Steeda's Bullitt Mustang Dyno Test & Tune

brado_w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2017 GTI
Sorry to bring a dead post back to life but wanted to vent about the fact they won’t ship to CA... Look I understand it doesn’t meet this communist state’s emission standards but that should have zero affect on being able to ship it here because guess what, we don’t have emission regulations at the track (well some places have sound but that’s a different story) you even put it in your description it’s intended for track use only so just follow that logic, grow a pair, and ship it to California
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Try Lethal Performance. They have an e doc form you sign. I had to do that with my catch cans and I'm in TX.

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Hey I know this post is old but would you guys say the tune is worth putting on my stock bullitt? Also, I’ve heard others say it can reduce the amounts of crackles and pops in the exhaust, is this true? as I would not want this.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Hey I know this post is old but would you guys say the tune is worth putting on my stock bullitt? Also, I’ve heard others say it can reduce the amounts of crackles and pops in the exhaust, is this true? as I would not want this.
yeah because the stock tune is extremely conservative, and also as far as the exhaust crackles go, that’s been a tune thing for some time. They basically overlap the exhaust cam off throttle and make a lot of crackles noises. The focus RS started it and then it started showing up in the fiesta and focus st’s. Kinda like how the ghost cams started from the track key

now I’m not a tuner so i can’t comment on weather or not, Ford tuned the crackles or it being the by product of the special mufflers they used on the bullitt , and i heard that Ford added a updated track key idle to the bullitt to get a nicer lope at idle

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
There is a burble table in the stock tune that can be altered by an aftermarket tune but too much and it'll mess your cats up eventually it seems.

The "burble" term is misleading to me though - it's more "backfire", which I personally hate.

Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
There is a burble table in the stock tune that can be altered by an aftermarket tune but too much and it'll mess your cats up eventually it seems.

The "burble" term is misleading to me though - it's more "backfire", which I personally hate.
pretty much what it is

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I have to admit I don't notice much pop, crackle, or backfire on my car. It's rather subtle and occasionally. I don't mind it at all since I came from a BMW that did way too much of it.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
There's definitely a way to increase the crackle, so I assume there's a way to decrease it.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My Bullitt doesn’t have the crackle with the Lund 93 tune, nor did I detect any at all yesterday when I switched to the Flex tune for the first time. I know it’s not apples to apples considering I have LT’s on my Bullitt and yours doesn’t Anthony, but I am running cats too. I’m guessing that the tune eliminated all of that, which is great because I didn’t like it either.

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
you would need to ask a tuner who’s been into the bullitt ecu and ask if it’s a thing or not lol

it’s all here say
this can all be adjusted in the tune. James has asked me when he wanted to tune my car if i wanted to get rid of the crackle, or burble as I call it. i have not had the car tuned at all, and switch to sport just so i can hear it. but YES it can be done in a tune.

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
this can all be adjusted in the tune. James has asked me when he wanted to tune my car if i wanted to get rid of the crackle, or burble as I call it. i have not had the car tuned at all, and switch to sport just so i can hear it. but YES it can be done in a tune.
Sounds good thanks

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Before going with Lund I tried hard to tune with James, but because I use the Ngauge he was not able to encrypt it and he refused me. He kinda strung me along for a couple of weeks before officially telling me no. Do you know if this is still his stance on tuning with the Ngauge?

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Before going with Lund I tried hard to tune with James, but because I use the Ngauge he was not able to encrypt it and he refused me. He kinda strung me along for a couple of weeks before officially telling me no. Do you know if this is still his stance on tuning with the Ngauge?
Lund and James are like batman and the joker, not that they are either or, but that they don't play well with each other. I am fortunate enough to know and trust James with a $50k+ car. i just don't want to do anything to this car. My car was going to be James test car for E85. I have already deflowered a numbered car of mine......lol.
these 2 guys are vying for the top spot of mustang (ford) tuning in the states
Sponsored