Sponsored

Rumor: Steeda Blog - 2015 Mustang Weight Gain (Updated with Steeda's Response)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Based on our experience working with IRS mustangs in the past we estimated what the weight addition will be. In addition current industry trends with new cars show additional weight being added for various new safety and comfort features.
Well, hello, Seth...a lot of discussion was generated with that estimation. :)

In short, I presume your staff knows about as much as this community knows, correct?
Sponsored

Gman11Gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Please HIGHLIGHT "ESTIMATED" meaning you didn't weight the cars.

man...

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Based on our experience working with IRS mustangs in the past we estimated what the weight addition will be. In addition current industry trends with new cars show additional weight being added for various new safety and comfort features.
Once again like I said I will not be supporting any products from said company. Writing a vague post which knowingly would lead to all this drama is a company I don't need to support. This guys aftermarket money will go elsewhere. If they were your unsupported estimates you should have clearly written that in your blog...

Kreber50

Threads
Reaction score
So basically you guys were "guessing" why say it "ended up" when you don't know for sure, when a simple "we think" could have sufficed

PowerUp

Threads
Reaction score
R&T are reporting similar porcine figures, today.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/this-is-why-the-2015-ford-mustang-will-be-heavier

Maybe NOW the realization will FINALLY dawn that the S550 IS the raw material for a Lincoln Sports Sedan that MUST meet the structural capabilities of the other Entry Level Luxury models (Audi-BMW-Cadillac-Lexus-Mercedes et al). It therefore will weigh as much as those cars do. And, with Mustang's pricing strategy, there's not much in the costing formula left to yank out the weight in pedestrian models.

"2-300 lb. less" was the mantra. Apparently, less is MORE.

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Once again like I said I will not be supporting any products from said company. Writing a vague post which knowingly would lead to all this drama is a company I don't need to support. This guys aftermarket money will go elsewhere. If they were your unsupported estimates you should have clearly written that in your blog...
We may not have agreed earlier in this thread, but we certainly do now!

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Bingo. Loose lips sinks ships right?

Dyno

I think we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief for now and hope that these estimates are off. R&T's "source" may be the same kind of estimation so like many of us have been saying on here, wait for official numbers from Ford. Everything else is noise.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
And there you have it. I bet some of those that were taking the blog entry so seriously in the beginning of this thread wish they had a do over now. ;)

But regardless, the GOOD NEWS is, we're back to square one... there is still hope!

5.0mg

Threads
Reaction score
Bingo. Loose lips sinks ships right?
Precisely this is unfortunate because I love my Steeda intake but I will not a support a company who releases such statements so carelessly and takes this long to address them

Gman11Gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I believe the GT PP loaded up will be the one that might be the big gainer. I don't see how it will not weigh less. If it does end up weighing less then the current Camaro, that's still a win and should outperform it in every conceivable way.

The EB better not weight 3900lbs though. That would be ridiculous.

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
So what I am hearing is Steeda just wanted media attention.

NitroMustang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Word. Plus if you were to buy a small cosmetic item (power port plug) made of aluminum, they charge $10 to ship it rather than stick it in a padded envelope with a few stamps. No thanks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.