Sponsored

Roush stage 1

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
HI,

This question is for people with roush SC . stage 1.

Do you guys daily drive your car? If yes can you please share your experience.
Mine is automatic 2016 GT.

Is i ta good idea to have dd supercharged? What about in cold season?

Any other advice will also be appreciated?

Thanks
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
HI,

This question is for people with roush SC . stage 1.

Do you guys daily drive your car? If yes can you please share your experience.
Mine is automatic 2016 GT.

Is i ta good idea to have dd supercharged? What about in cold season?

Any other advice will also be appreciated?

Thanks
i dont have a roush, but i do have a Kenne Bell. my car is my only car and ive put 10,000 Miles on the car since the installation in june. other than reduced MPGs it drives almost 100% like stock. a good tune will go a long way to making it drive like stock.

im sure a roush/VMP/TVS blower will do the same thing.

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang supercharged 5.0
I drive mine at least 5 days a week as long as it isn't snowing. The cold weather does just fine for me.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
i have roush stage 2 tuned by vmp. try to daily it as long as it's above 40 degrees. no issues whatsoever to report. right around 640whp. your driveability won't be effected very much if you are just cruising around. once you go WOT is when you really feel it. tire life is going to be cut down drastically so plan on budgeting for a few sets of tires per year or buying very high quality tires that will last. the stock pirellis are crap and lasted me 3500 miles. get your tune dialed in and you shouldn't have any major issues.

GigaHz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2012 Taurus SHO
I have driven mine at 10 degrees. It doesn't affect it. I run all seasons in the winter. I have driven in an inch of snow no problem.

Sponsored

mibairho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, FP Roush S/C
Hi,
I have a 2016 Mustang GT PP (6 speed) with a Ford Performance Roush stage 1. I daily drive it 23 miles each way to work and back home. Gas mileage is close to the same as it was before the supercharger, I've had it on the car for 4 months, and drove approximately 3000 miles problem free. I did have to put Nitto 555r's in 305/35/20 on the rear to get some traction. If you drive it mellow, you'll won't be able to tell you have a supercharger installed. Once you're on the gas above 4000 rpms, all bets are off and it rips.

Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions.

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
All you need is some meat on the rear and you will be good to go.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Hi,
I have a 2016 Mustang GT PP (6 speed) with a Ford Performance Roush stage 1. I daily drive it 23 miles each way to work and back home. Gas mileage is close to the same as it was before the supercharger, I've had it on the car for 4 months, and drove approximately 3000 miles problem free. I did have to put Nitto 555r's in 305/35/20 on the rear to get some traction. If you drive it mellow, you'll won't be able to tell you have a supercharger installed. Once you're on the gas above 4000 rpms, all bets are off and it rips.

Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions.
What about below 4k? I always hear of the TQ down low on these roots-style blowers.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
it has good tq but its not blowing the wheels off.. it has a NA feel and its hard to really notice the big power bunch till 4k +. you can feel a good tq curve but hard for me to say how it feels compared to stock but according to the dyno making more tq at 2500 than a NA car.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
it has good tq but its not blowing the wheels off.. it has a NA feel and its hard to really notice the big power bunch till 4k +. you can feel a good tq curve but hard for me to say how it feels compared to stock but according to the dyno making more tq at 2500 than a NA car.
So what FI gives you the TQ where the engine needs it most (below 4k)?

I keep hearing VMP is the best for TQ ... anyone care to comment on that?

Sponsored

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Roush Phase 1 with a Lund tune here..... I DD the car and have plenty of torque everywhere....

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
So what FI gives you the TQ where the engine needs it most (below 4k)?

I keep hearing VMP is the best for TQ ... anyone care to comment on that?
Any twin screw blower is going to make torque down low WOT. You can drive any blown car like stock vehicle in non-WOT operation with a good tune. I personally do not drive my car in the winter. It sits with a cover in the garage. That is what my GTI is for.

rotisserie_gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush Stage 3
I daily a Roush stage 3 (phase 1). I live in FL, so cold season really isn't a concern, but in general no problem DDing one....even when it rains. I just take it easy when it's wet. It's perfectly tame just cruising around, but savage when you want it to be. I have the Cooper RS3 tires from Roush, and they were a bit slippery for the first 500 miles or so, but are just fine now. I may go Pilot Sport 4's when these are done, but in general I say go for it. Just get good shoes and you'll be just fine :thumbsup:

gap4040

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Roush SC
9000 miles on mine. Drive most days, if nasty or definitely raining I drive the Super Duty. I'd prefer an auto, but tolerable once I got rid of the 3.73 gearing.

I'm not nuts about the tune for daily driving, there are some real flat spots at lower RPM if lightly accelerating, but I've learned to deal. I regret going 9000 miles on the stock tires. I've got 315 PSS on the way, should be on this week!

dbasql

http://djdenverb.com
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Roush 2016 RS3
i have about 11 grand on mine.
Get 295 or above and it will be fine.
If you want it to run right you will need a tune. The tunes from Roush are garbage.
Sponsored