Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
While I do believe the Camaro is the best bang for the buck currently, I cannot get past the styling (subjective I know) or the lack of visibility (test driven several).

At the end of the day you have to like what you bought and buying a Camaro to me would be purely due to specs. I believe I'd regret it every time I saw a Mustang which to me looks much nicer.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
It comes down to a few thing when it comes to deciding 1le or PP2. Both cars have their pros and cons and it's going to be a hard decision for many.

1 what is more important all out performance at the track or everyday drivability? The 1le will likely win all out performance and the PP2 will likely be the best at everyday drivability. Tires can be swaped, vision and space can't change so please don't argue tires.

2. Looks, some love the looks of the Camaro but for many its kinda dated. Looks too close to the prior model to me and the rear end is gaudy. Others think it is aggressive and very well done. Imo the Mustang has the most evolved looks and to many wins that battle but others will say the refresh hurt it.

In all reality these 2 categories r likley going to decide what people purchase. While it might not have coolers its a damn good ride which is why I would lie toward PP2.

Imo the Mustang is the best of both worlds and the Camaro is the track monster. Take ur pic.

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
was at the dealer yesterday, my guy there races mustangs, owns three of them, but he didnt have any info on this other than what we have. However as we discussed what Im going to order he did not recommend this package for me due to the tires, unless I bought a separate set of wheels and and put tires on it to drive daily. He did say they are great when it is warm and on a track but here in colorado below 50 degrees he said I wouldnt like them much. Although I want a auto transmisison anyway. For what I want I don’t even know if Ill order the performance package now.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
was at the dealer yesterday, my guy there races mustangs, owns three of them, but he didnt have any info on this other than what we have. However as we discussed what Im going to order he did not recommend this package for me due to the tires, unless I bought a separate set of wheels and and put tires on it to drive daily. He did say they are great when it is warm and on a track but here in colorado below 50 degrees he said I wouldnt like them much. Although I want a auto transmisison anyway. For what I want I don’t even know if Ill order the performance package now.
Have to get the option you will actually use. If you are not going to track the car...then the PP2 is not a option. You are basically going to never use the car for what it was meant for. The tires probably would not be the best in cooler temps as well. So your looking at another set of tires to run for colder temps, just as your bud said.

I had the means and a chance to get a R, but I knew that was to much track car for me. I would maybe hit the track twice a year....The R being what it is would have been waaaay over the top. So I went with the non R and could not be happier.

Sometimes you really need to step back and just honestly decide "why am I buying this" if you answer truthfully, you will never second guess your decision or regret it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Have to get the option you will actually use. If you are not going to track the car...then the PP2 is not a option. You are basically going to never use the car for what it was meant for. The tires probably would not be the best in cooler temps as well. So your looking at another set of tires to run for colder temps, just as your bud said.

I had the means and a chance to get a R, but I knew that was to much track car for me. I would maybe hit the track twice a year....The R being what it is would have been waaaay over the top. So I went with the non R and could not be happier.

Sometimes you really need to step back and just honestly decide "why am I buying this" if you answer truthfully, you will never second guess your decision or regret it.
Agreed. Cars like the GT350 and the 1LE are for the 10% of the car enthusiast market. Which is already a nitche market. And the majority of buyers for these type of cars will likely never see a road course. Or worse yet will wind up drag racing the thing once or twice before realizing they bought a car that beats them up as a DD.:shrug:

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Yeh I have done a lot of soul searching on this, was going to get one this last year but kids college got in the way so spring 18 for me now. But I already spend big on dirt bike racing around the west so I just need a fun daily driver think the Auto with the Black out is what Im looking at. Ill put new wheels an tires on it when the oem ones run out. Might look at PP1 for the magride but again ill never really use it.

RonnieSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SVT Lighting , 2018 GT350
41k is allot of money for that Stone Age 2 valve flintstone motor.
But don't worry by the time your valves get gunked you can buy a new one for 32k when GM has another 20 percent off sale !!! I think it's funny that a base 5.0 has a superior engine than a loaded corvette costing twice a much! Wake up GM and build a real engine!
You messed up the new coyote probably makes 50 hp more under the curve and with the PP2 is going to smoke your A(SS) !

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
The Autoweek story on this says:

"But Ford claims that the package isn’t for track days. That job is for the Shelby-branded Mustangs. And, at the other end of the spectrum, it’s a little too hardcore for daily use. Instead, the new package is aimed directly at enthusiasts who enjoy storming down, or up, a winding road."

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/got-grip-2018-ford-mustang-gt-offers-performance-pack-level-2

Make of that what you will. All I know is I track my '16 PP1 that is pretty much stock other than wheels/tires, certainly no additional cooling, and have yet to have a problem with it.

joec63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB
The Autoweek story on this says:

"But Ford claims that the package isn’t for track days. That job is for the Shelby-branded Mustangs. And, at the other end of the spectrum, it’s a little too hardcore for daily use. Instead, the new package is aimed directly at enthusiasts who enjoy storming down, or up, a winding road."

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/got-grip-2018-ford-mustang-gt-offers-performance-pack-level-2

Make of that what you will. All I know is I track my '16 PP1 that is pretty much stock other than wheels/tires, certainly no additional cooling, and have yet to have a problem with it.

Enthusiasts better act fast, as Ford plans to limit availability to just 1,500 Level 2 Packs per model year
This part is more worrisome. Will dealers start charging a premium? Hopefully not.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
This part is more worrisome. Will dealers start charging a premium? Hopefully not.
If that's the case then I'll just say screw it and get a GT350.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
With Ford dealers anything is possible. Bunch of crooks. Most anyway

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
iv got a 2015 gt that iv been tossing around the idea of trading in for this. but honestly if they're gonna limit its production and make it annoying to acquire and potentially have dealers tach on some extra money a 1le could be a better buy unfortunately
Sponsored