Sponsored

Silverstone

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Will try and remember being the first driver of the day. I've got an ecoboost demo being handed to me for the day. I'm hopeful of a manual [emoji110]. But regardless, I don't care because I'll be on Silverstone in a Mustang [emoji41] [emoji41].

See you lads there! McDonald's 5mins up the road for anyone who wants to have a mustang drive through (+ corsa) lol!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If it is there car, just stay out full 40 minutes, if it breaks not your issue and will be a good test on how robust these cars are in such conditions. Only slow down or come off if you start to feel tired, you will be amazed how quickly you tire track driving if your pushing on due to concentration levels involved. That is why I have huge respect for professional racers who race for hours and have to keep 100% concentration.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If it is there car, just stay out full 40 minutes, if it breaks not your issue and will be a good test on how robust these cars are in such conditions. Only slow down or come off if you start to feel tired, you will be amazed how quickly you tire track driving if your pushing on due to concentration levels involved. That is why I have huge respect for professional racers who race for hours and have to keep 100% concentration.
It is their car, a 2.3L as well, perfect for me, gives me a lot of very handy driving experience in the 2.3.
I will be pushing it to it's limits after maybe 10minutes normal driving having got used to it. But after that first 10 minutes when i'm used to the track and the car (somewhat), you'll see me hammering it down the straighs (More than I will in the 10 minutes), i can't imagine coming in after 20 mins and resting, i'll try and stay out there the full 40 minutes, don't worry, I maybe one of the only people attending from the forum driving the 2.3 (Unless Kristian is?), So might be able to drop the only review of a 2.3 on the track with morning dew about haha!

I'm having to leave the house at half 6 to get there for this event... So concerntration, can't be promised, i'm sure the excitement will have me awake at the crack of dawn!

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I know one thing, I will be taking it very easy.
I would much rather be the slowest person on the day than leave the tarmac in any shape or form. This will be a nice gentle intro to track days for me.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is their car, a 2.3L as well, perfect for me, gives me a lot of very handy driving experience in the 2.3.
I will be pushing it to it's limits after maybe 10minutes normal driving having got used to it. But after that first 10 minutes when i'm used to the track and the car (somewhat), you'll see me hammering it down the straighs (More than I will in the 10 minutes), i can't imagine coming in after 20 mins and resting, i'll try and stay out there the full 40 minutes, don't worry, I maybe one of the only people attending from the forum driving the 2.3 (Unless Kristian is?), So might be able to drop the only review of a 2.3 on the track with morning dew about haha!

I'm having to leave the house at half 6 to get there for this event... So concerntration, can't be promised, i'm sure the excitement will have me awake at the crack of dawn!

Forget the straights, if the instructor is willing and lets you put it in sports/race mode bury the loud pedal on the slower corner exits where there is plenty of run off, you will learn in-valuable RWD handling experience.

In short once you hit the apex and if you want to be naughty give it plenty of throttle before or as your dialling out the steering lock, should easily provoke a rear-end slide and you will feel the differential shuffling power from side to side. This is naughty and if the instructor thinks you are useless he will tell you off.

The correct way is brake in a straight line, then hold steady throttle and turn into the apex, make sure you get the apex and then as your reducing steering lock (exiting corner) be gradually increasing throttle and go full throttle once all 4 wheels are straight. Doing this will keep you out of trouble, if you try grabbing to much throttle before apex you will go wide and too much after apex you will oversteer.

SLOW IN, FAST OUT best way but if your handy you should never be off the throttle or brake, so hard braking into apex (trail braking) and in the throttle the moment you come off the brake, never be cruising if your on it. But if conditions are wet most will be cruising into corners, myself included not worth risking it on Pzero in wet conditions.

Have fun and don't spin. :D

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Forget the straights, if the instructor is willing and lets you put it in sports/race mode bury the loud pedal on the slower corner exits where there is plenty of run off, you will learn in-valuable RWD handling experience.

In short once you hit the apex and if you want to be naughty give it plenty of throttle before or as your dialling out the steering lock, should easily provoke a rear-end slide and you will feel the differential shuffling power from side to side. This is naughty and if the instructor thinks you are useless he will tell you off.

