Ridetech Level 2 Coilovers installed:

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have Steeda Sport Linear: 198/874 springs, What spring rates would be similar?
Sponsored

1BlinkGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Mine sits as low as it will go with springs this stiff. There is no preload, so if I adjusted the collars down, the springs would be loose when the suspension unloads. That's not desirable.

Softer springs would allow the car to go lower, but would be less ideal on the racetrack. But the beauty of running coilovers is that you can order them with whatever spring rate you want, and swap around and try different springs until you find the exact combo which is perfect for you. Many people will be perfectly content with a cookie cutter approach [Eibach?] but if you have more discriminating taste, this setup is likely the one for you.

I would say my setup is ideal for HPDEs (along with other suspension upgrades which are going on the car, of course). If I was more into the stanced look, I would go with much softer springs so I could slam the car, but handling and tire wear would suffer. I'd consider this a "functional" drop.

I've gone the Koni/Eibach route before, and it works nicely- more than enough for the average Mustang enthusiast. But I wanted better than average handling. I don't mean that to sound smug, so please don't take it that way. I literally mean that I wanted the best handling combo which fits my budget. These Ridetech coilovers, along with some other suspension mods I've ordered and a more aggressive wheel/tire combo will certainly be the best handling setup I've taken to the racetrack. And cornering grip is far more important than horsepower in that realm. I'm really looking forward to this!

I won't deny that headers are fun. (installing them is NOT fun) But I'll say this: headers will give you an improvement in sound which you will probably notice and an improvement in power which you probably won't notice... but coilovers radically transform the car. I really can't overstate it.
Following your suspension solutions. Very interesting!

OP
OP
Sharad

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Following your suspension solutions. Very interesting!
Thanks. I've been testing quite a bit. I'm now on 350F/400R springs and the ride quality is nice. I'm planning to add stiffer swaybars to keep it flat in the corners while maintaining the comfy ride. I love these Ridetech coilovers!

f971-5371-cb2a-c7d3_zpss7ow2ree.jpg

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I should be installing mine next weekend with Jmeo.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I ordered a set of RideTech 2's on Memorial Day and I'm still waiting for them to ship. I can't wait to get these installed.

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Thanks. I've been testing quite a bit. I'm now on 350F/400R springs and the ride quality is nice. I'm planning to add stiffer swaybars to keep it flat in the corners while maintaining the comfy ride. I love these Ridetech coilovers!

f971-5371-cb2a-c7d3_zpss7ow2ree.jpg
Mine are 300f/400r. I have the Steeda sway bars front and rear and I feel they work great together. The car is flat and now very predictable and consistent in corners.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I love my triples!! These coilovers and swaybars will make your car a machine! I've had the chance to run my car along with some good drivers in what would be comsidered better cars and hang with them on track.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
I love my triples!! These coilovers and swaybars will make your car a machine! I've had the chance to run my car along with some good drivers in what would be comsidered better cars and hang with them on track.
Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the remote reservoirs?

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'll try and get a picture tommrow. It's 140 in my garage during the day... Lol I mounted them to the Evap case in the back. Works really well

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Steve
How do you have the Steeda sway bars set?

Sponsored

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just wrapped up the install of my Ridetech Level 2's. For those interested in the set, give Sharad at UPR a call and he can set you up with a great deal.

I went with the 350F/400R springs and per the baseline instructions adjusted the spring collars to 1/4" preload front, 1/2" preload rear. I think the front ride height looks great, but rear seems too low so may go 1/2" higher. I'll be getting an alignment tomorrow morning so I can provide better feedback/pictures after.

How much preload are other users dialing in?

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I am half inch in the front an inch-and-a-half preload in the rear. Do you have aftermarket axles?
Sponsored