Sponsored

SCCA F-Street Setup. What's Everyone Done so Far?

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I really hope some good shock options come out during the offseason for these.
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Step 1 - bought car - completed 10/14
Dos - loan car to Koni for damper development - next week
III - ?
D - Profit
OUTSTANDING on the Koni damper development loan. I was too far away otherwise I would have loaned mine.

Oh, and welcome to the S550 autocrosser club.

boileralum

cone junky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP DIB
Thanks, Dick! I was considering waiting until I could drive a 2016 Camaro, but when I talked to Lee and found out they still needed help w/ the Mustang, and ASAP, it was an easy call to make. Car makes me giddy every time I drive it, I hope that doesn't wear off any time soon.

lostwon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z51 7 Speed
Alignment, again...

Finally made time to get the alignment fiddled with.

Front was pretty easy, if time consuming. Ended up with -2.2 degrees camber up front, with a skosh of toe out. (-1/16" total). Factory settings were -1.1 Left, -1.4 Right, and 0 toe total.

Rear camber looked easy, at first. Factory was set -1.3 Left, -1.6 Right camber, and 1/8" toe in. Ended with -2.0 degrees camber both sides and 1/8" toe in. Camber and toe adjustments constantly interacting, and took some patience to get the toe in without driving camber too far negative. It would go as far as -2.6 real easy.

Have a feeling I'll be revisiting the rear; as it was just a wild ass guess. No real experience with this interesting set of angles yet. Next event next Sunday. Raced a Corvette C5 Z06 back in the day, and remember using a lot of rear toe in on short courses; but then it was easily adjustable at the track.

Regret I forgot to see if driver weight affected anything. I weigh about 245.
Anybody else notice? Also, later got to wondering if the factory 0.3 degrees camber difference left to right front and rear was coincidence or not? Keep the thread alive, STP or not! Looks like STP brings new opportunities, and of course, new problems. Don't have the budget to follow new trends every year. May just stay put in FS, if the local competiton does. (No competition = no fun.)

Best Regards,
John

Sponsored

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Finally made time to get the alignment fiddled with.

Also, later got to wondering if the factory 0.3 degrees camber difference left to right front and rear was coincidence or not?

Best Regards,
John
They do this to deal with road crown :)

boileralum

cone junky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP DIB
Most shops use caster for that, but I guess that's a bit harder on a macstrut car.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
John, My car came with about 1/4 degree more negative camber on the left side front and rear and after the FS legal camber mod still has the same 1/4 more neg in the left front. This is without driver doing it at home with shims to level the garage floor. I haven't changed the rear from the delivered -1.7 LR and -1.5 RR. Rear toe is about 3/32 total. Due to measurement error (i.e. dumb me) Front toe out has been about 1/8 inch all season when I intended to have a little toe-in. (String alignment and brain fade). Got a set of toe plates last week and found my error and confirmed that the string problem was "me". I'll probably take the car to a local performance alignment shop this winter just to get some real measurements and see if they can find more legal front negative camber. My front camber is about -2.5 LF and -2.25 RF.

thevillageidiot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT premium with PP 6speed
Are 18s now legal for FS? and what Offset do we have to run? Apex wheels just finished their test fittings and their 18s fit our cars.

ABQautoxer

Autox Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
ET38 is the min we can run, max doesnt matter because of the big brakes you'll be in the sub ET42 range is my guess. 18's have been legal since the car was classed, all part of the Street class setup in 2014.

Sponsored

thevillageidiot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ET38 is the min we can run, max doesnt matter because of the big brakes you'll be in the sub ET42 range is my guess. 18's have been legal since the car was classed, all part of the Street class setup in 2014.
even of PP cars?

thevillageidiot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shame, because apexs 18x9 apparently clear our breaks. but the offset is is 30mm and their 18x9.5 rears are 35 :(. which means their a no go correct? :(. I'm new to the mustang game, coming from a BRZ in STX class makes things little different i guess haha.

ABQautoxer

Autox Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If you came from STX, forget everything you read in section 14, start reading section 13 of the rulebook. Correct, ET38 for PP fronts, ET45.5 for PP rears. (I ran STX in an RX8 and BRZ)

thevillageidiot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
are their any 18s that we can run in FS? Jesus this is rough
Sponsored