Sponsored

So how was your Ford experience today?

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Had a phone call from my dealer (car, not drug). The original "Mustang guy" has left :clap2: to go to another brand and hopefully to find his arse and elbow. He's the one who insulted Karen and Stacey having owned up to the fact that he could have got info but "couldn't be arsed".

The new guy asked if everything was going OK with my car. I gave him the list we all have memorised (see posts passim), and commented that I'd documented them in the three surveys Ford had sent me, but with no follow up. He said 'yes, but apart from that; everything great'? Which of course it is.

His explanation for the various issues we have experienced was....

"Basically with the Mustang you are paying for an engine; everything else is potluck"

So, there we have it.
Err ...... I didn't see any mention of 'pot luck' on the sales material and funnily it wasn't mentioned by my dealer while I was handing over my money either. Was it part of the 'contract'? .... must have been in the small print of the small print, along with 'your car will have no underseal, it was designed that way' :D.

A crate engine from CJ's is roughly around £7500, so that leaves around £30k for 'pot luck' ..... that's an expensive raffle ticket!
Sponsored

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
Had a phone call out of the blue this morning after completing the Ford customer survey online. It was from the recently appointed New Car Sales Manager of the dealership in Bristol which had supplied my car and made a couple of significant errors along the way which I have documented here in a couple of threads.
He was very disappointed to hear my tales of woe and vowed to make the necessary improvement steps in his new role.
As a measure of goodwill I will get my first service free in a years time and a few goodies when I pop in to see him.
I've made him aware of this forum and it's refreshing to hear that someone actually wants to improve their customer relations. Watch this space

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Had a phone call out of the blue this morning after completing the Ford customer survey online. It was from the recently appointed New Car Sales Manager of the dealership in Bristol which had supplied my car and made a couple of significant errors along the way which I have documented here in a couple of threads.
He was very disappointed to hear my tales of woe and vowed to make the necessary improvement steps in his new role.
As a measure of goodwill I will get my first service free in a years time and a few goodies when I pop in to see him.
I've made him aware of this forum and it's refreshing to hear that someone actually wants to improve their customer relations. Watch this space ��
Well; all sounds positive; - free service at least!

Aero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63 AMG Estate
Well I got my first service done on Tuesday and it was a mostly positive experience with Allen Ford Northampton. :thumbsup:

Courtesy car was ready and waiting when I got there, warranty recall work and service were all done in a few hours and I also got given a reasonable quote for the smart repair of my bumper and alloy.

The only thing that wasn't sorted was them not having a replacement pony puddle light in stock, but I'll get that done at the same time as the smart repair so no big deal.

Ford servicing is very cheap though, particularly compared to what it cost me to have my Audi serviced!

All in all I was pleasantly surprised, particularly given some of the horror stories on here! :thumbsup: :)

Sponsored

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Well I got my first service done on Tuesday and it was a mostly positive experience with Allen Ford Northampton. :thumbsup:

Courtesy car was ready and waiting when I got there, warranty recall work and service were all done in a few hours and I also got given a reasonable quote for the smart repair of my bumper and alloy.

The only thing that wasn't sorted was them not having a replacement pony puddle light in stock, but I'll get that done at the same time as the smart repair so no big deal.

Ford servicing is very cheap though, particularly compared to what it cost me to have my Audi serviced!

All in all I was pleasantly surprised, particularly given some of the horror stories on here! :thumbsup: :)
What was the courtesy car?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well... i had a call from my dealership to discuss an ongoing thing (Will let you all know about it in due time) - And, that was really positive, hopefully it all follows through.

Spoke to my 'Bodyshop' who are sending me out puddle lamp back-ups, all dealt with over email :). Had all my details on file so didn't need to give other than Mileage etc.

So that makes a change to the previous expeirences i've had. Which is good. Just wish we could get a clear steer from ford centrally on certain issues.

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Rang up to chase warranty work on my bumper. Left light cluster touches he bumper and has rubbed paint off. Took it in on 14th September to request the work. Rang today and not even approved yet. He is going to chase but apparently that is just an email and will take at least 3 more weeks. So a warranty claim for paint requiring no parts takes 6-8 weeks to approve. Absolute joke. I have a feeling he never even put the claim through. Avoid TCH Peterborough. Not getting a lot of support from them at all.

