Sponsored

Spied: 2018 Mustang Prototype with Active Quad Exhaust

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I don't know what "active exhaust" is, but if it means driver-adjustable exhaust noise I think that would be a great way to eliminate the "need" for sound tube (or equivalent).
Dual mode...solenoid actuated exhaust valves that adjust volume.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Looks like they are hiding the fenders. I hope they leave the vented fenders exclusive to the 350.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Looks like they are hiding the fenders. I hope they leave the vented fenders exclusive to the 350.
From what I have heard, and now seen. The GT350 was in fact the inspiration for the 2018. So while the 2018+ is getting a lower hood, wider fenders, lighting updates and power improvements. The GT350 was inspiration versus a variant of tooling like the 2013/14 Hood and fascia.

If the GT350 keeps running for another two years, it may infact get a more dramatic change to keep it on the leading edge.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
On a convertible, I'm thinking TT 3.5 EB.

gUiTo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 trailblazer
i wonder if they will offer gt-350r (magnetic ride dampers) on the gt or ecoboost eventually?

Sponsored

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
This thread is getting me worried.

I ordered my s550 3 weeks ago and it takes up to 9 months for the rhd uk cars to come here. There might be a chance I will get an '18, but I really want the existing car. I don't want new twinkly lights, that horrible flat bonnet, quad little tips rather than twin big ones, and worst of all the new 10 speed gearbox. And they might drop Grabber Blue!!

It's the gearbox I dread, Ford and GM licence some of the patented internal clutch works from ZF who have no end of trouble with their 9 speed. I don't want my pony to turn out to be a mule.
If you ordered a 17, you'll get a 17. Is it common for cars that are special ordered in the UK to show up differently than ordered?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This thread is getting me worried.
I'm pretty sure you'll get a '17. Order times are reducing and I think any orders up to December are likely good for the current car.

However, with the camo, I wouldn't judge the looks just yet.......we really can't see any of those changes clearly. Judge once you've seen it revealed in production trim, which will likely be at Detroit in January.

As for the 10-speed? It's been in development for years and is already being used in the 3.5 Ecoboost F150s, so it'll already be "year 2" by the time it's in the Mustang. And, take a look at the recent video of the 10-speed Camaro ZL1 at the 'Ring. That's one seriously impressive gearbox.

Now back to the '18. WE NEED VIDEO :ford:

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Why? Has there been any mention of engine changes for the refreshed S550?
LOL, That's what popped into my head when I saw the pics. But as to your question, The article mentioned a revised port fuel injection and direct injection Coyote engine.