Sponsored

Rumor - Will Mach 1 follow the GT350 in 2018?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
How about an SVO edition ecoboost Mustang? Something limited that comes with beefed up HP and TQ from the factory (maybe 350 at least?) but retain the 2.3 displacement.

Also what about an SHO Mustang? Same TT V6 found in the Taurus SHO, maybe even come with more from the factory as well (380-400 perhaps).

Just a couple thoughts outside the GT###/V8/Mach1 mentions above.

I am sure the Mustang will get an EB V6 in the near future. Seems inevitable right?

I loved the SV0 and and truly hope a 2.7 liter EB will end up in a lightweight Mustang soon. Add the GT350's CFRP front and MR suspension?? (BMW would take a huge hit.)
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Interesting view that the Mach 1 might "replace" the GT500. Personally, I'd like to think there's room for both. Here's my wishlist:

Mach1
5.2 Cross Plane Crank DI Coyote (475hp)
Magride
10-speed auto option.

GT500
As above, but at twin turbos for 725hp :D

Lithium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You guys are forgetting about the new café standards that will need to be met by the end of 2017. These new café standards put a limit to the number of CC's made throughout a manufacturers product line. This is why Ford has pushed so hard to get the new ECO boost V6 into their trucks. The EBV6 is really not that much better on mileage than their V8's, especially at altitude.

This is the first Mustang I've owned because it is the first non-mustang Mustang. This is Fords attempt at a sports car or grand tourer. There is more Aston Martin in this car than you would believe. Everything from the exterior to interior design/layout to their "new" independent rear. Which makes sense since they owned AM for 12 years and kept most of AM's design team.

I see the GT350 going away after 2017 to make way for the GT500 but not because they shouldn't run side by side, but because of the Café limitations. I think Ford will bring back models like the Boss, Mach1, Bullet and others because the regular GT is gonna get the EBV6 and these higher models will be the only ones to stay V8. This makes sense as a marketing strategy as well with how much power can be made with a modified 5.0 now.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Guard with 18" foundry wheels and spoiler delete== Bullitt
Not exactly... It's the right idea, anyways.

Bullitt would get some performance upgrades, Dark Highland Green paint (which is actually not very similar to Guard when you see them together), unique grilles with no badging, unique, or at least uniquely finished wheels, V6/EcoBoost fenders, some bespoke interior items, etc.

There was actually a LOT more to the Bullitts than most people tend to think.

Here's my '08!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Agreed! ^^^

Wish I could have kept my '09 AND had my '15.....

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Front definitely needs a fix/refresh. It just doesn't look right on the S550 but the GT350 looks right....

Last edited:

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Agreed! ^^^

Wish I could have kept my '09 AND had my '15.....
I also really enjoy my Bullitt because (and I hope I don't send this thread off into a totally different direction with this...) it's one of the last Mustangs built before Ford began incorporating tons of technology into them. Now they're full of bluetooth and Sync and MyTouch and all kinds of electronic aids and frankly I don't need all of that in my Mustang. It's just a great driving car and nothing more.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I also really enjoy my Bullitt because (and I hope I don't send this thread off into a totally different direction with this...) it's one of the last Mustangs built before Ford began incorporating tons of technology into them. Now they're full of bluetooth and Sync and MyTouch and all kinds of electronic aids and frankly I don't need all of that in my Mustang. It's just a great driving car and nothing more.
Agreed, I liked mine better than I did my GT500. It would have been perfect if it would have had Coyote-level power, the only thing I found lacking.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Ford needs to twin turbo + supercharge the Voodoo for the GT500 :ford: :hail:

Sponsored

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2003 Mach 1, 64.5 Coupe
Not exactly... It's the right idea, anyways.

Bullitt would get some performance upgrades, Dark Highland Green paint (which is actually not very similar to Guard when you see them together), unique grilles with no badging, unique, or at least uniquely finished wheels, V6/EcoBoost fenders, some bespoke interior items, etc.

There was actually a LOT more to the Bullitts than most people tend to think.
Right, it was just a way to point out how close you can get to the meat and potatoes of a Bullitt, Dark Green, Spoiler Delete, and a Torque Thrust Style wheel. I have a Mach, which sourced all the excess Bullit parts they could find so I'm very aware of the subtle thing Ford did to those cars. To be honest I was never a fan of the 3V, so I have never really spent much time with a S197 version. But a 01 Bullit was the first new edge I rode in, so I was partial to them until I sat behind a shaker.

However I prefer the Bullitt styling much more than the CS, so I think they should have brought the Bullitt back before the CS. I just hope a Bullit is on the radar because these body lines would really fit the muscular look the Bullit created.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Having owned both iterations of the Bullitt, I'm torn on how well it would play on the S550....

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Right, it was just a way to point out how close you can get to the meat and potatoes of a Bullitt, Dark Green, Spoiler Delete, and a Torque Thrust Style wheel. I have a Mach, which sourced all the excess Bullit parts they could find so I'm very aware of the subtle thing Ford did to those cars. To be honest I was never a fan of the 3V, so I have never really spent much time with a S197 version. But a 01 Bullit was the first new edge I rode in, so I was partial to them until I sat behind a shaker.

However I prefer the Bullitt styling much more than the CS, so I think they should have brought the Bullitt back before the CS. I just hope a Bullit is on the radar because these body lines would really fit the muscular look the Bullit created.
GT/CS is a much easier package to do because it's ONLY comprised of styling items. There are no performance or mechanical improvements for the GT/CS.

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2003 Mach 1, 64.5 Coupe
GT/CS is a much easier package to do because it's ONLY comprised of styling items. There are no performance or mechanical improvements for the GT/CS.
True but the GT350 Cold Air kit and X pipe "midsection" are some easy off the shelf parts that should bolt up with little modification and provide that distinct difference. A factory 3.73 without PP would be the icing on the cake, guess we can only hope.
Sponsored