Sponsored

So USB-C Sucks.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
At least the ones I have tried. Heavy ones from monoprice. Just driving along, and Android Auto shuts off with the tiniest bump.
Still charges, but the data stream gets interrupted, and the party’s over. Is this common, or is it my phone (note 8) or maybe the cord choice?
Sponsored

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Yeah it's not usb c that's the prob here

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Probably a combination of the phone and cord choice. Are you fully plugging it in or is it somewhat loose? I don't have any issues like that using USB-C cables for anything so far.

OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt it is the phone, it is a flagship of samsung. I guess I’ll order up some different cables. I bought a 4 pack of these, they all seem to have the issue. Could go hours, and then out of the blue Android Auto just shuts down. Have to pull the phone out, wait a few seconds and reconnect.

Bubbadini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 3.55 6MT
I have had these since Dec 2017 with my Pixel 2 and have had no issues with Android Auto.

BrexLink USB Certified Type C Cable, USB C to USB A Charger (6.6ft 2 Pack), Nylon Braided

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0749L14GC/

I hope you find good working ones.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt it is the phone, it is a flagship of samsung
Doesn't quite matter whether it is a flagship or not, port design is more of what I meant. Some are easier to tell whether it is fully seated and secure.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I have a Note 8 as well and sometimes it just acts up with Sync. This happens on USB and BT.

I find wireless charging works better with this phone. I've been meaning to get a magnetic/wireless combo charging mount.

Although data could still be a problem.

OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Note 8 as well and sometimes it just acts up with Sync. This happens on USB and BT.

I find wireless charging works better with this phone. I've been meaning to get a magnetic/wireless combo charging mount.

Although data could still be a problem.
I’ve gone through a few inductive chargers for mobile, and all have failed. Oddly, the home ones work great.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Did the power adapter fail or the plate? I think the plate is mostly a passive device.

I think the cables do better since they remain plugged in mostly on a permanent basis.

OP
OP
Lost

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The plates fail. On my expedition, the power port is hot all the time. (is the mustangs?). But the electronics inside smoked on all of the mobile ones, I took them apart and checked the boards, and a chip is toast.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
careful so many fake ones out there because consumers arent aware of tell tale signs

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Note 8 as well and do not have this issue. I got my cable from Verizon when I bought the phone. Bad luck perhaps?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Monoprice cables are usually very good but i've had issues with using Android Auto on a few various cables. Certain ones work good others dont.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I doubt it is the phone, it is a flagship of samsung. I guess I’ll order up some different cables. I bought a 4 pack of these, they all seem to have the issue. Could go hours, and then out of the blue Android Auto just shuts down. Have to pull the phone out, wait a few seconds and reconnect.
The issue is likely the cable. The problem with USB-C right now, much like Apple's Lightning Wire when it first released, is that there are cables out there for sale that do not actually meet the specification of USB-C and thusly do not work properly. It's the same with a monoprice USB-C cable that I bought for my Nintendo Switch, it charges the one controller fine, and will charge system while off, but while on it doesn't seem to charge the Switch at all - I got a different/better cable and the issue was immediately solved. Get a new cable.