Sponsored

Starting to miss everyday practicality

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I didn’t get a Mustang but almost pulled the trigger. But it was going to be a 2nd car for pleasure. I would not want one to run short errands bc to me it’s too big for that and I’d prefer my auto Jetta.

I ended with a Focus ST, just liked the smaller size. I still have the VW too.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ebm

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Jesus dude, your emotions.

Oy vey.

OP
OP
Vato

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I should also disclose the wife drives a 2015 Camry hybrid. We fit fine in that. However when the kids prefer to go in the stang is where I wish it was more comfortable for them. So I guess what I want is a Swiss Army knife. :D

The second car option is something I thought about too. I had a beater Hyundai decades ago while the 92’ 5.0 sat in the garage. It was a good setup but like another member mentioned, I don’t want to roll in a beater.

One other thing to mention is the wife’s Camry is a lease and it ends in 12 months. Now that I traded the Tundra for the stang, she wants a 3row crossover suv. I was thinking maybe I can go Durango SRT. She doesn’t want to drive an suv anyway. Then she can get whatever.

I had a 2005 CTS-V brand new back then. That was the Swiss Army knife. It did everything well and had the same exclusivity I feel in the Saleen. I’d prefer that over the M3 or any European option due to maintenance costs.

I think what I need to do is just wait and see if the wife is interested in a sporty suv like an X5. Then I won’t feel my stang has short comings.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Unless you’re absolutely terrible with money and are completely leveraged I’m guessing you can afford another car if you bought the Saleeen.

Buy a practical car to haul the kids around and do stuff around the house. I’ve got a RCSB Ram to meet my practicality needs and the mustang for fun. Get a used quad cab truck or SUV. Plenty of good, low mileage options under $25k. If you’re in the Phoenix area, take a look at Bill Lukes website. They have some of the best deals in the valley for trucks and SUVs.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
One other thing to mention is the wife’s Camry is a lease and it ends in 12 months. Now that I traded the Tundra for the stang, she wants a 3row crossover suv. I was thinking maybe I can go Durango SRT. She doesn’t want to drive an suv anyway. Then she can get whatever.

I think what I need to do is just wait and see if the wife is interested in a sporty suv like an X5. Then I won’t feel my stang has short comings.
Durango SRT would give you the fun of the V8 and the practicality. As for the X5, not sure if you've driven one but unless it's the X5M, it'll feel far from sporty compared to the Mustang. BMW has gone soft on non-M products.

Sponsored

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
And X5M can't be had in 3 rows. 3 row plus sporty is only Durango SRT and the old R63AMG, but that is a ticking time bomb.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I almost ended up in a scat pack Charger , but they were impossible to find . Then my wife said I didn't need that much practicality since I really wanted to be back in a Mustang .

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I've always had a Mustang (since I was 15/16 so almost 30 years), so I'm the wrong person to ask. My two oldest are now grown and out of school, and I have only a 14 year old that is dependent on me or my wife (or her grandmother & aunts) to get around.

I've had car seats in the back seat (infant and forward facing), toys in the trunk, lacrosse bags, trombones, baritones, groceries, etc. I also have a manual, and traffic doesn't really bother me at all - it's just second nature.

All of that to say, I do it because I love Mustangs; I understand how it could be a pain if you're not used to it. You should get what will make you happy. If it were me, I'd be keeping the Mustang and get a second with more space.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Why don't you keep the Mustang and just buy a 5 year old Civic or something.

Sponsored

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
AZ traffic sucks. Couldn't imagine driving a manual daily. Tell the kids they can't ride in your car and use the SO's for errands. Problem solved.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
buy a Subaru outback after lease expires.

it does not handle like suv, but rather like wagon. roomy.

if you need a third row, that's a different story.

what I miss in Mustang is minor things that other coupes I owned had - front seats that slide forward to make getting in/out the rear easier. Also rear bench might be lower so that taller people could fit with more comfort.

OP
OP
Vato

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Damn Bon Jovi came on the radio with "Keep the Faith". I'm getting signals from somewhere. I'm staying the course. Screw everyone else. I think I need a track day at Inde Motorsports Ranch instead.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
F-150 Crew Cab... nuff said

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
F-150 Crew Cab... nuff said
Exactly what I did. Got the wife a 2017 F150 crew cab with a 5.0 and it actually is quick. She loves it because it can do everything she wants and I love it because it does everything my Mustang does not.
Sponsored