Sponsored

Steeda Heel/Toe pedal installation

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
Hey folks! I just completed my heel/toe pedal installation; it took about an hour. This unit is a 3" wide billet aluminum plate which bolts directly to the stock pedal. It provides a nice wide surface so that you can easily blip the throttle with the side of your foot.

I'm personally fond of the aesthetics, and the wide, grippy pedal feels nice during typical use. It makes heel-toe revmatching much easier. For $25, I'm pretty happy.

Some nitpicks:
When aligned properly, only three of the plate's mounting holes sit flush against the plastic surface of the pedal. I used these locations, but I would have preferred having the holes drilled in a six-pack arrangement. This would be, of course, overkill, and only using three holes is not a major issue.

I had to do some cutting to make the nuts fit on the plastic. This could be prevented with longer bolts and wedges, or different bolt locations.
I do appreciate that nylock nuts were included. Some small washers would be nice to have. ;)

I think I'm going to get the other two pedals as well, so I can grip tape them. I sometimes feel like my foot is going to slip off of the brake pedal when I'm rev-matching with the sides of my foot.

Here's an imgur album with a few pictures from the install process.

http://imgur.com/a/XtNCC
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Nice. Compared to stock, Is the Steeda pedal too wide? Seems very close next to the brake pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
It is pretty wide, but that's really the point of the pedal. It positions everything perfectly for straight-foot rev matching. They have a standard width available too, if you just want a different grip surface.

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EL II XR8, 2015 Mustang GT on the way!
I liked the use of the skateboard grip!

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Awesome write up THANK YOU! I have been thinking of doing this, and now that I have seen it I will be doing it. I'll want to find some rubber inserts as not to take up the whole pedal with the grip tape, but that is a great solution...Thanks again.

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hey folks! I just completed my heel/toe pedal installation; it took about an hour. This unit is a 3" wide billet aluminum plate which bolts directly to the stock pedal. It provides a nice wide surface so that you can easily blip the throttle with the side of your foot.

I'm personally fond of the aesthetics, and the wide, grippy pedal feels nice during typical use. It makes heel-toe revmatching much easier. For $25, I'm pretty happy.

Some nitpicks:
When aligned properly, only three of the plate's mounting holes sit flush against the plastic surface of the pedal. I used these locations, but I would have preferred having the holes drilled in a six-pack arrangement. This would be, of course, overkill, and only using three holes is not a major issue.

I had to do some cutting to make the nuts fit on the plastic. This could be prevented with longer bolts and wedges, or different bolt locations.
I do appreciate that nylock nuts were included. Some small washers would be nice to have. ;)

I think I'm going to get the other two pedals as well, so I can grip tape them. I sometimes feel like my foot is going to slip off of the brake pedal when I'm rev-matching with the sides of my foot.

Here's an imgur album with a few pictures from the install process.

http://imgur.com/a/XtNCC

Thank you for your feedback and review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
I noticed that this install was done on a car with standard pedals. I have a 15 GT PP car that has factory aluminum pedals. Would that needed to be removed?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like if you have larger feet, the added height of the standard width pedal might be enough to do blips.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I started on mine just before dark last night. Gonna try to finish it this evening. Put the grip tape on mine too.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Ordered mine and just got it - came with screw and the bolts and instruction say to use the screws for the accelerator pedal.

Also, my pedals (although it's a not a PP) seem to have at least metal covers on them (haven't looked any closer) - did anybody figured out how to deal with that ?

Sponsored

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine and just got it - came with screw and the bolts and instruction say to use the screws for the accelerator pedal.

Also, my pedals (although it's a not a PP) seem to have at least metal covers on them (haven't looked any closer) - did anybody figured out how to deal with that ?
I installed mine this past weekend. If your pedals are similar to the PP, the metal cover can be removed with a torx bit (there is a screw on the back side of the pedal). Very easy to do once you remove the entire pedal assembly, which consists of disconnecting the wiring harness and removing 4 10mm bolts. I used the provided self tapping screws - 4 total, no drilling required, and took all of maybe 10 mins to install.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Finally did that too. Undid the torx bolt without removing pedal, took off metal cover and attached the pedal. Spent most time looking for one of the screws that dropped under the seat...

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I installed mine this past weekend. If your pedals are similar to the PP, the metal cover can be removed with a torx bit (there is a screw on the back side of the pedal). Very easy to do once you remove the entire pedal assembly, which consists of disconnecting the wiring harness and removing 4 10mm bolts. I used the provided self tapping screws - 4 total, no drilling required, and took all of maybe 10 mins to install.
Anyone know the torque specs for the 10 mm nuts when reinstalling the pedal assembly? I like to be as "by the book" as possible, but if no one knows, I'll just tighten them about as much as I can. :)

EDIT: Never mind--I asked this before I bothered to loosen the nuts, which were barely hand tight at best. I have a new question, though: Has anyone checked the clearance of the Steeda pedal? As it's bigger and sits a little closer to the ground than the premium pedals, I want to make sure that it won't get stuck at WOT. Since this is a drive-by-wire car, is there any issue with pressing the pedal all the way down when the car is off? I'm assuming that I should be able to disconnect the throttle cable and then try it--is that correct? Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
I just installed my pedal. I removed the pedal assembly; it would have been quicker to install leaving the pedal assembly in, but I'm also installing the spacers to raise the pedal up, so I had to remove the assembly anyways. I used the self-tapping screws, but I had to drill pilot holes first. You have some leeway in the positioning of the pedal; if you think it is too close to the brake pedal, you can install it towards the right. I wanted the pedal a bit lower than stock; hopefully, there won't be any chance of floor mat interference. Here is a picture of the two pedals overlayed.

My car is in storage right now and I'm waiting to get the spacers before I reinstall the pedal assembly, so I can't give any impressions of how much it helps with heel and toeing. I'll update once I get a chance to drive the car.
Sponsored