Sponsored

RLCA bearing: who has removed theirs?

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Use a long extension to pass all the way through from underneath.
Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Fairly straight in towards the bolts. I believe I connected up two 6" long 3/4" extensions. Once you get under the car, run just the extension toward the bolts and you will get the idea. Use a short well socket.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Doesn’t seem to line up for me there is no straight shot to it. Maybe if i drop the exhaust.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I have a Solo Mach Thunder exhaust so I just have the 3" exhaust tubing running behind the axle. The actual muffler is in the x pipe. If your muffler is not in the way you should be able to reach the bolts. I check the torque on mine after each HPDE track event.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i have the images below.. the only thing i can see is if i can get a 24mm wrench and go up from the bottom.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
The angle of the camera to the bolt with an extension is not the way to go. A wrench, if I recall, doesn't have much room to rotate. If I was at home where my car is at I would take a picture for you. I know that for the front bolt you need to work the extension in from the center of the car towards the bolt.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Doesn’t seem to line up for me there is no straight shot to it. Maybe if i drop the exhaust.
That's what I did, and everything was relatively straightforward to get to. It could probably be done without dropping the exhaust, but certainly more difficult to get to everything. The company the BMR uses to sell their assembled control arms has the best how-to writeup, IMO.

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
That's what I did, and everything was relatively straightforward to get to. It could probably be done without dropping the exhaust, but certainly more difficult to get to everything. The company the BMR uses to sell their assembled control arms has the best how-to writeup, IMO.
+1 on this. I’ve done the job twice. The first time I was reluctant to drop the exhaust and fought my way through it. Second time I dropped the exhaust and was immediately glad I did. Made the whole thing much easier and the exhaust is very simple to pull off.

I was also swapping out my upper control arms the second time around and I managed to get access from the wheel well if I remember correctly. Maybe take a look at your options from that angle and see if you can rig up a combination of extensions that works.