Sponsored

So I couldn't wait... got a GT.. Updated with pics :)

OP
OP
harmzz

harmzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Ha! I wondered if you'd collect, yesterday. Looks as though you had perfect weather for it, your car looks fantastic, excellent!
:thumbsup:

Ref the extended warranty, it sounds as I expected, a thrid party policy.
I never usually bothered with such things, but for some reason I bought some wheel cover when I purchased my current car.
After managing to curb two rims, I rolled into my local franchise dealer only to discover they wouldn't be involved and I had to effectively deal with an insurance company. I was under the impression it was a brand warranty, I was wrong! So I made a claim, forms, photos, etc. The wheels were refurbished, but it was a more protracted task than just rolling into the dealeship for the work.

Perhaps call Ford U.K. to see if they will exercise some discrecion and good will to offer you the 2 yrs warranty extension at cost. Especially as if I recall correctly, yours is a cancelled order?
Either way, you have otions.

Lovely car!
:)
:thumbsup: Yup exactly what I plan to do and see what happens. Probally GuardX or something was offered that but declined it and said I will get back to them: chip,dents, scratches size limits apply to all and allow refurb 6 claims a year I think, looked okay for the money but depends on terms which were vague
Sponsored

OP
OP
harmzz

harmzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I was told the twin gauges wouldn't be available, nor the carbon trim for the dash board! :thumbdown:

However, I think the twin gauges are for vacuum/boost and oil pressure, which I believe the user can call up in the LCD instrument cluster??
Something did come up in the LCD when messing around yesterday will go and take a look later and take a pic. :)

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
:thumbsup: Yup exactly what I plan to do and see what happens. Probally GuardX or something was offered that but declined it and said I will get back to them: chip,dents, scratches size limits apply to all and allow refurb 6 claims a year I think, looked okay for the money but depends on terms which were vague
Also look into the repair method. Audi did a "cosmetic" repair on one of my cars and the finish was shocking. It looked as though the paint had only been aplplied in a local area on the panel and it didn't match the finish of the surroundig paint. Now I let a panel amass a certain amount of chipping, then I take my car to a body shop I use and they will spray the entire panel.

Two more things there, I've been considering. Friend of mine gets all his cars detailed when new, although I've other friends who are sceptical about the merits.
So I'm not sure whether to op for a detail, when my car arrives.

But then again, I've recently discovered there are clear film wraps designed and applied to protect paint. Again I'd probably need to see an example before considering having the front end panels and possibly the forward areas of the rear arches, wrapped.

Emrys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like the black stripes with that color. And I'm not normally a fan of the black wheels, but on this car they look SHARP. Very, very nice.

OP
OP
harmzz

harmzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Also look into the repair method. Audi did a "cosmetic" repair on one of my cars and the finish was shocking. It looked as though the paint had only been aplplied in a local area on the panel and it didn't match the finish of the surroundig paint. Now I let a panel amass a certain amount of chipping, then I take my car to a body shop I use and they will spray the entire panel.

Two more things there, I've been considering. Friend of mine gets all his cars detailed when new, although I've other friends who are sceptical about the merits.
So I'm not sure whether to op for a detail, when my car arrives.

But then again, I've recently discovered there are clear film wraps designed and applied to protect paint. Again I'd probably need to see an example before considering having the front end panels and possibly the forward areas of the rear arches, wrapped.
I am more than likely to get ceramic coating done next week but not sure if to get front clear wrapped yet

PS you can put your own gauges on choice of about 6

20180415_202308_resized.jpg

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Found them but no service book :headbonk:
Service book isn't specific to the Mustang so you can pick one up from any Ford dealer that gives a toss (good luck with that). Last item on the PDI is "stamp the book" so they have questions to answer.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Christ that looks sublime in the sunlight. The more I see the Orange cars, the more I had wished I had ordered one. Be sure to record a video of the exhaust! All the ones on YouTube have Dubstep screaming over the top and I only have so much sanity to spare. :lol:

Looks Beautiful! Just curious why the car doesn't have the performance pack gauges? Is this a European spec thing that they do not come with them?
European cars are a mish-mash of different parts.

We get the performance pack as standard (specifically Level 1 with wheels, breaks, k-brace, anti-roll bars, radiator etc.), yet unlike the USA we get the active exhaust for free. Magneride is an extra option like the states.

