so why doesnt the GT350 come with.....

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Dont flame me for asking, but im really wondering why if the GT350 costs more, why doesnt it come with some of the things the GT does come with.

I ordered the Tech pkg, which comes with a lot of things, but wondering why so much was left out if they are still upgrading the radio, nav, heated/cooled seats, etc.

things im wondering why they are left off is-

BLIS Mirrors, i love the blind spot mirrors i have now with the lights, why didnt they put them in instead of giving you the extra little mirror in the corner.

Reverse Park Assist-they are giving you a camera, but not the rev park assist, seems like it would be easy to add in tech pkg for reverse and maybe BLIS system.

Fog Lights-I always liked fog lights on the top cars, why did they remove them on the GT350?

Memory seats-if they are upgrading the seats to heated/cooled, why not add the memory on the door like the GT has with that package??

Speakers-Did they go down on 2 speakers. i think my gt is quoted at 9, but the tech package says only 7, where are the 2 we are losing??

i heard there is a shift light, anyone know where it is?

there may be one or two i am forgetting, but this is a good start. again, im just curious why paying more for it but they took out some things.

thanks
Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
If all that is more important than the other things you're getting with the GT350, and you don't know what those other things are, perhaps you ordered the wrong car.

Also, I'd imagine that some of those things you mentioned will be part of the tech package but perhaps ford hasn't gone in to that much detail yet. (Edit: okay, wrong here, I think Ford has detailed it per the ordering guide.)

I agree though, the rev sensors/beeping is a nice feature. Something I miss in my Bullitt Mustang when not driving the F-150. I'm afraid at some point I'll forget that it's not there and back the Mustang in to something. :)

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
again, im just curious. it is was more important, i would just keep my GT i just bought. Just to me seems like if its more of a car, engine, suspension wise, and then you can add a tech package, why would they not put in what they just did on previous and current upcoming models on this? just wondering.

Sponsored

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit
You are buying the wrong car, you don't go to Ford and buy the top level enthusiast model Mustang and then complain about the lack creature comforts and non performance enhancing gadgets and goodies.

It is a track focused vehicle, some argue it should not even have backseats, radio, power windows or AC....

Danger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015, Performance Package, Ingot Silver
Fog lights on the mustang do nothing, just like on the 1SS I use to have.
That little extra part on the mirror does help, the first week I had my car it saved my A$$.
What you are paying for is the motor, drive train and the body.
Park sensors will make you rely on the car and not your own awareness. The camera is all you need, its tilted so you can see the ground a lot easier and use your mirror to watch the top.

Don't worry once you get your car you will forget all about it. Technology is good but too much will make us lazy.

This is the reason why I got a base GT with the performance package, and I love the car a lot.
Remember back in the day people did not have this stuff and they did just fine and so will you.
40 Years from now people will fight tooth and nail to get a GT 350 and 350R its a car for the elite, feel lucky that you are able to get one.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I think that part of it was to reduce weight and part was to help keep the cost down. The GT350 offers many performance items that the GT doesn't have be the cost difference before the package upgrades is not so much. I ordered one with the Tech Package so the only things I will miss out on is the memory seats (I am the only one that will drive it), reverse sensing system(I don't need beeps if I can see obstacles with the camera), adaptive cruise control(not a big loss), 9 speakers instead of 7 speakers(who cares). I am getting a car with a 526hp flat plane engine(biggest ever made by any car manufacturer), magnetic suspension, 2 piece rotors that are bigger than some peoples wheels, 6 piston front, 4 piston rear brakes, a duel clutch and most of the creature comforts for 59K? There is no room to complain.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Guys guys Ford is trying to keep the weight down on this car! With all the comfort and tech stuff its impossible! Looks like people will be paying mostly for the engine and track capabilities of this car. Everyday drivability and comfort is not Fords concern!

Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
And let's face it, even if they gave you the 9 speakers, they're crappy speakers. The shaker sound system is pretty bad, so really, you're just getting 2 fewer crappy speakers.

I'm a glass is half-full guy!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well, that part I get, but of all the things in the tech pack, the heated seats just seemed a bit odd.
Sponsored