SA Mustangs

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Congrats! I wandered down to Stillwell's last night and there was a Magnetic GT in the window - mostly hidden by a car cover. I presume that's yours.

Went back today and there is now a white GT with blue stripes there too (pics taken through the window as the dealership is closed on Sunday):
I thought white would not suit the Mustang, didn't like the Nickle Lustre wheels and was not a fan of OTT stripes.....Until I saw that.

That is awesome
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
That's the best looking local 'stang that I've seen thus far.

Wouldn't mind finding out where those stripes came from (especially considering that our cars are apparently turning up without fading OTT stripes as ordered). They suit it perfectly and I may need to look at aftermarket options.

:thumbsup:

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
I thought white would not suit the Mustang, didn't like the Nickle Lustre wheels and was not a fan of OTT stripes.....Until I saw that.

That is awesome
That car looks like a real Muscle Car - Bloody fantastic.

They are not the 'factory fitted' stripes.

It would be good to know who supplied and fitted these stripes.
Looks like a first class job.

Coyote4730

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0L Race Red - in August hopefully

That is awesome
Agreed. Would love to see a pic from the front.

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
Post deleted to due to false hope and short lived excitement, and not reading the aforementioned posts carefully.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Fantastic to finally see a GT with Stripes - Have ordered Stripes with mine and I'm rather excited to see that they are not the fading variety :)
If you ordered factory stripes they are most certainly of the fading variety.

Those above are not factory stripes.

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Fantastic to finally see a GT with Stripes - Have ordered Stripes with mine and I'm rather excited to see that they are not the fading variety :)
Drewbo,

You ordered the factory OTT Stripes.
Have you had any confirmation as to the type, ie., solid stripes as pictured here or the faded stripes as depicted on the Ford brochures?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Drewbo,

You ordered the factory OTT Stripes.
Have you had any confirmation as to the type, ie., solid stripes as pictured here or the faded stripes as depicted on the Ford brochures?
Dealer advised that they are fading stripes - and are only offered in black (ebony) or silver.

The cars turning up in the UK with factory OTT stripes also have the fading version.

However, in another thread [MENTION=14744]ivonovi[/MENTION] is claiming that local cars are turning up without stripes fitted at all - still waiting to hear more details about that.

:shrug:

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
However, in another thread [MENTION=14744]ivonovi[/MENTION] is claiming that local cars are turning up without stripes fitted at all - still waiting to hear more details about that.

:shrug:
This might be the first Ford oversight that I might be thankful for - if the case then Im going to have a chat with my dealer :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
This might be the first Ford oversight that I might be thankful for - if the case then Im going to have a chat with my dealer :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Not sure if you ordered a Triple Yellow, @jumby (just assuming from your avatar), but here is a RHD TY GT with factory OTT stripes:

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords

That is awesome
Gnome...my thoughts exactly on each of those points...it sure does look good....

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Gnome...my thoughts exactly on each of those points...it sure does look good....
Would also look awesome with the black wheels - white is certainly a versatile colour for this car. The clear tail lights don't look like an afterthought at all.

:thumbsup:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Congrats! I wandered down to Stillwell's last night and there was a Magnetic GT in the window - mostly hidden by a car cover. I presume that's yours.

Went back today and there is now a white GT with blue stripes there too (pics taken through the window as the dealership is closed on Sunday):

Nice. I was tossing up between this exact combo and the Black I ardered. The only reason I didn't get this is the wife told me 'you already got the cobra, ya don't need another ' :). I'm mega happy with my choice. ...but I can never get enough of Cobra :hail::hail::hail:

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Bob, I agonised over the colour for ages when I put my order in. I bailed out on the family for a few hours and took a taxi to a Ford dealer in Honolulu when I was on holiday in Hawaii, and saw a few different combinations but no white ones at all. If I had seen that I may have changed my mind, but still happy with my choice. Looks a lot better than the fade out stripes. Looking at the plates I guess it is a customer car, some one will be a very happy new owner with that:thumbsup:

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I could never own a white car, but I can appreciate a nice one.....I think it was OZS550 who posted a while back that these cars just look damn nice in any of their colours...he is right....and I agree with Drew....it would like nice with the black wheels as well.
Sponsored