Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015 does this sometimes. I simply press the memory button on the driver’s door and it stops.
Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Happened sometimes on my 2019 Premium.

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Just last week I started the car (I use easy exit/entry) but wanted to get out to put something in the mail box so I slid my seat back. When I got back in the car I hit the memory button and the DS mirror goes all the way to the left. I usually hit the mirror button to stop it. I hit the memory button again to fix it and it goes all the way to the right. Lol

Chuck2810

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible Eco-Boost
My 2015 has the same demons...

Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
2015 401a. Right side mirror

harmonica2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It's happening quite often on my '19 Bullitt. Usually the right side, but sometimes the left.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Damn, glad not to be the only one with this stupid issue, but it SUCKS to have it, especially since it's been happening for YEARS. Geez. Anyway, it happened to my new Bullitt (350 miles) yesterday, after I replaced the stock battery with an identical AGM. All presets and window auto-up/down were retained. I tried to see if seat memories were retained, clicked the #3, and that's what it happened on the left mirror (glass all the way up). Caught me off guard; told myself 'what the hell is happening?' Ha ha. Clicked the left button and then one of the arrows and it stopped, but it bounced at least 10 times, by the time I figure out what to do. Hope there's no damage to the motor or gears. I hardly ever move the mirrors, so hope they last. I was going to program the mirrors down on memory #3 since I couldn't program 'reverse tilt' in my car (tried, but didn't work).

Anyway, I never linked any fobs either, but are they maybe linked from the factory? And when you 'erase' the linking, somebody said to keep memory button pressed until a second click is heard, and then press the 'unlock button'...but they didn't say if the door unlock button, or the remote unlock button. Which one is it?

And finally, if it's the BCM, should we try resetting it with FORScan? I made some changes recently, but nothing like this happened. Oh, and today, my freaking LED reverse bulb I just installed was lit, while the engine idled warming up (to learn the fuel trims, since battery was disconnected for a day). But the reverse camera wasn't turned on. Put car in reverse with just the ignition, and camera and light on, but after removing reverse, light stayed on. Went to do some errands, and was going to replace it, thinking maybe the LEDs were partially on (some are), and the damn bulb was off then. Put ignition and reverse, and light and camera on, reverse off, and both off.. What the hell happened? Did my car get possessed? Geez.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The attached SSM 49217 should help with the side mirror malfunctions:

Attachments

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you for that. Incredible that took Ford 6 freaking years to fix that. Damn. Of course my car has that. I reset the PDM, and hasn't done it again. I won't take my car to a dealer just for that, but at least I know what the problem is, and that there's a solution. By the way, is there a way to fix that via FORScan? I don't think so, but doesn't hurt to ask :). Thank you.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
bringing in mine next Wed, lets hope they try the above SSM to fix it, or whatever they have to do.
Sponsored