S. Koreans say they'll buy American when cars are good enough

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
If you trim out a Sorento to be comparable to the 4Runner it will be close to the same price with nowhere near the capability, quality, or resale value of the 4Runner.

Now if you compare the Sorento to the Highlander, it becomes closer in price, but the Highlander doesn't come in a trim a stripped as the KIA so you still won't come in as cheap. There again, the Highlander has much higher resale value.
With that logic - what kind of damned fool would option out a Kia to cost as much as a more reputable brand, equally optioned out vehicle? IMO if that kind of research isn't done before purchase, they deserve to get burned on that mistake.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You're comparing a mid $20k suv to a $40k+ SUV. I wouldn't believe the difference in quality in either. :crazy:[/QUOTE

First off the kia was around 30k, the toy around 40. Secondly, I didnt say it was either. I simply stated she couldnt believe the difference in quality. Sorry if you couldn't follow along. :headbonk:

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
With that logic - what kind of damned fool would option out a Kia to cost as much as a more reputable brand, equally optioned out vehicle? IMO if that kind of research isn't done before purchase, they deserve to get burned on that mistake.
True! LOL:lol:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I cant argue that, because your correct. She bought that 2 wheel drive turd before we got together. :headbang:

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I'd buy one of the new optimas, they seem really nice. My roommate just picked up a stripper Kia Soul to haul his kid around and commute in for 13k new with a 10yr bumper to bumper warranty. Can't beat it for the price.

The internet blows everything out of proportion and people shift blame for car issues off of themselves for poorly maintaining it to the manufacturer more often than they should. I've had a $400 dodge neon in highschool and college that was trouble free to over 250k miles, a 280z and zx that never had issues of any kind, a porsche 944S that was completely trouble free and still minty fresh 80k miles later, and now my mustang that has more rattles than any car i've ever had (including my $400 dodge neon), more driveline slop, and ate it's wheel bearings at about 5000 miles. I think quality is just a crapshoot. Knock on wood i've been able to identify and fix the rattles and the bearings have been just fine since replacement (they had to replace one again immediately because the bearing was bad out of the box from ford, too), and i've just gotten used to the driveline noises. The car's been rock solid for the past 20k miles. Shit happens I guess, but I wouldn't be worried to buy pretty much any car from any manufacturer......except maybe something British or Italian....

Sponsored

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
If I'm brand loyal to any single brand, it's Hyundai. As I've said here before, my wife's 2013 Elantra is put together much better than my 2016 Mustang is, and is the 2nd Hundai I've owned. I would go out on a limb and say the average new Hyundai/Kia is built with higher quality than the average Ford. I seriously considered getting a Genesis Coupe, but the styling wasn't as good as the Mustang (not many cars are though right now.)

I'll probably get flamed for this and I DO love my Mustang, but if my Mustang was built by Hyundai maybe I wouldn't have crooked panels and be on my third evaporator in 20 months of low mileage ownership.

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Maybe Koreans should google Sonata problems to see how their cars are not good enough either, but they still ship the crap

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It is a given that people who are happy with their vehicle post far less on internet forums that people who are unhappy........by reading just about any internet forum, you'd be foolish to buy ANY vehicle.......

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I don't know. I go to the Toyota Camry forum from time to time and don't come across much that makes me worry. Same deal for the Kia forum I joined to get some assistance with one. At least the "issues" with those don't seem to bubble up until higher mileage vs. some people here claiming issues before they even get their first oil change.

I expect more from Ford, I really do... I think it's fair to, as well. :)

Sponsored

BULLITTGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
My wife and I decided to purchase a commuter car in addition to the Stang and the Ram 1500 CrewCab. Her requirements were that it have a sunroof, good gas mileage, and be a pearl white color. My requirements were that it not be too expensive, not be a car I'd be embarrassed to drive, and be safe. It came down to a 2016 Accord or 2016 Optima. For the price, the Optima won hands down. It is spacious, has a panoramic sunroof, gets great gas mileage, has heated and cooled seats (that actually cool, Mustang:doh:), and was about $3500 less than the Accord.

After owning the Optima for almost a year, it continues to impress. I definitely would not have considered buying a Kia a few years ago, but they have truly stepped up their game.
You_Doodle_2017-07-14T20_43_32Z.jpg

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
My dad has a '15 or '16 Kia Sorento v6. I don't know what trim, but it has the v6 and leather seats. I don't know it's pretty nice for an suv. He had a Rav4 with v6 and a Highlander before that, and the Sorento is a lot nicer in my opinion. The Rav4's don't even come with a v6 anymore.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It is a given that people who are happy with their vehicle post far less on internet forums that people who are unhappy........by reading just about any internet forum, you'd be foolish to buy ANY vehicle.......
Agreed. People say don't buy Dodge Chrysler. My 2012 jeep liberty is still going strong. Not a single problem since I bought it. And it tows 5000 pounds of race car and trailer regularly. Don't buy a Mustang. My 15 has yet to have a single issue. And it gets drag raced regularly. With mass produced cars it's the luck of the draw. Even with high end brands like BMW and Mercedes.

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
We had a 14 Sonata limited for my wife. Great car. Zero issues. Just recently traded for a Hyundai Tucson sport. We looked at Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota. The Hyundai just had the features, looks, and price that we liked. Never even considered a gm, Ford, or dodge product.
Sponsored