justa16yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shamar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT w/Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2016 Mustang GT Premium w/Performance Pack, and I think my car has the infamous evaporator core leak, my ac went out Wednesday and it’s blowing warm air on the drivers side and colder air on the passenger side. I was wondering what is the steps to remove the dash and replace the evaporator core, how easy/difficult is it, what’s all needed and how long would it take?

IMG_4270.jpeg

IMG_3784.jpeg

IMG_4307.jpeg
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Here you go.
The files reference one another. Start with no. 1 and them use them in the order of their names.
If I missed one (i.e. you find a reference to a procedure that I didn't include here), please let me know, and I will attach that as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost

mustangdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
This sounds like it could be a blend door problem. If some of the vents are blowing cold that
means the system is working but air distribution is incorrect. R+R of an evaporator is too big
of a job to be guessing.

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
This sounds like it could be a blend door problem. If some of the vents are blowing cold that
means the system is working but air distribution is incorrect. R+R of an evaporator is too big
of a job to be guessing.
Check the refrigerant pressures, if they are normal, then it may be a blend door problem. If the charge is low, then you've got a leak. On mine, there was a definite diference in temperature between the driver side and the passenger side and it was for sure a leaking evaporator.
Sponsored