Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
All well and good that you "knew better" or could care less because you don't need a fancy radio, but Ford obviously felt one of two things:

1) People who spend 60K on a Mustang want Nav and a cool ass (I autocrossed this past weekend, and though no limp mode was hit, my cold ass on the drive home was well appreciated). They also bought this 60K Mustang because it's supposed to be capable on a realrace track, and for the 10 that sit in the garage, 1 might actually race and it would really suck to get called out for what they're getting called out for now. So they fixed it.

2) (Highly unlikely) Someone at Ford went "Full Oprah" and started handing out cooler-equipped transmissions and rear diff coolers to all GT350s coming down the line all for the grace of good. Again, they fixed it.

But the fact is, whatever the reason, they fixed it for 2017...and alienated everyone else who trusted Ford with their money on this car. It isn't like the GT350 went up in price either. That's another kicker....

Nonetheless, this still leaves out the ones that bought a '15-'16 I guess, and it's especially hard for those who paid HUGE ADMs on the '15s. Even with that low build number, this could make that resale value suffer beyond what's tolerable.

I had a '14 GT with the track pack before this car...It came with coolers too. It also required 5W50 motor oil. Strange...considering there are no differences to the engine otherwise from other GTs of that year. And in '15...That requirement went away for Track Pack cars...Ford required that full synthetic to protect itself against the possibility that drivers who track raced their car might have engine issues. I see a lot of similarity with this issue here....
How do you know ford fixed it for 2017.
Maybe. Just maybe they found a way to save some money by offering one model of the GT350 and not a base, tech and track.
You also stated you did not hit limp mode.
The engine is not the cause of limp mode it's the trans. Some people fail to see this.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Maybe. Just maybe they found a way to save some money by offering one model of the GT350 and not a base, tech and track.
The engine is not the cause of limp mode it's the trans. Some people fail to see this.
If this were true it would've happened from the beginning, guaranteed.

I don't think anybody has claimed the engine causing the limp mode issue.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
The people crying about resale values.
90% of the public and 100% of the dealers don't even know about limp mode. Let alone the difference between a base, tech and track pack.
You guys live in fairy land.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
The people crying about resale values.
90% of the public and 100% of the dealers don't even know about limp mode. Let alone the difference between a base, tech and track pack.
You guys live in fairy land.
This is also funny because a lot of track pack guys think their cars will be worth more because of this issue. They bring it up quite a bit how much lower Tech cars resale value will be.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
But how will Ford know if only a few have actually documented limp mode under normal driving conditions and had the dealer verify? Thats why i have said from the beginig, Document and have vehicle serviced.
I do agree with this as well. If you hit limp mode get into the dealer and make sure they document it as such. Otherwise it will be much harder to get anything rolling as far as more complete solution tho the issue.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
This is also funny because a lot of track pack guys think their cars will be worth more because of this issue. They bring it up quite a bit how much lower Tech cars resale value will be.
I'm a track owner and I never thought my car would be worth any more then a base or tech.
My dealer offered me $50k for my car I told him absolutely not. At the time it had 271 miles on it.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I'm a track owner and I never thought my car would be worth any more then a base or tech.
My dealer offered me $50k for my car I told him absolutely not. At the time it had 271 miles on it.

I wasn't saying you specifically have, but it has come here a lot in the past.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
How did they fix it? EVERY model has the coolers. That's how.

How is that a money saver? Are you thinking this is based on volume deals with suppliers? Maybe Ford bought more than they thought they'd need...I don't know, but the fact remains...They decided to include them on every model. Why not do that with the '15s and '16s? It isn't because they 'felt' people would be happy buying this kind of car without them. Even the marketing alludes to getting R or TP cars for more focused track use, but even so, the GT350 itself is designed for performance over and above the GT, right?

Also, I'm pretty sure NO ONE who bought a Tech or base was told by their dealer that they should really consider a track if they EVER want to get their car out on a race track, or any of these folks who took advantage of Ford's offer to attend a track were told while sitting on that track that they should sell their base/tech if they really want to do this type of thing with their own car.

Besides, doesn't it take a new transmission to get the trans cooler? Am I missing something here? it simply isn't as easy as "adding coolers". If it were, I don't think this would be that much of an issue...At least for me it wouldn't be.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
How did they fix it? EVERY model has the coolers. That's how.

How is that a money saver? Are you thinking this is based on volume deals with suppliers? Maybe Ford bought more than they thought they'd need...I don't know, but the fact remains...They decided to include them on every model. Why not do that with the '15s and '16s? It isn't because they 'felt' people would be happy buying this kind of car without them. Even the marketing alludes to getting R or TP cars for more focused track use, but even so, the GT350 itself is designed for performance over and above the GT, right?

Also, I'm pretty sure NO ONE who bought a Tech or base was told by their dealer that they should really consider a track if they EVER want to get their car out on a race track, or any of these folks who took advantage of Ford's offer to attend a track were told while sitting on that track that they should sell their base/tech if they really want to do this type of thing with their own car.

Besides, doesn't it take a new transmission to get the trans cooler? Am I missing something here? it simply isn't as easy as "adding coolers". If it were, I don't think this would be that much of an issue...At least for me it wouldn't be.
Most people dont track there car even on a car like this most people will never track them. Its perfectly reasonable for a manufacture to offer a lower price point by removing features people wont use.

If you rely on a dealer to inform you on a car purchase you will never have the correct information. If someone has to tell you to get the Track if you want to track I think is unreasonable. If you knew the track package existed and you didnt get it you cant blame ford.

They had 2 models for the people who want to track. The Track and the R.

No you can add a cooler to the existing tech transmission. Adding coolers to this car is the same as every other car.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
But how will Ford know if only a few have actually documented limp mode under normal driving conditions and had the dealer verify? Thats why i have said from the beginig, Document and have vehicle serviced.
EXACTLY:headbang::cheers::lol:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Ive actually wondered why some people seemed reluctant to bring them in. I dont know how a lawsuit will work if they get the records from ford and the records show very few service calls.

Though one could say ford told dealers to not document them.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Though one could say ford told dealers to not document them.
Certainly a possibility from what others have posted here. I'll demand documentation.:thumbsup:

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
I sold my Tech 2 days before the lawsuit came out for $51k. I think I got a deal. I am sure there is no way I could get that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.