Sponsored

so why doesnt the GT350 come with.....

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
That's because heated seats won't help you when The Big Earthquake hits and dumps California into the ocean. :D Here in the Midwest, we use heated seats about 5 months of the year - especially when it's 20 or 30 below zero. :eek:
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I use mine in my SUV when I go to the mountains:lol:

305 wide tires in 20 below weather/snow :eyebulge:

I won't even be driving this thing in the rain if I can help it

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Me either. Below 40 degrees, the tires will have the traction of shopping cart wheels, so I'll be sitting in the car in the garage making motor noises.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Disney, you should really just talk to ford about bringing back the mini van,
it will be big enough for all that crap. I think your looking at the wrong car.

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
GT350R = Track focused race car

GT350 = Race Car inspired Daily Driver high performance car

Tech pack = Answer to those used to luxury and amenities in their high performance car.

Track Pack = Answer for those who want a double duty weekend driver high performance car they can track.

Me either. Below 40 degrees, the tires will have the traction of shopping cart wheels, so I'll be sitting in the car in the garage making motor noises.
I will have a set of dedicated Pirelli Scotozero Serie 3 winter tires mounted on staggered 19" Boss 302 wheels that will get swapped onto this car for the cold season. Because.....That's how I roll.

It's a 50-60k+ car......if you've got this scratch.... dig a little in those pockets and .... buy a second set of wheels and tires guys.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If I could get roll up windows, no a.c. cloth mechanical seats, manual mirrors etc to make the base gt350 cheaper I'd be all in
Yes, but you live in the perfect climate. I agree with the spirit of your post, but no AC is a non-starter in most every other location in the US. Some of us get about 3 or 4 days per year when it's comfortable to wear short sleeve shirts. Otherwise, it's either much hotter or much colder. We don't have the Pacific regulating our temperature to that perfect setting.

I'm not wealthy enough to buy a second car as fun as this one, so my answer is that I will be driving this every day. I would be fine with everything you say, but I definitely need AC!! :)

I have a set of winter tires and rims that will be going on it in the fall (the factory rims from my 2011 PP GT) - could be as early as October - and coming off in the spring - could be as late as May. I don't want to spend nearly half the year driving some POS while this car sits in the garage. That's especially true if I end up paying some ADM for it. Who knows, I may end up asking the dealer to put my snow tires on the car so I can drive it home!

IMO, Track pack is all that's needed for this GT350... the rest (Tech) are creature comfort amenities.
Well, if you discount the fact that the Recaros have features that some people will just not fit into, then that is true. I would have preferred to buy either the base or the track pack, but since I don't have a test drive available to find out how harsh the non-adjustable base suspension is AND I probably won't fit into the Recaros; I went with the majority of people and bought the tech pack. I know Ford has done cold weather testing, but I also worried that the manual transmission with a cooler on it might not shift very well in -20 or colder weather.

I wonder how many people are buying the tech pack for all the crap like heated and cooled seats vs. just being able to fit into the seats or being comfortable when driving on the street.

I'm happy about the track oriented features of the car, but my main reason all along that I want this car is the engine. I will take it to the track, but probably only a few times a year. So it makes sense to me to build a car focused around the 99% of my usage.

Last edited:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

Tech pack = Answer to those used to luxury and amenities in their high performance car.

Track Pack = Answer for those who want a double duty weekend driver high performance car they can track.

I will have a set of dedicated Pirelli Scotozero Serie 3 winter tires mounted on staggered 19" Boss 302 wheels that will get swapped onto this car for the cold season. Because.....That's how I roll.

It's a 50-60k+ car......if you've got this scratch.... dig a little in those pockets and .... buy a second set of wheels and tires guys.
Fixed:
GT350R = Track focused street car.

GT350R with Electronics Package = ?

You all are being too hard on the OP. I understand the intent of his inquiry.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
This. If you buy an R and plan to drive the car on the street to any great amount, the first thing I would do it take off the CF wheels and replace them with a more conventional setup.

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
bingo. I was pretty surprised when I saw the tech pack had heated/cooled seats to be honest
That's why in the Tech Pack they should have kept the Recaro's or at the very least, kept the Recaro's but put leather seat covers with alcantara inserts in them (see the poll in another GT350 thread).

Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
That's why in the Tech Pack they should have kept the Recaro's or at the very least, kept the Recaro's but put leather seat covers with alcantara inserts in them (see the poll in another GT350 thread).

That may have swayed me to want the tech

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford didn't want to limit the appeal of the car that much.

It would have been awesome if they had Recaros with a width adjustment, so that they would fit more people. Probably a lot fewer people would have ordered the tech pack in that case.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Dont flame me for asking, but im really wondering why if the GT350 costs more, why doesnt it come with some of the things the GT does come with.

I ordered the Tech pkg, which comes with a lot of things, but wondering why so much was left out if they are still upgrading the radio, nav, heated/cooled seats, etc.

things im wondering why they are left off is-

BLIS Mirrors, i love the blind spot mirrors i have now with the lights, why didnt they put them in instead of giving you the extra little mirror in the corner.

Reverse Park Assist-they are giving you a camera, but not the rev park assist, seems like it would be easy to add in tech pkg for reverse and maybe BLIS system.

Fog Lights-I always liked fog lights on the top cars, why did they remove them on the GT350?

Memory seats-if they are upgrading the seats to heated/cooled, why not add the memory on the door like the GT has with that package??

Speakers-Did they go down on 2 speakers. i think my gt is quoted at 9, but the tech package says only 7, where are the 2 we are losing??

i heard there is a shift light, anyone know where it is?

there may be one or two i am forgetting, but this is a good start. again, im just curious why paying more for it but they took out some things.

thanks
It sounds like your in the market for a GT500. I would hold off on the 350 until the 500 comes out.

drmustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang

Very good synopsis and recommendation.

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
The lack of an automatic transmission for the GT350 is a glaring omission which all but precludes purchase by anyone who lives where there is stop and go traffic. Plus, a good automatic can shift faster than any human, so even the GT350R is held back by not having an automatic, at least as an option.
Sponsored