Sponsored

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
Is a spare tire option available that fits in the trunk space and works on a GT with the 255/40R19 optional tires?

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
So these spare tire kits people linked for roughly 200 work with the 20 inch foundry cars? Just want to make sure before ordering.

Edit: Just saw this notice on the kit from levittown

Not Available for vehicles originally equipped with summer tires or 20 Inch Wheels

Why do they say it won't work?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
So these spare tire kits people linked for roughly 200 work with the 20 inch foundry cars? Just want to make sure before ordering.

Edit: Just saw this notice on the kit from levittown

Not Available for vehicles originally equipped with summer tires or 20 Inch Wheels

Why do they say it won't work?
No clue why they don't say Performance Pack instead of "summer tires".

Won't clear the Brembo calipers.

-Emt1581

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
20 and 19 inch wheels are available on cars without the Brembo brakes. Only the GT with Performance Package has the Brembo brakes, the Ecoboost with Performance Package has the 4 piston calipers from the non Performance Package GT.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
20 and 19 inch wheels are available on cars without the Brembo brakes. Only the GT with Performance Package has the Brembo brakes, the Ecoboost with Performance Package has the 4 piston calipers from the non Performance Package GT.
BUT

"Summer Tires" equates to the Pirellis found on the Eco Perf Pack - so again - does the tire kit spoken about in this thread fit an EB PP - because everyone has said that the PP Eco does NOT have Brembo brakes... but does have 19" rims w/ summer tires...

is there anyone on here from Levittown Ford who can really clarify?

?????

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I also ordered the spare tire with my 2015 GT and I'm sure glad I did on are trip to the west coast, because if I did have a flat I could change it, I have seen a lot of cars along the highway with a flat tire, in all my years traveling, and no spare tire.....
(Probably stupidly) I've pulled over to help a few people with flats, always women (one time with her BF in the passenger seat just texting... hopefully she dumped his lazy but). Every single time it was either tires that were past their due date to be replaced or some Chinese-ey off-brand tire.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
BUT

"Summer Tires" equates to the Pirellis found on the Eco Perf Pack - so again - does the tire kit spoken about in this thread fit an EB PP - because everyone has said that the PP Eco does NOT have Brembo brakes... but does have 19" rims w/ summer tires...

?????
The only thing that stops you from ordering the spare tire option from the factory is summer tires, not rim diameter.you can get it on cars with 17, 18 and 19 wheels, the 20 inch wheel only comes with summer tires so no spare availability.

The spare tire is available on the GT without the PP so it will fit an Ecoboost with PP.

Dave

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
What do the summer tires have to do with running the spare? I don't get that part.

From reading above, it sounds like the spare tire kit will work fine with my 20 inch foundry car even though they state it will not.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
There must be some liability issue that they are concerned with having a space saver tire and summer tires.

Dave

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Honestly, I have a hard time believing that you can't throw on a spare for a quick jolt to the local tire shop to get a proper fix. It's the people that go driving around on a spare for weeks on end that screw up their drive train. On a Subaru, you can screw up the drive train oddly quick having even the same tire, but one has more tread than the others. Apples to oranges there but still. If the spare fits over the brakes and will role, awesome. Obviously its use is to get you off the side of a freeway and to a tire shop within a reasonable amount of mileage, not to live on for the next month.

But can't hold me to it. Personally, I'd have zero problem putting a spare on any of the 4 wheels of any car I have ever owned in order to get myself to Discount Tire without having to subject my car to being potentially beat up by some tow truck driver.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
BUT

?????
Has exact same brakes as the non-PP GT from what I know, should be no problem with clearance

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
I remember back in the day. Show cars with cut and re-welded wheels to turn them into spares to match the wheels on the car.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
A 5mm spacer is what is needed to clear the rear wheel for PP cars on the front

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Sponsored