Sport + mode?

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Today i noticed a sports + mode. I knew had a sports mode on my 2015 GT, but never noticed a sports+ mode until today.
Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think it is like race mode with advance track on.

OP
OP
CCCP1999

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I think it is like race mode with advance track on.
I love it for jabs on the gas while slow rolling. Really loving this car.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
I wonder how many out there have no idea what CCCP stood for.

Sponsored

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we're pretty much all of a certain age here, yeah?

Except CCCP1991 would make more sense, eh?
I try not to judge. It could be CCCP 1917. Just as long as it stays where it belongs, in the history books!

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Today i noticed a sports + mode. I knew had a sports mode on my 2015 GT, but never noticed a sports+ mode until today.
There was another thread somewhere that explained the different modes.

Here's a chart I put together from the info provided on that thread (thanks to whoever did the original):

Attachments

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
That's a pretty good summation of the sport settings. I'm older than most here and I can still remember holding ground in the Fulda gap watching them train just as we did. Waiting for them to come across the walls and begin the big war.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
During the summer months I set the drive mode to sport plus and the steering mode to comfort every time I get in the car. The car feels wonderful to me in this configuration - wide awake and ready to rock. :)

That's a pretty good summation of the sport settings. I'm older than most here and I can still remember holding ground in the Fulda gap watching them train just as we did. Waiting for them to come across the walls and begin the big war.
I graduated HS at Ansbach American HS in 1978. Towards the end of our senior year we took a bus trip to the Fulda gap. It was so weird looking at guard towers and fences designed to keep their own populace from running away. The thing that really stuck in my head though was the size of the guard dogs the East German guards had. They were huge, like German Shepards the size of ponies.

A few years later I was in the AF, stationed at Ramstein AB maintaining radar jamming pods for the fighter aircraft there (F-4E). If it had ever kicked off we were supposed to load the pods on the aircraft, and then destroy all the remaining equipment (we had a tool board with a bunch of pick axes and sledge hammers in the equipment bay) and then wait for the base to be overrun. There was no plan to get us out, AFAIK, and I don't think they planned on giving us guns either. lol

OP
OP
CCCP1999

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I think we're pretty much all of a certain age here, yeah?

Except CCCP1991 would make more sense, eh?
Since i am a Capt, my name is Charles C last name starts with a P and i love the show SPACE1999. I was born way before 1999 by 30 years +. I just can't get over how much fun this car is. Stock tune vs stock tune on my 06 C6 Vette is nite and day. I would think headers and a dynotune would be insane on my GT. I leave the car in sports mode and steering in sports mode. Car sure eats the gas , even worse than my 2013 RAM R/T regcab truck did. I just love WOT burst with this car. Plenty of mods coming.

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
My car has only ever had "S+". :shrug:

And I was born in 88. Ha.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did a lot of mods to my 2006. I wanted a quick car, not a fast car. 4:10"gears, tune and CAI, better rubber and better breaks made a big impact. Very quick - well under 4 seconds to 60

I did a lot of suspension work but it made the ride too harsh and I did a lot of exhaust work and it became too loud.

This car is a little "floaty" so possibly some suspension work, but not much. I am looking at the newly announced performance pack 2 - 40 more lb ft at 1500 rpm, upgraded breaks and better tires (but not summer tires this time.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
During the summer months I set the drive mode to sport plus and the steering mode to comfort every time I get in the car ...
I'm always fidgeting with my settings too, not sure yet where I want it.

A few years later I was in the AF
Thank you for you service.

And I was born in 88. Ha.
Around the time you were born, I was driving my slightly modded 3 year old 85 GT. lol

Here she is, right after a Chevy guy I knew challenged me to win a trophy at the drags (bracket racing was very boring, but I obliged him to get it done)
NL jp scan0001x.jpg

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
How does one go into Sport + mode? Never noticed this. Just normal, sport, track and snow and ice mode. Is it an auto trans only thing?

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Possibly, I have an auto trans and Sport+ shows up.
Sponsored