Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
400# front springs and 500# rear springs installed without preload yielded roughly a 1.5" drop. There are 24 clicks of adjustment on the dampers. Ridetech instructs you to turn the knobs fully clockwise (full stiff) and then turn the knobs back 20 clicks, which would be pretty soft. I tend to like a very firm suspension setup, and these spring rates were on the higher end of what they recommend for the street, so I only turned back 5 clicks front and rear. [five clicks away from full stiff] Note: You can reach through the rear wheels to adjust the shocks, so the whole system can be adjusted in a minute or two on the side of the road, with no tools. That's convenient.

[MENTION=16613]RidetechJosh[/MENTION] Are these the springs that come with this setup or did you have the option of choosing the higher rates?

You mention the 1.5" drop. Can it be adjusted for less of a drop?

Would these be appropriate for HPDE events and considered a better setup than traditional handling springs and adjustable shocks or would the Tech 3's be better for HPDE and street?

Sorry for all the questions, but these definitely have me interested! I was looking into the aFe Featherlight setup, but I know they have some issues with noise. I had just about decided to go the traditional handling spring setup but now I'm not so sure.

Last edited:

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
[MENTION=16613]RidetechJosh[/MENTION]
I gotta ask, what grade is bolt #17 in your BOM:
99501004 1/2”-13 x 3” Hex Bolt

Do these come with front camber adjustment?
Grade 5. Explanation below :cheers:.

In a double shear bracket, a grade 5 is more than capable of holding up the load that is being put on it. It's actually about 6 times the strength of any load that it will ever see with these corner weights and motion ratio. A grade 8 could be used for your own piece of mind but it's not really needed whatsoever.

*edit - My engineer has corrected me. He let me know that my math (6x the strength) was incorrect. It's more than that, lol.

The front camber adjustment is done through the camber bolt on the lower strut mount.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
They did an awesome job with the rear mount. Thank you for posting
That's the reason I went with it. Had some concerns about attaching coilovers to the original locations only. They're also just good folks to work with and took the extra time necessary to make sure it was right and that everything was explained.

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
That's the reason I went with it. Had some concerns about attaching coilovers to the original locations only. They're also just good folks to work with and took the extra time necessary to make sure it was right and that everything was explained.
Thanks Steve!! :cheers:

OP
OP
Sharad

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What is the range of adjustment for camber?
I don't have a number, but I can tell you it's A LOT!! I like a lot of negative camber because I tend to corner pretty hard. I have my camber bolts adjusted halfway between straight up and all the way cambered in, and it looks to be between -2.5* and -3*.

Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
does ride tech offer up an offset mount position on the front coilovers to accommodate larger front rims?

OP
OP
Sharad

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=16613]RidetechJosh[/MENTION] Are these the springs that come with this setup or did you have the option of choosing the higher rates?

You mention the 1.5" drop. Can it be adjusted for less of a drop?

Would these be appropriate for HPDE events and considered a better setup than traditional handling springs and adjustable shocks or would the Tech 3's be better for HPDE and street?

Sorry for all the questions, but these definitely have me interested! I was looking into the aFe Featherlight setup, but I know they have some issues with noise. I had just about decided to go the traditional handling spring setup but now I'm not so sure.

Mine sits as low as it will go with springs this stiff. There is no preload, so if I adjusted the collars down, the springs would be loose when the suspension unloads. That's not desirable.

Softer springs would allow the car to go lower, but would be less ideal on the racetrack. But the beauty of running coilovers is that you can order them with whatever spring rate you want, and swap around and try different springs until you find the exact combo which is perfect for you. Many people will be perfectly content with a cookie cutter approach [Eibach?] but if you have more discriminating taste, this setup is likely the one for you.

I would say my setup is ideal for HPDEs (along with other suspension upgrades which are going on the car, of course). If I was more into the stanced look, I would go with much softer springs so I could slam the car, but handling and tire wear would suffer. I'd consider this a "functional" drop.

I saw this, they look pretty sweet, but as little as I drive my car I think the Koni setup will be plenty fine for me.
I've gone the Koni/Eibach route before, and it works nicely- more than enough for the average Mustang enthusiast. But I wanted better than average handling. I don't mean that to sound smug, so please don't take it that way. I literally mean that I wanted the best handling combo which fits my budget. These Ridetech coilovers, along with some other suspension mods I've ordered and a more aggressive wheel/tire combo will certainly be the best handling setup I've taken to the racetrack. And cornering grip is far more important than horsepower in that realm. I'm really looking forward to this!

I want coils. But.... I need headers more
I won't deny that headers are fun. (installing them is NOT fun) But I'll say this: headers will give you an improvement in sound which you will probably notice and an improvement in power which you probably won't notice... but coilovers radically transform the car. I really can't overstate it.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Mine sits as low as it will go with springs this stiff. There is no preload, so if I adjusted the collars down, the springs would be loose when the suspension unloads. That's not desirable.
Thanks [MENTION=8712]Sharad[/MENTION]. So if I'm understanding you correctly, these can be adjusted for less of a drop then. I didn't want lower than 1.5", I was looking more at 1" or so.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Thanks [MENTION=8712]Sharad[/MENTION]. So if I'm understanding you correctly, these can be adjusted for less of a drop then. I didn't want lower than 1.5", I was looking more at 1" or so.
Mine is maybe 1.25 front and rear. I could bring it up to stock if necessary.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Sharad

Sharad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes, that's correct. I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question. A little bit of preload on my existing springs would raise my car up to the height you're looking for.
Sponsored