Sponsored

Rumor - The GT500 thread

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
Considering demand for the Hellcats has far outstripped supply and capacity...I'd say tons of people want a 4k lb car with 700hp.
This is true. Do we even know what Dodge was expecting for capacity on the HC? 3k of each or 10k of each?

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Mounting low mount turbos is not that hard when you have a huge R&D teamto help.
In the aftermarket we will always want the bigger option to get more power later on, but ford only need a turbo that produces x amount of power plus a safety margin, so realistically they would be able to get away with a relatively small turbo, and there is plenty of room to mount a low mount turbo.
Personally, I hate the way everybody is mounting there turbos up high and in front of the engine. Rubbish for balance and weight distribution, but I guess most of those people are drag racing so they couldn't care less.

Anyway, I'm still going to vote on a TT Voodoo.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Now hoping for the return of the gt500

I've had a pre deposit at my dealer since I picked up my gt pp in December for the gt350 and have been very excited about the car coming out, but after driving my gt pp over 10k miles I honestly don't think 90 hp is going to satisfy me. I was very close to buying a gt500 before my gt pp, but the new interior and body style was to much to pass on. I absolutely love my 15' mustang, but it needs a huge power boost as the 435 has grown.....predictable I guess is the word I could use. Again, I am a huge fan of the s550, but a bigger fan or a 700+ hp s550. I think ford has done amazing things with these smaller v-8's and I like the sound and idea behind the fpc, but it's not enough to steer me away from the tire shredding, more power than I need car I desire.

So until the gt500 comes back I think I'm going to supercharge my gt pp and hope for the best.

I really hope the gt500 rumors start soon as I need a new goal. I do not like or want to buy a dodge, but want an over the top hp car so I really hope ford brings it back.

What are the chances?

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I agree.. I would love to see a GT500. I had a 2012 Shelby with 690rwhp. Compared to that, my S550 GT feels like a snail. But it is what it is.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Slap a Whipple on it and call it a day.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I am thinking about going with a whipple. I put a ton of miles on this car and not sure how that will do with the supercharger. I just bought a new Lexus ISF in February with the idea of using it as my everyday driver, but have no interest in driving the car as it is no where near as fun as the mustang. Ive only put 2000 miles on the Lexus as I keep driving the mustang.

I may look into the whipple and see how others are holding up to miles.

Sponsored

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
Honestly the gt with a supercharger sounds better than the gt350 imo. They both sound great but the supercharged gt sounds better.

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
I agree with 435 not bring so great. The number sounded good but considering this car is about 100 pounds heavier than a S197 and it's not as stiff with the IRS, it's kinda sad that I can't even beat a 2014 Mustang in a straight line just think when the 2016 Camaros hit the streets.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm putting off getting a power adder on the 5.0 because I don't want to get used to 600+ HP yet. 435 is also seeming a little tame to me, at least on the streets. When I went to the road course I got a whole new level of respect for the power in the Coyote.

I've realized that the gears put you out of the power band most of the time on the street. You almost have to be in first or second to be in the power band. Now, my previous 5.0 with the 3.73 gears - that was a lot more crazy on the street. More fun. Now I realize I need either the gears or more power... or both.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
putting a supercharger on a GT350 is like force inducting a 911 GT3, nice way to ruin it. Wait for GT500 or supercharge a current GT
Sponsored