Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Dual Rate HPDE Suspension Pack (15-19 All)

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Just finished the advanced group! 7 seconds faster than the next fastest Mustang. It took a purpose Built 944 Porsche turbo race car to barley beat our lap times. Steeda was the second fastest in the group lapping the entire field once in a 20 minute session!
5FB2E8DB-5B6F-4B0D-A707-C473A3D28232.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
We had a blast at Sebring International Raceway this past weekend! In the last two sessions, our 2018 HPDE GT was the fastest car overall in the advanced group!

Our HPDE car is equipped with the Steeda Adjustable Pro-Action Dampers and have yet to be beaten by a Monotube system or coil-over setup! Monotube system and coil over systems are great too! It's just all in the vehicle set up that wins!

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-2018-q500-hpde-car
2020_06_0513_32_397014.JPG
2020_06_0513_32_317006.JPG

2020_06_0510_35_220143.JPG
View attachment 476600 View attachment 476601 View attachment 476602

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Danapple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
So you "won HPDE". Are you guys going to share any actual lap times or are we just going to have to take your word that the car is actually fast? Because I've been to plenty of HPDE events where some of the "fastest cars" are barley touching spec miata times. As for a proper coilover system "having yet to beat your shocks" like I said. Whats the actual lap times your car is putting down. Im sure I could find just about any mustang on JRI/ohlins/penske/mcs to have run faster times

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
So you "won HPDE". Are you guys going to share any actual lap times or are we just going to have to take your word that the car is actually fast? Because I've been to plenty of HPDE events where some of the "fastest cars" are barley touching spec miata times. As for a proper coilover system "having yet to beat your shocks" like I said. Whats the actual lap times your car is putting down. Im sure I could find just about any mustang on JRI/ohlins/penske/mcs to have run faster times
I'm referring to street prepared Mustangs that are not full blown race cars. We run Steeda/MCS on our 20 car.
Yes, our HPDE Mustang is much faster than the Spec Miata times at Sebring.

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Dan,

Feel free to visit our Facebook Group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/RacingAndHandlingMustangs where we have lap times & feedback from the drivers :)

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Danapple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hello Dan,

Feel free to visit our Facebook Group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/RacingAndHandlingMustangs where we have lap times & feedback from the drivers :)

TJ
I looked up the time. Looks like "I'm assuming your red car?" Ran a PB of 1:15.911. Which based on the layout of the track "im assuming Johnson club track based on the north description" i unfortunately don't have any times there to compare to as im on the west coast. So I looked up some recent STU times there which were about a second faster than whatever car you posted times from "1:14.8" from an E36bmw. Being that sebring is a track that very much rewards HP above all else thats a bit underwhelming then. Idk what the BMW had for tires but I know NT01 aren't much slower than continentals imsa compounds brand new, so I would expect a higher HP car to beat out an STU car around this kind of track. For refference I've watched a bone stock 2018 mustang on 285 RE71s nearly match the time of a supermaita on a track that also rewards high HP cars where those same 2 cars on streets of willow are nearly 3 seconds apart when power is out of the equation.

Danapple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'm referring to street prepared Mustangs that are not full blown race cars. We run Steeda/MCS on our 20 car.
Yes, our HPDE Mustang is much faster than the Spec Miata times at Sebring.

Steeda Tech
Thats kind of ironic that your flagship car doesn't use your shocks. Regardless 1.putting proper shocks on the car doesnt automatically make it a "full blown racecar" there are plenty of cars running in a street/modified level using proper shocks and tires with a full untouched interior.
2. That comment was in regard to the statement that "your shocks have yet to be beaten by a coilover setup" which is simply not true especially so if you're telling me that you use mcs and not your dampers for your #20 car

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats kind of ironic that your flagship car doesn't use your shocks.
If Steeda specified a deviation from whatever "default" is for MCS shocks, does that prohibit them from putting their name on them? If you're gonna parse everything then the pro-Active/pro-Actions aren't their own either since they are built by a contract manufacturer that also makes the Koni suspenders and the Steeda units are derived (in broad strokes) from that upstream baseline. I couldn't say how different they are from Koni but even if it's just a couple shims, is it wrong to put the Steeda name on them?

Shoot if I wanted to buy a few dozen shocks and replace the pistons (with say Bilstein or Penske) and overhaul the shim stack to what I think is "correct" would you begrudge me calling them "Matt's shocks" even if all the major parts were straight out of the Koni parts bin?

Car #20 keeps winning stuff and by a healthy margin. That their HPDE car also keeps placing well (putting my marketing hat on) it's perfectly true that it haven't been bested by a similar-class car running coil-overs. Now maybe the pool is shallow in the SE and the #20 car would have it's ass handed to it if campaigned at Willow, Fontana, Road America or CoA by better drivers and/or better-equipped cars. But we don't know that. Furthermore other drivers have logged successes too so something in the recipe works.

Danapple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'll leave the list of steeda parts tried and broken by serious racecars in this region off the post.. what even is your pool of competition with these cars anyway. Most of the "class wins" I've seen are borderline participation trophies based on the number of competitors. As for the divorced spring being better. It works fine on a factory car and for your average Joe going to s trackday sure. But it is objectively not a better design from an engineering standpoint. There is a reason that Ford themselves ditched it for the FP350, multimatic ditched it for the GT4, and every competitive ST1 ST2 ST3 mustang have as well. The FP racing schools 25 hour of thill car that won the class i believe. Also ditched the factory divorced spring and was on i believe ohlins dampers from cortex

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
As for the divorced spring being better. It works fine on a factory car and for your average Joe going to s trackday sure. But it is objectively not a better design from an engineering standpoint.
The point if worded poorly was that a non-coilover car keeps winning/beating coil-over cars when that shouldn't be possible. (we'll assume Steeda doesn't have a big driver advantage - old, track knowledge, general treachery :) heh)

The primary reason folks run coil-overs is they are EASY to revalve and often run much bigger shock bodies with corresponding pistons. And a hell of a lot easier to get on/off the car and to swap springs and change preload levels. The pro-Actions are crude and cheap technology - about $1200 for a set (with all necessary parts) vs $2500 (more like 6 grand) easy for the same in coilovers.

GT0038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT/sold :(
I looked up the time. Looks like "I'm assuming your red car?" Ran a PB of 1:15.911. Which based on the layout of the track "im assuming Johnson club track based on the north description" i unfortunately don't have any times there to compare to as im on the west coast. So I looked up some recent STU times there which were about a second faster than whatever car you posted times from "1:14.8" from an E36bmw. Being that sebring is a track that very much rewards HP above all else thats a bit underwhelming then. Idk what the BMW had for tires but I know NT01 aren't much slower than continentals imsa compounds brand new, so I would expect a higher HP car to beat out an STU car around this kind of track. For refference I've watched a bone stock 2018 mustang on 285 RE71s nearly match the time of a supermaita on a track that also rewards high HP cars where those same 2 cars on streets of willow are nearly 3 seconds apart when power is out of the equation.
Well if I could get my street car that I drive to the track and not trailer like a race car to within a second of a race car then I'd be pretty happy with that result! Especially since I probably would achieve that with half the investment of fancy million dollar Penske/MCS/OHLIN shocks and struts, race tires, labor in stripping for weight savings, and a roll cage investment! I've driven the Sebring club course back in the day and I can tell you it does not reward HP nearly as much as you think. It actually is a very rough and bumpy surface so the fact that a 3500lb+ Mustang that drove there can hang with a race car is pretty cool in my book.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Great video of Sebring on course.

Sponsored