The correct way is brake in a straight line, then hold steady throttle and turn into the apex, make sure you get the apex and then as your reducing steering lock (exiting corner) be gradually increasing throttle and go full throttle once all 4 wheels are straight. Doing this will keep you out of trouble, if you try grabbing to much throttle before apex you will go wide and too much after apex you will oversteer.

SLOW IN, FAST OUT best way but if your handy you should never be off the throttle or brake, so hard braking into apex (trail braking) and in the throttle the moment you come off the brake, never be cruising if your on it. But if conditions are wet most will be cruising into corners, myself included not worth risking it on Pzero in wet conditions.

Have fun and don't spin. :D

I've done plenty of driving in AWD's and FWD's on tracks, i've never touched a rear wheel drive. So fully understand the Brake, turn in at steady pace, accelerate out the corner (once wheels are lined up), principle.

We'll see how it goes, i'll definitley be pushing the car as much as possible to find out things I wouldn't learn doing on the streets :).

What time were you arriving again matey?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've done plenty of driving in AWD's and FWD's on tracks, i've never touched a rear wheel drive. So fully understand the Brake, turn in at steady pace, accelerate out the corner (once wheels are lined up), principle.

We'll see how it goes, i'll definitley be pushing the car as much as possible to find out things I wouldn't learn doing on the streets :).

What time were you arriving again matey?
My slot is 11:15, but I am gonna set off at 08:30 just in case traffic is bad, so best case I get there around 10:00 and worse case 11:00

Don't mind hanging around with a load of Mustang Enthusiast but I need to get away quick as got meeting at 15:00 in Birmingham.

rusgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE
Just got my email, I will be there for the 10:15 am slot.

Adrian Flux £185 for the insurance... I haven't confirmed. Excess is £2,750.

What's the thinking, go without insurance?

new23d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback V8 Manual, Race Red
My slot is 11:15, but I am gonna set off at 08:30 just in case traffic is bad, so best case I get there around 10:00 and worse case 11:00

Don't mind hanging around with a load of Mustang Enthusiast but I need to get away quick as got meeting at 15:00 in Birmingham.
Would I have liked to show up at meetings after a track experience and testosterone through the roof ;)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

No insurance for me, done 100 track days and more, I don't intend to start crashing now. If its wet I shall just pootle around, if it is dry I will go for it. :D

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

For 40 mins, on a trackday with a bunch of owners of brand new Mustangs, each with an instructor sat next to them, and with an excess of almost £3K....absolutely!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

You'll probably see me having just finished my lap, my time finished at 10:30, but i'll hang around for a bit afterwards for photo's etc (Not photo's of me, of the cars lol!)
[MENTION=18671]rusgb[/MENTION] see you there mate :)

I'll be around from 08:00am until probably noon-ish (Depends how annoyed the girlfriend gets!).

I'm goign without insurance, but not my car so not my problem lol, i'm not going to crash it, i can promise you that.

Without insurance any crashes on your car, to another car, injuries to instructor, yourself, bystanders, are your risk and monetary loss should they occur. Totally your call what you do as it's your life and money at the end of the day :)

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
You'll probably see me having just finished my lap, my time finished at 10:30, but i'll hang around for a bit afterwards for photo's etc (Not photo's of me, of the cars lol!)
[MENTION=18671]rusgb[/MENTION] see you there mate :)

I'll be around from 08:00am until probably noon-ish (Depends how annoyed the girlfriend gets!).

I'm goign without insurance, but not my car so not my problem lol, i'm not going to crash it, i can promise you that.

Without insurance any crashes on your car, to another car, injuries to instructor, yourself, bystanders, are your risk and monetary loss should they occur. Totally your call what you do as it's your life and money at the end of the day :)
It's a weird setup because normally UK tracks within reason have insurance for damage occurring on a track day to their property because 9 times out of 10 track day insurance will only cover YOUR car.....no one elses if you should hit them, no personal claim by a passenger etc. So I think it will be difficult to find an insurance that covers everything you have just listed.
Sponsored