car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
We just had 3 days of rain in Perth. Damn but these cars are tail happy. Going round a circle very slowly the back just broke away. Must have been a fair bit of oil there but....
So if anyone has fitted the Steeda rear suspension mods (or anything else) I would love to hear how good or bad you think they are. I want to improve the wheel hop and hopefully wet weather traction as well. I'm not a burn out hoon but I like the odd bit of clean acceleration without hop. Cost is a factor as well.
Sponsored

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
We just had 3 days of rain in Perth. Damn but these cars are tail happy. Going round a circle very slowly the back just broke away. Must have been a fair bit of oil there but....
So if anyone has fitted the Steeda rear suspension mods (or anything else) I would love to hear how good or bad you think they are. I want to improve the wheel hop and hopefully wet weather traction as well. I'm not a burn out hoon but I like the odd bit of clean acceleration without hop. Cost is a factor as well.
Funny you mentioned tail happy - had my first tail today exiting a roundabout. I've always thought - gee this car handles alright lol. I must have given it abit more oomph than usual.

I have Steeda progressives - definite improvement over stock. Feels firmer but plush.. it that makes sense. Also the nose does not lift and dive as much anymore and if there is a slight lift its not sudden. Car feels more planted and confident. Even the missus said "Oooo that's feels better" ;)

The PROBLEM now is... I will need new wheels :D to get more offset as the gap to body is more pronounced now that the car is lower. :frusty:

I'm also wondering if bigger sway bars will make any further improvement... but I think I better stop... for now..

Reactions: car

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Depends how far you want to go with it. BMRs CB005 is an elegant, cost effective solution to wheel hop. Solves about 80-90% straight off the bat.
I'd suggest that as an absolute minimum.
The next MAJOR players are the LCA bearing (Steeda is much cheaper) and the Ford Racing toe knuckle bearing. At that point, 99% of users will be STOKED with the results. You can keep going of course but at that point you've covered off all of the major players. All other money spent will see law of diminishing returns.
Hope that helps you.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Depends how far you want to go with it. BMRs CB005 is an elegant, cost effective solution to wheel hop. Solves about 80-90% straight off the bat.
The next MAJOR players are the LCA bearing (Steeda is much cheaper) and the Ford Racing toe knuckle bearing. At that point, 99% of users will be STOKED with the results. You can keep going of course but at that point you've covered off all of the major players. All other money spent will see law of diminishing returns.
Hope that helps you.
That looks like the right one - good price as well. Thx very much.:):cheers:

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
That looks like the right one - good price as well. Thx very much.:):cheers:
I went with a similar route to [MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] started off with BMR cb005 and also went with BMR vertical links. I have the steeda bushings but I haven't installed them. I couldn't recommend their parts more

Sponsored

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I want to improve the wheel hop and hopefully wet weather traction as well.
Wet weather traction will only be improved with better tyres and laying off the throttle.

Hope that helps you.
+1 on this recommendation. I've done the CB005, Steeda RLCA Bearing and the FR Toe Knuckle Bearing and it's improved the rear end immensely. The car feels like it launches harder/smoother, corners better and heaps more predictable/confidence inspiring if the rear end does slide out. I've never had the wheel hop issue but I'm sure if I did these mods would sort it out.
Keep an eye out on ebay for the CB005 from Jegs as it pops up on special frequently, got mine for $265aud including shipping.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I did the BMR cradle lock-out and J&M subframe bushings and am very pleased. More to be done such as Steeda rlca bearing and toe knuckle as well as Billet vertical link.

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EL II XR8, 2015 Mustang GT on the way!
I've also got the BMR lock out, combined with the Ford Racing track handling pack.

Sooooo much better responses from the rear end, no hope what so ever, its either all grip or all wheelspin.

The first afternoon I picked it up from Herrod's I gave it a bootfull in first with a quick change into second and absolutely pasted two big wide lines down the road haha.

But otherwise I've been super impressed with the suspension characteristics since. A pair of Michelin Pilot Super Sports are going on next though.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I bought the BMRs CB005 not from BMR from Ebay postage was over 200 from BMR crazy price. Ebay was same price postage 30.00!! Just got to get them fitted - anyone know someone in Perth?

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I bought the BMRs CB005 not from BMR from Ebay postage was over 200 from BMR crazy price. Ebay was same price postage 30.00!! Just got to get them fitted - anyone know someone in Perth?
Why don't you install them yourself and save $100 odd or so? I find it fun working on the car. Kinda like a giant mecano set :D

It's pretty straightforward. There are vids on youtube and the BMR instructions are pretty clear. If you don't have the equipment, you can get it for under $100 and will no doubt use it again :thumbsup:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I made a vid showing the ease of install.

It's not perfect, but it highlights how easy it is to DIY
Sponsored