Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Billet Rear Shock Mounts Are Finally Here!

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Just installed these over the weekend. I have to say that the hype for them is totally justified! I could not believe that such a small part could make a big difference but it almost feels like I got new shocks in the rear. The rear end feels much more planted now and far less bouncy.

Great Job Steeda!

Thank you, that seems to be the common reaction from customers installing our Patent Pending Billet Shock Mounts!
Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Spiller, sorry for the delay - are you all set? If not, give Rod a call at 1800 950 0774 & he can help with your install questions.

Best Regards,

TJ

[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] I believe I am? I've installed the gold spacer on top of the OEM spacer and will attempt to fit the shocks tomorrow. I don't anticipate running into any issues but won't hesitate to call Rod if there are. Cheers

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] I believe I am? I've installed the gold spacer on top of the OEM spacer and will attempt to fit the shocks tomorrow. I don't anticipate running into any issues but won't hesitate to call Rod if there are. Cheers
Sounds good - would love to hear your feedback when all is said & done!

TJ

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I am curious of what the symptoms of a broke mount are? Are they always visible or could there be issues with them that you couldn't see by visually inspecting them? I have a loud thump coming from the rear (RH) that amplifies through the trunk when driving at higher speeds and hitting bumps. It's been driving me crazy. I've had it for awhile now (after installing coilovers). Just got around to trying to find it. I pulled the rear strut off yesterday to make sure it wasn't blown. It has good rebound/resistance so I don't think it's blown. I retorqued all the bolts on the subframe. The only other thing I was thinking it could be would be the adjustable spring isolator as it's not extremely too tight when sitting on the grown between the perch and body and figured bumps was giving it enough slack to slap against the body were the spring sits around.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Hey TJ, I am about to put Steeda adjustable shocks/struts, and billet mounts, etc. on my car. How about donating one of your 'Steeda' windshield banners for me to put on my lower rear windscreen?? You said it would look badass on my car! :hail:

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Waiting for a delivery from the FedEx truck with my rear billet mounts and bump stops sometime today.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious of what the symptoms of a broke mount are? Are they always visible or could there be issues with them that you couldn't see by visually inspecting them? I have a loud thump coming from the rear (RH) that amplifies through the trunk when driving at higher speeds and hitting bumps. It's been driving me crazy. I've had it for awhile now (after installing coilovers). Just got around to trying to find it. I pulled the rear strut off yesterday to make sure it wasn't blown. It has good rebound/resistance so I don't think it's blown. I retorqued all the bolts on the subframe. The only other thing I was thinking it could be would be the adjustable spring isolator as it's not extremely too tight when sitting on the grown between the perch and body and figured bumps was giving it enough slack to slap against the body were the spring sits around.
A broken one would have some significant clunking, particularly when the rear is unloaded and then loaded again.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
A broken one would have some significant clunking, particularly when the rear is unloaded and then loaded again.
My question was more towards, does a broken mount necessarily mean you would be able to visibly tell? I pulled mine off yesterday but it didn't "look" broken, or feel loose/rattle or anything. Just trying to eliminate parts.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
You would visibly be able to tell, yes.
Thanks. I just don't feel like pulling it back off, AGAIN.. heh. :cheers:

Gonna tighten the rear isolators this even and see if it goes away. I have a feeling that's the issue. I still want to get a set of these!

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Sounds good - would love to hear your feedback when all is said & done!

TJ

As you can see I have a bit of a combination of parts going on here, but I'm really happy with the ride quality now. The rear end bounce is completely gone! I don't believe I've ever had a car that handles so well, yet is so composed on rough streets.

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
@tj@steeda I believe I am? I've installed the gold spacer on top of the OEM spacer and will attempt to fit the shocks tomorrow. I don't anticipate running into any issues but won't hesitate to call Rod if there are. Cheers
Hold on, I thought you're supposed to remove the OEM spacer at the top of the shaft and replace with the gold Steeda ONE?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Hold on, I thought you're supposed to remove the OEM spacer at the top of the shaft and replace with the gold Steeda ONE?
I was not sure, so I attempted to remove the OEM spacer with a pair of vice grips. There is no way it was budging. I went ahead and slipped the gold spacer over the top and the mounts installed just fine. I reached out to a few others who have DIY'd also and they did the same. Maybe Steeda can confirm?

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I was not sure, so I attempted to remove the OEM spacer with a pair of vice grips. There is no way it was budging. I went ahead and slipped the gold spacer over the top and the mounts installed just fine. I reached out to a few others who have DIY'd also and they did the same. Maybe Steeda can confirm?
Mine are installed that way too but when I install lowering springs I was going to remove the OEM spacer because there really is very little thread with both spacers. I had to re-torque the top nut numerous times after initial install since I didn't know/hear about removing the OEM spacer..

Enoch on the UK section has a nice vid where he removes the OEM spacer. He used a puller on one and the other in a vice.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Mine are installed that way too but when I install lowering springs I was going to remove the OEM spacer because there really is very little thread with both spacers. I had to re-torque the top nut numerous times after initial install since I didn't know/hear about removing the OEM spacer..

Enoch on the UK section has a nice vid where he removes the OEM spacer. He used a puller on one and the other in a vice.
Yeah, I had difficulty getting the top nut torqued but it is threaded on fine. I snugged it up with a ring spanner and applied blue loctite. Since it only calls for 22 ft/lbs I'm not worried about it loosening. I figure it will make a bunch of noise if it does. I saw the video you are referring to but he didn't show the procedure to removing the OEM spacer. I would be concerned about scoring the shock shaft if using a puller. Still, I'm keeping an open mind on the subject. Perhaps [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] can chime in?
Sponsored