Sponsored

Rumor - The GT500 thread

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wouldn't say so. He said it's the small EcoBoost. He didn't say this V6 EcoBoost is smaller than a V8. He said small EcoBoost. Totally different.

AFAIK the V6 is the BIG EcoBoost, because the other production EcoBoost engines are all 4 cylinders. Am I wrong here?
Well, it really depends, and could totally hinge on a single comma misplaced.

There is small ecoboost (meaning there is in fact a larger one) and there is small, ecoboost (meaning its not a large engine, but eco boost. We shall wait and see :shrug:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I wouldn't say so. He said it's the small EcoBoost. He didn't say this V6 EcoBoost is smaller than a V8. He said small EcoBoost. Totally different.

AFAIK the V6 is the BIG EcoBoost, because the other production EcoBoost engines are all 4 cylinders. Am I wrong here?

I think this is a definitive answer as to whether Ford is working on a V8 EcoBEAST. :eyebulge:

Of course nothing is official. :ninja:

I totally agree.

I'm thinking the Coyote will be getting direct injection at some point, so this might be a way to develop a few things Ford wants/needs for future cars.
I don't think the name ECOBEAST makes any sense for an engine in the GT500.

Firstly, the "boost" part of name is nixed. Then you keep the "Eco" part, which has nothing to do with the GT500.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Yea at 12 MPG with a Tail wind, prob would get 15 or so in the new body.

The 2017 Raptor will eclipse the old one.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yea at 12 MPG with a Tail wind, prob would get 15 or so in the new body.

The 2017 Raptor will eclipse the old one.
Of course. It has boost.

But a properly developed 8 with boost would eclipse that.

It's all I'm saying. Just logic.

Of course Ford must contend with government regulations, do it will elk best in ways to make the company as a whole succeed providing what everyone needs, while offering what we all "want" in a few select areas. Such as evening things out elsewhere do that a new hot rod 5.2 v8 can exist. And quite possibly a TT gt500 v8.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Lol

You must admit that THE truck having an ecoboost 6 is... A little different.
It is different but I embrace change. The new Raptor is going to be a slick ride.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't think the name ECOBEAST makes any sense for an engine in the GT500.

Firstly, the "boost" part of name is nixed. Then you keep the "Eco" part, which has nothing to do with the GT500.
I bet it would get better fuel economy than the GT350 while making double the power (if they choose to), so ECO makes sense to me.

I like the name eco beast.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I bet it would get better fuel economy than the GT350 while making double the power (if they choose to), so ECO makes sense to me.

I like the name eco beast.
Sure, FI helps, but the car isn't going to be economical as any Shelby or cobra owner will tell you.

So it really doesn't seem to fit.

Helping a 4 banger make power is one thing. Take my an economical motor and boosting it.

But taking a powerhouse and boosting it is something else.

Really hope they choose a name more suitable to the intent of the engine.... That would be POWER.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That is the beauty of FI motors though, you can have both. When you are are in closed loop mode (i.e. not loading the engine), it operates much like a standard NA motor would...and when you get on it, it operates much like a larger NA motor would. So it really wouldnt be a stretch to see similar fuel economy numbers in the much larger truck

Im guessing something like 15/22 for the GT350

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
That is the beauty of FI motors though, you can have both. When you are are in closed loop mode (i.e. not loading the engine), it operates much like a standard NA motor would...and when you get on it, it operates much like a larger NA motor would. So it really wouldnt be a stretch to see similar fuel economy numbers in the much larger truck

Im guessing something like 15/22 for the GT350
Preaching to the choir.

But gt500 FI gas mileage shouldn't have the word "Eco" anywhere near it IMHO. Lol.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yes true, especially if you are driving it as intended

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Preaching to the choir.

But gt500 FI gas mileage shouldn't have the word "Eco" anywhere near it IMHO. Lol.

I guess we have different standards. To me, if I can get 22-25 mpg on a long trip and make 800+ hp with the same engine it totally qualifies for both being ECOnomic and a BEAST.

That is a completely plausible performance window for a twin turbo Coyote.
Sponsored