So how was your Ford experience today?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Don't be to surprised if they fit a new bumper and then promptly drill it:lol::lol:
Sponsored

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
FFS:doh: they had two weeks time to change my wheels over while i was in south africa but only decided to do it today (pick up is this Thursday). The bolts that I supplied are too thick (top end) And i only found out about it when I emailed them today to tell them I would be in the dealership on Wednesday afternoon to pick up the stock wheels.

Thay are trying to get bolts that'll fit the new wheels. I was not keen on driving home on P-Zeros but will do it carefully if it comes down to it. I need to get my car away from there and in my garage...:frusty::frusty::frusty:
They managed to find other bolts that fits and have mounted the wheels. I have not seen them on the car yet. Tomorrow is the day. :D

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
They managed to find other bolts that fits and have mounted the wheels. I have not seen them on the car yet. Tomorrow is the day. :D
When you get a chance, remove one of the bolts and check the shoulder profile of the bolt with the seat in the wheel. I understood there can be a difference between Euro and US profiles in some cars. Anybody know more on this [MENTION=13889]djone101[/MENTION]?

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
The nuts are all a fairly standard tapered design. The usual issue (which this sounds like) is that the overall diameter of the nut and a socket won't fit down the bore of some aftermarket wheels so you have to go to a smaller design. These are often referred to as Tuner nuts. As long as the nut is a tapered M14 x 1.5 it will fit the stud. However not all nuts this size will fit an aftermarket wheel.

Hope that makes sense.....

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Took car in for first service which was ok..

Disappointed that they hadn't got the puddle light that they supposedly ordered weeks ago:frusty:

Sponsored

Aero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63 AMG Estate
They finally got my puddle light through about 8 weeks after I ordered it.

Apparently there's a shortage...:crazy:

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
My car was in last week for drivers seat cover replacement (only taken 7 months!) and puddle lights. Got the impression (and not for the first time) that the dealer didn't really give a s:censored:it and really would rather not have anything to do with Mustangs. On top of that the courtesy car I specifically requested wasn't booked (surprise, surprise) and when I did get one it was a crappy Fiesta with no fuel in the tank, no windscreen washer fluid and a big dent in the passenger door. On the positive side at least they managed to carry out the work (albeit in 2 days rather than the 1 promised), but that is the last time Evans Halshaw in Wolverhampton will see my car. Total waste of time.

Going into a different dealer next week for underseal and panel alignment. Let's hope they are a little more enthusiastic and competent - or they too will be named and shamed :thumbsup:

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
Which dealer is next on the list? How did you get them to agree to do underseal?!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My car was in last week for drivers seat cover replacement (only taken 7 months!) and puddle lights. Got the impression (and not for the first time) that the dealer didn't really give a s:censored:it and really would rather not have anything to do with Mustangs. On top of that the courtesy car I specifically requested wasn't booked (surprise, surprise) and when I did get one it was a crappy Fiesta with no fuel in the tank, no windscreen washer fluid and a big dent in the passenger door. On the positive side at least they managed to carry out the work (albeit in 2 days rather than the 1 promised), but that is the last time Evans Halshaw in Wolverhampton will see my car. Total waste of time.

Going into a different dealer next week for underseal and panel alignment. Let's hope they are a little more enthusiastic and competent - or they too will be named and shamed :thumbsup:
If it isn't too hard, go to Ford Birmingham, they've given me a bit of hassle, but generally they've been good with me since, they took a bit of learning curve, but they're taking it well and more lightening to the Mustang :headbang:

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Which dealer is next on the list? How did you get them to agree to do underseal?!
It's not so much the dealer agreeing to do it but Ford Warranty agreeing to do it. My underseal issue has been ongoing since about April (my car was one of the first into the country last December(2015)), so it's taken a while to get sorted. First they said they would do it, then they tried to change their mind. Obviously I got a little bit upset about that and a number of increasingly heated emails followed, culminating in the work (eventually) being done. I'm not sure how much luck people are having with more recent cars.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The underseal on my car has been an ongoing issue since about April. It's not so much the dealer agreeing to do it but Ford Warranty agreeing to do it. My underseal issue has been ongoing since about April (my car was one of the first into the country last December(2015)), so it's taken a while to get sorted. First they said they would do it, then they tried to change their mind. Obviously I got a little bit upset about that and a number of increasingly heated emails followed, culminating in the work (eventually) being done. I'm not sure how much luck people are having with more recent cars.
Got it done on mine... Legal note to dealership got them STRAIGHT onto it. :headbang: (this was after lawyering up against Ford centrally, admittedly losing but them advising to chase dealership, and that we did).

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Having just posted something up on the 'underseal' thread, I thought I'd put something here too for completeness.

After many months of chasing around, my underseal has eventually been done. Not only that, but I also received a very good level of service. I don't expect people to kiss my a:censored:se or anything, just do their job properly.

So hats off to Furrows in Telford who did a grand job - the kind of service not only Mustang customers should be getting, but anyone should be getting. My car has been with them since Monday and I picked it up at about 4.30pm today - just in time for a drive back in the snow!

The organisation and admin was all spot on (courtesy car booked and ready on Monday morning), the underseal work was carried out on time and well (from what I can see), and they also addressed some panel alignment issues (which they have done beautifully) and carried out the 12 month service.

It also felt like they were actually attentive and conscientious when dealing with me. I'd go so far as to say it has actually restored some of my faith in Ford. I shall be emailing the dealer tomorrow to thank them. What an unbelievable change from the previous dealings I've had (with a different dealer) - long may it continue.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Hard to have your faith in Ford restored when people still have to fight with individual dealers to get an underseal job. Either it needs doing or not.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Hard to have your faith in Ford restored when people still have to fight with individual dealers to get an underseal job. Either it needs doing or not.
My issues with underseal have mainly been with Ford Warranty - but yes, having to fight with anyone to get a proper job done is not right.

To be fair though, I did say 'some' faith. Certainly the overall level of service I've had this week has been WAY better than anything I've had up until now, so I'm hoping it's a sign that Ford and the dealers are getting their respective acts together. It'll take more than just a one-off improvement to completely regain trust, but I'm hoping that this is just the start of an on-going improvement - and not just for me, but for everyone who has been taken for a ride by Ford up until now.

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Yesterday I went to the local Ford dealer for a 10A micro fuse that I blew fitting LED boot light, the local factors did not stock them. Ford dealer quickly gave me one for free. They are not Mustang dealers & I have contacted them previously & because the don't do Mustangs would not help.
The supplying dealer was helpful in buying process & kept me informed but could not answer some questions. Ford customer service answered some technical questions but last time I asked about tyre pressure sensors responded that the don't do tech queries despite it being an option, "speak to your dealer".
Supplying dealer told me it would have a heated windscreen " Its a Ford". Seems UK cars dont have a heated screen they have SoundScreen presumably incompatible. Heated screen is documented as switch-able from touch screen.
I ordered the heated seats but it came without, whether that was a dealer or Ford mistake I dont know but I got a free service as compensation
Sponsored