Steeda Jacking Rails

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang (Oxford White, PP)
First, let me state that when I saw these initially I really couldn't see any benefit to having them. I mean, the car has jacking points from the factory, right? So why would you need a rail? Now, up until this point I had been fairly spoiled. The few times I needed to get my car in the air I had the aid of some friends with access to lifts. THE FIRST TIME I had to get it off the ground a substantial amount with a jack (to install steedas subframe rear subframe alignment kit and subframe support bushings) it became evident to me that I needed these. I needed to get the back of the car up about 16 inches (im a big guy) and didnt trust the angle the pinch welds were on the jack stands. It would have been so much easier to lift each side and have a range of locations to actually put the stands. God forbid you try and put a stand close to a jacking point, the jacks typically too big.

Knowing I am going to be spending enough time with suspension mods I ordered the rails. I got a call from steeda within a few minutes of placing the order, letting me know they were expecting a shipment of them within the next few days, and to expect a slight delay. The customer service from these guys is awesome.

Install only took about 25 minutes.

You'll want to have:
15mm ratchet and socket
a few 1-2" boards or planks
blue loctite

Get your car up on the wood to give you a little more access. I know the wood in the back looks sketchy. I rocked the car back in fourth several times before getting under it.

These are the bolts you are taking out
Drivers Side Front

Drivers Side Rear

Support the rail in place up front and start threading the provided bolts in (after throwing some loctite on them). Leave about an inch of movement from the rail to the chasis of the car. Move to the back, place the bolts in and tighten firmly. Go back to the front and tighten those as well. This is how it should look when you are done. The sloped section of the rail ends should be closer to the center of the car.

Front

Rear

Follow the same instructions for the passenger side and you are done.

I'd recommend picking up a few hockey pucks for your jack to not mar up the nice powder coating on the rails.

Also these things for your jack stands. Jack Stand Pads

And in the event you do get some scrapes, this stuff here will do nicely for touch ups.

Let me know if you guys have any questions. Thanks!
Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

dblizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GTPP
I was thinking the same thing as you, why put these on? I ordered awhile back and finally put them to use. Awesome! I finally got around to installing my exhaust and it made so easy. Jack up one side, put jack stands under. Jack up the other side, put jack stands under. Bam! Just like that my car was on jacks stands in a few minutes. I had to do this a couple times to adjust my exhaust and it made it so easy to get under my car. Love them! Thanks Steeda

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
This was the first real part I put on the car before anything else. Works great and takes a few minutes to raise the car onto all four jack stands. Also I would recommend using a " ice hockey puck " between the jack and rails, it won't scar the powdercoat.

Pao_Silverstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost performance package
Hi brother. Thank you for the install instructions. I just have a question. Do you have to remove the 2 bolts in the rear? I installed mine just removing 1 bolt and leaving the second bolt. Is this going to be a problem? Thank you.
image.jpg

Sponsored

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Love mine, except when I rake them on the concrete going in and out of the garage. :(

OP
OP
ThatsMrGimp2U

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
Hi brother. Thank you for the install instructions. I just have a question. Do you have to remove the 2 bolts in the rear? I installed mine just removing 1 bolt and leaving the second bolt. Is this going to be a problem? Thank you.
I'm going to look under my car in the am. I am willing to bet I didn't need to remove that one either. Weight reduction yo.

Ambrotos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Package

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
That was the first question I asked Steeda when I was researching these-- whether they interfered with their subframe braces which I already have. They said it would be no problem.

Iceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150,2016 PP GT
Does anybody know if the harbor freight Pittsburgh low profile steel jack works with these when the car is lowered?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ThatsMrGimp2U

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
Does anybody know if the harbor freight Pittsburgh low profile steel jack works with these when the car is lowered?
Sure does. Thats what I use. Just be aware that it does not roll very easily unless you are on a super smooth surface. You need to pull the jack towards you (if its not coming to you on its own) as you lower it or the car can slide off the rail.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
Mine are on the way... specifically because suspension and exhaust is arriving a few days after them.

Glad that they perform as expected.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Not just the Steeda Ultralites but the wheels and tires someone is running as well. My 295/30/19 and 325/30/19 are too short with the Ultralites and my "race jack" that is lightweight and semi low profile no longer fits. The jacking rails are a few mm too low. I can use the body, but that defeats the purpose. I had to get a LOW LOW profile jack. It's like 2" tall, super flat but heavy as fuck. Here is the old Jack, need to get a side by side.

27548711490_df0217e179_b.jpg

27827025845_24be0a5a52_b.jpg

Also, noticed the little right wheel lifts off the ground when lifting, that's scary shit.
Sponsored