Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It’s real simple guys
On the gen 2 engine with the same parts
Gt350 manifold
87mm TB
Gt350 cold air
With frpp calibration it makes 478hp SAE. Okay so ya mean to tell me with all the improvements to the gen 3 engine it got only another 2hp lol
You bet your ass it’s making 500hp stock on the engine dynos at ford.
What does that have to do with this?
Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Does the tune get rid of the long throttle delay from a stop? I'm not talking increased throttle response, but the long pause from the time I give it full throttle at a dead stop until the "signal" actually kicks in.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Don't delay that I've detected.

Soco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
19 DHG Bullitt, 15 F-150 3.5l EB
Had the car on VMP's dyno today at Carlisle, 439 rwhp and 391 lb-ft not terrible for an otherwise stock car, nice comparison for when the twins go on

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
With Steeda Tune
Were you the guy w/ the Steeda H-pipe and 350R wing?

Those numbers are not much over what Steeda posted stock and lower than the advertised tune numbers. Was VMP using a Mustang dyno?(No, looked them up, they use a DynoJet.)

Last edited:

Soco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Were you the guy w/ the Steeda H-pipe and 350R wing?

Those numbers are not much over what Steeda posted stock and lower than the advertised tune numbers. Was VMP using a Mustang dyno?(No, looked them up, they use a DynoJet.)
Yeah, DynoJet from the printout

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yeah, DynoJet from the printout
I was the guy that asked what mid-pipe you were running. Car sounded great.

I wonder if their dyno is aggressive, or maybe heat soak from the drive there? I honestly expected higher numbers from a tuned car. Both times we've seen that were tuned by Steeda's tuner they made 457/400 in Steeda's video and 458/400 in ImGoneIn60's video. And GoneIn 60 baselined right were you peaked w/ the tune. Your car made closer to their base numbers but with about 8-9tq more. Which could be your H-Pipe.

Wish we had a non-tune to compare with from VMP. Did you see any other Bullitts dyno?

Sponsored

Soco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I was the guy that asked what mid-pipe you were running. Car sounded great.

I wonder if their dyno is aggressive, or maybe heat soak from the drive there? I honestly expected higher numbers from a tuned car. Both times we've seen that were tuned by Steeda's tuner they made 457/400 in Steeda's video and 458/400 in ImGoneIn60's video. And GoneIn 60 baselined right were you peaked w/ the tune. Your car made closer to their base numbers but with about 8-9tq more. Which could be your H-Pipe.

Wish we had a non-tune to compare with from VMP. Did you see any other Bullitts dyno?
I can't imagine running cars back to back to back to back to back is gonna be good for it, im sure the tune could be tweaked for better numbers though, about what i was expecting honestly

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I can't imagine running cars back to back to back to back to back is gonna be good for it, im sure the tune could be tweaked for better numbers though, about what i was expecting honestly
Yeah, the fact I heard the tech say it was higher than expected also leads me to believe that Dyno may be a heartbreaker.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
This reminds me of the '09 Bullitt I owned. 315 vs 300 for the stock GT. I owned a '05 and an '07 which both had a tune and both made more power than the Bullitt did stock. I put a tune on from Brenspeed who was the only shop I knew that sold a canned Bullitt tune back then. The results disappointed me and I was sure that the car was slower than the 05 and 07s I owned.

So, I took it to the place that matters and did several runs at the dragstrip. All day. The car ran a best of 13.60 at 104. Basically what people were getting on a stock car.

However since today's Bullitt is so much faster, overall HP numbers were not what I was looking for. I was looking for especially torque over the stock curve from 2K to 4K. I believe Steeda delivered on that. If I am looking for that extra HP/TQ, I would take the car to a noted speed shop and have a custom tune done.

Personally, I am not in to any powertrain mods including exhaust. If I want to go fast, I will use a blower. Not there, though.

The numbers are about what I would have expected.

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Thanks for posting your numbers Soco. I suppose the ideal way to get a better look at the improvements of the Steeda tune would be to bring your car in stock to a dyno shop, run the car without the Steeda tune, then *on the same day (same temp, ambient conditions etc) * install the Steeda tune then run the car on the same dyno. Anything else starts creeping into apples to oranges comparisons. Question though: My understanding is that the Steeda tune requires you to buy the SCT handheld device then email your car's code at which point Steeda will email you the updated tuner file. However, this process takes days making a same-day comparison impossible? Anyone have any thoughts for doing this more scientifically?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting your numbers Soco. I suppose the ideal way to get a better look at the improvements of the Steeda tune would be to bring your car in stock to a dyno shop, run the car without the Steeda tune, then *on the same day (same temp, ambient conditions etc) * install the Steeda tune then run the car on the same dyno. Anything else starts creeping into apples to oranges comparisons. Question though: My understanding is that the Steeda tune requires you to buy the SCT handheld device then email your car's code at which point Steeda will email you the updated tuner file. However, this process takes days making a same-day comparison impossible? Anyone have any thoughts for doing this more scientifically?
A same day comparison would be easy. Just run the steeda tune, put the stock tune back on and run it again. That was my plan and might do this if I get a chance.
Sponsored