Sponsored

Steeda Axle Back Exhaust ... Install Pics and Review!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
clevernickname - I'd wait on the Roush if you don't like rasp. OP - when you are at part throttle, how is the boominess? Thanks for your impressions so far.
Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=18539]SoCalTim[/MENTION] what an awesome documentation of the exhaust! :cheers:

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback, it is very much appreciated by the team and I'm sure other forum members!

PS - our H-pipe should be available in a week or two, in case you wanted it even louder in the future :)

96blowncobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] do you have any videos with the resonator deleted?

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Brad Michaels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 P/P
Steeda has a unique internal baffling system to eliminate drone unlike the flowmasters.. I have the same system on my 2016 P/P it's awesome with no drone.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
OP - when you are at part throttle, how is the boominess? Thanks for your impressions so far.
Part throttle boominess is at a very tolerable level. Certainly not to the point where the cabin interior is buzzing from the deep bass. That bomminess is only really apparant at low rev pulls, from say 1500rpm- 1700rpm so is only momentary.

If you want to be on the quieter side, you can adjust your gas pedal application accordingly and drive in a way that gives you a very subtle in-car noise that hints at the fact you have an aftermarket exhaust.

Again, to anyone who may think this exhaust is a weaker offering in the sound department...you are mistaken....this exhaust is definitely plenty loud enough. Hopefully I won't be bothered by and cops here in Orange County, as I already got hassled in my first week of ownership due to having tinted front drivers side and passenger side windows :mad: (And they weren't even that dark!)

Just means I shall keep an eye out for any LE cars/bikes and be sure to keep off the loud pedal ;)

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=18539]SoCalTim[/MENTION] what an awesome documentation of the exhaust! :cheers:

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback, it is very much appreciated by the team and I'm sure other forum members!

PS - our H-pipe should be available in a week or two, in case you wanted it even louder in the future :)
You are most welcome. Hopefully my feedback encourages others who are making that all-important exhaust choice to give the Steeda a try :thumbsup:

I'll keep the H-pipe in mind, for now the axle back on its own is giving me plenty of smiles :cool:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Part throttle boominess is at a very tolerable level. Certainly not to the point where the cabin interior is buzzing from the deep bass. That bomminess is only really apparant at low rev pulls, from say 1500rpm- 1700rpm so is only momentary.
Thanks again for the detailed description. Really appreciate it. I am definitely a fan of the deeper tone sounds.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for the detailed description. Really appreciate it. I am definitely a fan of the deeper tone sounds.
Do you still have the OEM system?

1250 rpm is the critical 'drone point' with this exhaust, that is the only spot in the rev range where at exactly those revs you get the most boominess in-cabin.
Overall though, I think you would hard pushed to completely silence the Coyote; it is a big displacement V8 after all :)

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you still have the OEM system?

1250 rpm is the critical 'drone point' with this exhaust, that is the only spot in the rev range where at exactly those revs you get the most boominess in-cabin.
Overall though, I think you would hard pushed to completely silence the Coyote; it is a big displacement V8 after all :)
Yep, still have it. I like the stock system, but I also appreciate the muscle car sound. Ideally, whatever I'd get would only slightly louder but a few ticks deeper. There are a few axleback set-ups that have comparable tone to your recent purchase. My main requirement is to not experience much boom at a couple of critical RPM ranges, especially when loading the engine during around-town cruising in higher gears or on the freeway.

Anecdotally, I've seen quite a few people on the forums change out their exhausts chasing a sound while trying to keep things livable like stock. As I've made my last few aftermarket exhaust purchases by hearing in person and through others impressions, I am doing the same here. Your detailed information has been helpful. Too bad we weren't closer so I could have you drive me around :-)

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Too bad we weren't closer so I could have you drive me around :-)
Indeed!

Have you watched the video of the Solo Performance Mach XV system?
That has the anti-drone 'J Pipes' fabricated adjacent to the muffler boxes:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36524

Their group buy puts it at a similar price point to the Steeda system if you opt for their axle back kit. Had I not already purchased the Steeda, this would have been a serious consideration for me. From the video, the Solo might be a bit louder, but that is hard to tell from the video.

Last edited:

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Indeed!

Have you watched the video of the Solo Performance Mach XV system?
That has the anti-drone 'J Pipes' fabricated adjacent to the muffler boxes:
Yes, I've seen (heard) it. Interesting approach to giving an upgrade path for changing out the sounds.

I considerate it fortunate that we have a number of options out there.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I considerate it fortunate that we have a number of options out there.
+1 on this. Almost too many options :lol:

Please post back on this thread when you end up buying the Steeda ;)
Sponsored