Also waiting on a puddle lamp they have got but I want fitting at same time.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Rang up to chase warranty work on my bumper. Left light cluster touches he bumper and has rubbed paint off. Took it in on 14th September to request the work. Rang today and not even approved yet. He is going to chase but apparently that is just an email and will take at least 3 more weeks. So a warranty claim for paint requiring no parts takes 6-8 weeks to approve. Absolute joke. I have a feeling he never even put the claim through. Avoid TCH Peterborough. Not getting a lot of support from them at all.

Also waiting on a puddle lamp they have got but I want fitting at same time.
When I complained to the crc, and had it esecalated, the crc chased everything for me.
Had dealerships call me straight after the crc had hit them. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
So, on Wednesday morning, just as we were leaving our final hotel on our tour (near Nijmegen), starts the car and get the 'change engine oil soon' warning on the dash, car had 6900 miles on the clock.

Called a new 'FordStore' which has opened up recently near my location, Evans Halshaw in Motherwell, initially to chat to someone re warranty on this issue. Got passed onto what seems like the norm these days, a call centre, to book the car in. They wouldn't give me a time slot, just 'what time can you bring it in, we'll need it all day'!!

No amount of, polite, requests to allocate a slot, had any effect. What really irks me is the fact that initial contact is always to be put through to a non technical person, who only deals with admin.

Anyway, car booked in on Monday, lets see how well they do, after reading all there blurb re customer satisfaction. At the minute I'm not particularly satisfied, although I'll have to give them a chance I suppose. Maybe I'm just a bit grumpy because my holiday has all but finished :shrug:

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
At just before 2900 miles i too got the 'change oil soon' warning yesterday. I still have the loom recall outstanding too as the garage weren't helpful with that when i enquired about it a month ago. They insisted i needed to leave the car half a day, and were going to charge me for a loan car.

But now with 2 issues, i thought i would try to get them soted together, so i called my garage service department today and they just didnt answer. So i called the direct dial number of the salesman who sold me the car. What a difference. he was very helpful, and has arranged for me to drop in, have both issues sorted in a 1 hour slot next Friday while i wait. If only everyone at the garage had the same desire to be helpful. Of course they still need to do the work, but at least i feel a bit more positive about things.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I have a positive non Mustang, but ford related story.

Guy I work with opened his Transit custom door and the wind took hold of it and pretty much ripped it off its hinges. There is paint damage to the door and a massive dent and paint damage to the wing. Our fleet company initially put it through as an insurance claim, but ford have said that it is to be done under warranty. Van is just under 3 years old.

Thought that was pretty good of them. I know there is a TSB for these doors as it's a known issue. It's almost happened to me a few times but I have managed to catch it before it fully opens.

RSPcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. Mini 30. Q5
The oil lamp warning light issue appears to possibly be a PDI problem. The car thinks its had the oil in since it was built which it has however its then taking several months to get to the dealer at which point on pdi the system should be reset its not being done hence early change warnings.
Mine came on at 4600 miles despite it having had two oil changes.Reset in systems menu and will leave it now until service due on time interval.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
They wouldn't give me a time slot, just 'what time can you bring it in, we'll need it all day'!!

No amount of, polite, requests to allocate a slot, had any effect. What really irks me is the fact that initial contact is always to be put through to a non technical person, who only deals with admin.

Anyway, car booked in on Monday, lets see how well they do, after reading all there blurb re customer satisfaction. At the minute I'm not particularly satisfied, although I'll have to give them a chance I suppose. Maybe I'm just a bit grumpy because my holiday has all but finished :shrug:
I think it's a bit harsh to expect to be given a time slot. Whenever I take car in (BMW or whatever) it's kind of a given that they have the car the whole day. Can imagine be very difficult to arrange a specific time slot as can only approximate how long other jobs will take. Plus wouldn't want them to rush any work on my car to meet a time slot.
Sponsored