbors F430 Ferrari. this is ridiculous with just a 1 inch drop on the Mustang. I really want to send them back for a refund.
We just tried them on our car with the Ultralight linears and were able to get our low profile jack under there. What size tires are you running front to rear? We're puzzled by this as we got the same measurements as [MENTION=18696]Jonas-RR-GT[/MENTION].

In the spirit of cooperation feel free to return them, you can coordinate with your dealer where you made the purchase if it's easier.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
We just tried them on our car with the Ultralight linears and were able to get our low profile jack under there. What size tires are you running front to rear? We're puzzled by this as we got the same measurements as @Jonas-RR-GT.

In the spirit of cooperation feel free to return them, you can coordinate with your dealer where you made the purchase if it's easier.
David i am on OEM PP pack tire sizes now as i just installed my 19 winter wheel and tire package which has about 1/4 taller thread than the P zeros. this is really odd but renders the rails useless for me as is.

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)
I have the same jack. I don't think these jacks are low profile. I will measure the height of the jack tomorrow when there is some daylight.

Sithel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the same jack. I don't think these jacks are low profile. I will measure the height of the jack tomorrow when there is some daylight.
I would have to agree, I have a craftsman low profile jack and it looks nothing like the pic above. I'm not lowered yet and my jack slides under the Steeda rails with at least 2" to spare.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
they made 3 versions of this jack and this is the lowest profile i think the saddle is 3 inches or 3.2 i need to verify. i was able to use this jack with my others on ever sports and race car i have owned.

Sponsored

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
My car is lowered on the Steeda progressive springs, and still has the factory 19" 50th anniversary appearance pack tires. I have zero clearance issues using my Harbor Freight low profile jack.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My car is lowered on the Steeda progressive springs, and still has the factory 19" 50th anniversary appearance pack tires. I have zero clearance issues using my Harbor Freight low profile jack.
I have the Harbor Freight race Jack (low profile), lowered on Steeda progressives running 20's (285/35 and 305/35) and have zero clearance issues with the jacking rails.

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)
Took a quick photo of the jack at its lowest. I am thinking of buying some Race Ramps Track Jax instead of buying a new jack.

Looks like it's about 4" high.
image.jpg

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
In the middle between the two tires, exactly how much lower is the rail than the pinch rail?

On my V6 convertible w/ GY Eagle 235/50/18 I have ≈
5 5/8" from pinch rail to garage floor. My Harbor Frt 1.5 ton jack's pad is just under 3 3/8" high.

Using 2 or 4 wedge cut 2x4's would seem like the quick fix to clearance issues some are having. It is a pisser to have to sue that step, of course, but might work OK.

As a convertible owner I would have to modify the rear flange. If I'm going to have to cut a jacking rail to fit with the vert's rear brace, I'd sure like to be able to modify (if possible) the longer BMR rail. I'll go find the BMR thread to see if anyone has modded the BMR rail for their vert (to fit on top of brace).
Sponsored