Then we have the 400A premium package also as standard equipment which overrides the Performance Pack interior, but the digital cluster and the heated wheel from the 401A package are thrown in for free, but the heated seats from 400A and the sat-nav module from 401A are missing and have to be bought separately.

We don't get the Level 2 performance pack, yet strangely we get the Torsen limited slip diff and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres from it as standard.

Its all a bit of a mess, really. :lol::crazy:

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
Christ that looks sublime in the sunlight. The more I see the Orange cars, the more I had wished I had ordered one. Be sure to record a video of the exhaust! All the ones on YouTube have Dubstep screaming over the top and I only have so much sanity to spare. :lol:

We get the performance pack as standard (specifically Level 1 with wheels, breaks, k-brace, anti-roll bars, radiator etc.), yet unlike the USA we get the active exhaust for free. Magneride is an extra option like the states.

Then we have the 400A premium package also as standard equipment which overrides the Performance Pack interior, but the digital cluster and the heated wheel from the 401A package are thrown in for free, but the heated seats from 400A and the sat-nav module from 401A are missing and have to be bought separately.

We don't get the Level 2 performance pack, yet strangely we get the Torsen limited slip diff and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres from it as standard.

Are you sure about the Torsen ?? I think you will find all export cars come with conventional LSD not Torsen

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
PS you can put your own gauges on choice of about 6

20180415_202308_resized.jpg
Thanks for confirming, it kinda makes not getting the centre gauges a little less of a disappointment.

Thanks for the info, the comparison of U.S. and U.K. specs has had me wondering.

Is there any definitive source listing all the differences?
I'm curoius what a U.S. PP2 GT has, a U.K. CPx GT doesn't.

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Are you sure about the Torsen ?? I think you will find all export cars come with conventional LSD not Torsen
Yes. Both the 3.73 and 3.55 differentials are Torsen units for the 2018 (so says the US brochure).

3.55 with the Automatic and 3.73 with the Manual.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yes. Both the 3.73 and 3.55 differentials are Torsen units for the 2018 (so says the US brochure).

3.55 with the Automatic and 3.73 with the Manual.
Not quite correct.

UK cars and exports are:

Automatic: 3.55 Torsen
Manual: 3.55 traction Lok

I believe is the case on the exports.

Whereas MY15-17 on exports was:

Automatic: 3.55 traction LOK
Manual: 3.55 traction LOK.

Export manuals don't get 3.73 torsen, on MY15-17 this was kind of good as the 3.73's were a bit short.

On the 18 manual though the 3.73 would be better as the new gearbox ratio's are longer than the outgoing gearbox so the shorter final drive 3.73 is more beneficial unless you intend on going power adder than 3.55 on MY18 manual is the sweet spot.

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
Not quite correct.

UK cars and exports are:

Automatic: 3.55 Torsen
Manual: 3.55 traction Lok

I believe is the case on the exports.

Whereas MY15-17 on exports was:

Automatic: 3.55 traction LOK
Manual: 3.55 traction LOK.

Export manuals don't get 3.73 torsen, on MY15-17 this was kind of good as the 3.73's were a bit short.

On the 18 manual though the 3.73 would be better as the new gearbox ratio's are longer than the outgoing gearbox so the shorter final drive 3.73 is more beneficial unless you intend on going power adder than 3.55 on MY18 manual is the sweet spot.
I agree about the manual needing 3.73 ratios.
The torsen in the auto and not in the manual (especially as they both run 3.55) doesn't make sense, where did you here the 2018 auto is getting a torsen

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The torsen in the auto and not in the manual (especially as they both run 3.55) doesn't make sense, where did you here the 2018 auto is getting a torsen
Top Gear said both models were getting Torsen branded diffs, so now I'm confused! Is there a leaked specifications list with the gearing on it for the UK?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
All PP 2018's automatics are 3.55 this time, US ones too and as such I believe Ford took the easy route and all ship with a 3.55 Torsen, including exports.

Manuals Ford did same again, 3.73 torsen for US PP and 3.55 traction Lok for exports.

Only way to truly tell is put an 18 on full lock and do circle at low speed you should be able to hear a torsen chunnering, whereas a traction lok will be silent.
Sponsored