Sponsored

So typical. Exhaust comparison question.

KennethAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50th Anniversary Package
I currently have the Magnaflow Competition quad tip catback exhaust on my 15 GT. If I'm being honest, I kinda hate it. I know youtube videos aren't really accurate because of the million different variables but, Corsa Extremes always sound so much better in my opinion when watching videos. I guess my question is, has anyone heard my Magnaflow exhaust and also heard Corsa Extreme IN PERSON? Not necessarily side by side, I know that's unlikely. I haven't heard Corsa Extremes in person that I know. I am just curious if the Corsa really is that much louder and aggressive than what I'm getting from the Magnaflow. I want the louder more exotic sound. The Magnaflow is a drone machine. I know everyone praises Corsa for it's lack of drone. The Magnaflow has more of a low booming sound when you punch the throttle versus that exotic sound the Corsa seems to have in videos. Does anyone have any feedback before I make this big purchase (Extremes with quad tips)? Sorry for another exhaust question and thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Every retailer, AM & CJPP, in particular, has stated the extremes is probably the MOST aggressive and loud system after the Roush+Xpipe setup. If I recall, Bill from CJPP, stated Magnaflow werent all that loud.

OP
OP
KennethAlan

KennethAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I'm just curious if the Corsa really is that much louder in person. Because, in a video I shot on an iPhone like most on youtube, my exhaust sounds loud and aggressive too.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Extremes are aggressive and sound like no one else. By themselves I personally feel it's the best sounding exhaust out there. The comps, we've installed, I kinda liked it however, a good bit of drone. Extremes are louder than the comps though however, the extremes are incredibly loud at idle after a cold start.

Hope that helps! We are one of the few stocking Corsa dealers and have them ready to go:)

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
The Corsa Extremes are fine until 4000rpm and then they really wake upon have the Roush ABs with H-pipe. Same thing except 2500-3000rpm lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
KennethAlan

KennethAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]3TrDYX0dzTs[/MEDIA]"]

Took a video to hear my own exhaust on youtube...I'm sure that's weird. I wanted to compare mine in person/on video versus the million I've watched on youtube. Maybe it will help someone else out searching the forum someday. Looks like I'll be purchasing Corsa Extremes once I see some Labor Day deals pop up.

BobbyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT
I feel your pain broseph. I also had the Magnaflow Competitions (dual only) and swapped them out for Corsa Sports after a week. Loved the deep tone, but the drone was unbearable. At over 3k rpm imo the sports sound more aggressive than the comps. The extremes are more aggressive than the sports so it stands to reason that they are more aggressive than the comps too.

Sunburst

Turtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang (project car)
The corsa extremes are very loud a local guy has them with no cats and you can hear his car a mile away lol. Anyone know if there's a huge difference between the sound volume of the sports and extremes? I ordered the corsa sport axle back and I'm hoping it's loud paired with my resonator deleted x pipe and mak cat deletes

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Are we talking just mufflers? Or LTs too? I have LTs no cats, H pipe with magnaflow comps and its really loud. It gives me the rumble when letting off the gas and coasting to a stop, the loud "race car" sound when giving it gas, and the deep muscle car sound when I'm driving normal.

I haven't heard any corsa setups in person that I know of, but I've read lots of great reviews.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
The Corsa is prettty loud but man that exhaust sounds good!

I've heard the Corsa and Magnaflow on my customers cars but have never been inside the cabin, so can't comment on that.

-Josh

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The extreme is pretty loud and sounds great. One of our best sellers. We have killer forum pricing and a 75 rebate right now. Hit me up for pricing

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
I guess I'm just curious if the Corsa really is that much louder in person. Because, in a video I shot on an iPhone like most on youtube, my exhaust sounds loud and aggressive too.
There are a couple things to think about, are you eventually going to get headers or cat deletes?

The extreme's are loud and have a loud aggressive bark that gets NASCAR loud paired with headers/cat deletes.

The Sports have a lower/deep rumble compared to the extreme's and they are not as loud. Once paired with headers/cat deletes they are way more bearable than the extreme's. I have met a couple people that ended up switching from extreme's to Sports after getting headers.

Overall Corsa kinda punctuates the natural exotic sound of the coyote. I always wanted to get a rumble and try to stay away from the more exotic sound. There are some exhaust companies that manage to give you a low rumble at idle and under 3k rpm's but once you climb the rpm's you still get that exotic unique sound.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I personally like the Corsa Systems! They are crazy loud with an aggressive sound at WOT, yet no drone at all when cruising. We have great Loyalty Pricing on our site. Feel free to shoot me a PM with the system you are interested in and I would be glad to give you pricing.

Thanks,
Chris

OP
OP
KennethAlan

KennethAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]R2V8bbGi858[/MEDIA]"]
Figured I'd post up the end result of this topic since I shot a quick video this evening. I am happier than I could've ever imagined with the Corsa Extreme. If you're on the fence about it...just do it. Seriously. I never drive with the radio on anymore. Owners aren't exaggerating...there's ZERO drone with this system. It's incredible.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Figured I'd post up the end result of this topic since I shot a quick video this evening. I am happier than I could've ever imagined with the Corsa Extreme. If you're on the fence about it...just do it. Seriously. I never drive with the radio on anymore. Owners aren't exaggerating...there's ZERO drone with this system. It's incredible.
Sounds great! The only thing that would stop me is volume. I DD my car and live in an apt complex, so I'm sure my neighbors would hate me. It's too bad, too, as I could pick up a sport axleback for cheap locally and effectively have the Xtreme (but with a single X-Pipe instead of double).
Sponsored