Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Billet Rear Shock Mounts Are Finally Here!

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
On the box, 555 8160 for fixed pro actions. This was order was during the backorder too might have rushed and mixed the nuts or labeling.
Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Overall install was straightforward, EXCEPT for not knowing I needed a special stock socket to tighten the new bolt at the top of the shock. Apparently it is not a common tool. I probably spent more time running around than actually finishing the job. I ended up using needle nose vice grips and closed wrench to get it tight. That worked.
What stock socket are you talking about? I didn't see anything that required special tools

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What stock socket are you talking about? I didn't see anything that required special tools
It's much easier with a strut nut socket or with an offset wrench. In this size, it's not common for most people to have.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
This is only when installing with factory shocks right? Steeda shocks use the Allen key.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This is only when installing with factory shocks right? Steeda shocks use the Allen key.
You still realistically need an offset wrench to do it properly, even with the allen key. It can be done differently, though.

Sponsored

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Well I'm impressed. After I sent everything back,they sent me two shocks and mounts completely assembled. :)

I Hope the bump stops are trimmed. :)

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack

As you can see I have a bit of a combination of parts going on here, but I'm really happy with the ride quality now. The rear end bounce is completely gone! I don't believe I've ever had a car that handles so well, yet is so composed on rough streets.
Lol, looks like mine (although not 100% installed yet). I spread the love (money) around to various shops. I'm content, hope they are too. Steeda pro-actions, BMR rear springs, Ford GT350R fronts, etc.

Has my Niece would say, sharing is caring ;)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
For those on the fence, still time to save during our Labor Day Sale!
Banner - Full - Mustang 2.jpg

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
In the picture above the screws protruding from the body are removed. Is it necessary to remove those to stop low speed rubbing that I am expirencing after installing my shock mounts with non adjustable pro actions?
I'm guessing the noises I am hearing is the mounts hitting those body screws. It's not mentioned to remove them in the included instructions.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If installed properly, the shock mount doesn't move (except the bearing inside of it). I don't think you're hearing the shock mount rub against those little screws.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
In the picture above the screws protruding from the body are removed. Is it necessary to remove those to stop low speed rubbing that I am expirencing after installing my shock mounts with non adjustable pro actions?
I'm guessing the noises I am hearing is the mounts hitting those body screws. It's not mentioned to remove them in the included instructions.
Those locating pins work the same with the Steeda mounts. Compress the shock until the mount is below the pins. The slowly pull it back up against the pins. This helps you align it to find the bolt holes.

It might be easier to install the top first and then install the bottom to the control arm.

If you hear noise while driving, see my other thread about rattling noise, which means the top nut was not tightened enough.

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Wow You've got a lot of other threads.

That is what I was thinking that they weren't tight. I have a strut socket and went back the second time to make sure they were tight. They were on the car though and didn't have room to put my torque wrench on. Just a normal 1/2 inch ratchet and Allen wrench.
When I put my snow tires on I'll take them off and torque that nut as specified in the directions.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Clunking/rattling is entirely when the mount nut isn't tight enough OR you got a part of a small batch with improperly machined snap ring grooves. If you've verified the nut is tight (try tighter than 22 ft lbs), and you still have noise, contact [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] and they'll take care of you.

I have had noise before but it was always when the nut needed tightening.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda billet rear shock nut sizes

Specs
IMG_0176.JPG
Sponsored